Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NOT happy with today's update

Comments

• NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    So... this "look at phone every 5-10 seconds" is not a mishap, but something they want in the game from now on?
    Not only teens, but everyone with a cellphone? I've yet to come up with a fitting, somewhat diplomatic response to what I think about this. Probably better to not do it. Between cellphone obsession, wants and fears, insta-aging and some minor CAS issues, Sims 4, you're going on the shelf. Shame, I was really into playing it until this patch.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • LiebeslottchenLiebeslottchen Posts: 69 Member
    I actually thought this new cellphone behaviour was a bug. Is it not? Please let it be a bug! :s
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,172 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yep me too the constant looking at cellphone and tapping on it gets annoying way too quickly
    Teens can no longer go on dates as the phone is so bugged , phone up and ask for a date and it just drops it with no explanation , then try and travel somewhere and you can only go with people on the lot you are currently on so you cannot travel with who you wanted to date then ask them there like you could before ,
    I guess some phone freak decided they want everyone to wander round glued to their phones like they are ,

Why oh why if it is working fine can they just not LEAVE WELL ALONE and concentrate on adding new things not changing what works and breaking it

I pre ordered High School but now i am seriously dreading how much of a total buggy mess it will be just like weddings are , This has finally sunk in that i should no longer pre order anything any more from EA but wait at least 6 months to see if the mess gets fixed .

They seriously no longer care about customers and only interested in their shareholders as show by the bugs that have been rampant in this game for years and not been fixed
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited July 2022
    Oh dang, sounds like we're gonna have to mod the hell out of this one. I heard there aren't even wants and fears relating to previous packs, which stinks. And the phone behavior? Gross. I already do that too much in real life, I don't want all of my sims to have a phone addiction too.

Good thing I haven't played much in live mode yet, nor in any savefiles I care about (only the CC-free gallery upload save so far), otherwise everything in my game would be a huge dang mess already. Yeah, not playing the actual game until we get the hotfix.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I think they are aiming to please the teens who play the game with the phone thing. Want it to be like real life. If that is true, they need to allow us to take the phones away like in real life! I don't allow phones at the dinner table. I think it is very rude to be talking to someone and they are fiddling with their phone. Even adults do this today. It is sad that phones are more important than people. I am of an older generation but I still enjoy my electronics, but not so much my cell phone. Always interrupts my playing games! LOL
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I'm not a fan of changes to the game being forced upon us. What about those of us who want to play historical themes? It's getting harder and harder to do that.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I'm not a fan of changes to the game being forced upon us. What about those of us who want to play historical themes? It's getting harder and harder to do that.

I think that's because that's not a storyline that the devs are interested in implementing. You know they like to force us to play their way. Plus they probably think that the "younger generation" is ONLY into what is hip and trendy (today), because whatever is popular right now, at this very second will absolutely be "so last year" the next day and some other new fickle fad/trend will come along and take it's place.
  • SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    I look forward to the mod that will make phone use less annoying...like the mod that fixed the autonomous "get water," and the mod that fixed the air-sniffing pause when entering the room, and the mod that fixed the constant asking for advice from children and teens...
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member

I think that's because that's not a storyline that the devs are interested in implementing. You know they like to force us to play their way. Plus they probably think that the "younger generation" is ONLY into what is hip and trendy (today), because whatever is popular right now, at this very second will absolutely be "so last year" the next day and some other new fickle fad/trend will come along and take it's place.

To be honest, even when I was a teen I wasn't interested in what was popular. Mobile phones (the old Nokias) started becoming popular when I was in my late teens, but I didn't get one until I was 20 or so because until then I had no need of one.

I do play 21st century themes in Sims 4 most of the time, admittedly, but I think I played historical games more frequently in Sims 2 and Sims 3 because it was easier to ignore modern technology without negatively impacting gameplay, whereas it's more difficult now. In all honesty I haven't played some of the ultra modern careers in months and months and I don't remember how long it's been since I used the drones so there is definitely "trendy" content I avoid, either intentionally, or because it just doesn't occur to me to use it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,891 Member
    I look forward to the mod that will make phone use less annoying...like the mod that fixed the autonomous "get water," and the mod that fixed the air-sniffing pause when entering the room, and the mod that fixed the constant asking for advice from children and teens...

Hmm, where could one find these mods if you could please, i never saw one for drinking water. The no toilet prank mod is the only one i found so far ... not even sure it works !
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    The phone obsession is a dealbreaker. I just...WHY??

"Hey, I have a great plan! Since we're designing this new iphone interface and we want to hype it, let's add new phone animations and tune all Sims to idle and default interact with their phones repeatedly! It'll be so funny! And we'll design a new walk that makes them use their phones consistently so they never have to put them down!"

"Yeah, what a great idea! And instead of making it optional in CAS, the new walk will also be the default replacement! The normal walk is old so no one will care, right?"
    #Team Occult
    > @CrazyFrog said:
    > Hmm, where could one find these mods if you could please, i never saw one for drinking water. The no toilet prank mod is the only one i found so far ... not even sure it works !

I found the drink water mod on Mod the Sims. (https://modthesims.info/d/646645/no-autonomous-drinking.html)
    Wait...that might be the wrong mod. I think that's the one that stops guests from grabbing drink from the fridge repeatedly. I'll try to remember where I got the "get water" mod.
    Wait...that might be the wrong mod. I think that's the one that stops guests from grabbing drink from the fridge repeatedly. I'll try to remember where I got the "get water" mod.

TY @SkipInkling ... I appreciate it ! This will get me started ! :wink:

• Sannuli211Sannuli211 Posts: 4 New Member
    It's so nice of them to release a pack I can't even play because all the teens I was planning on sending to high school are gonna be elders by the time they get there :/
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    Heronyx wrote: »
    I hate the update and will probably no longer be playing. I find the unfulfilled wants trait unbearable. I can't even be bothered to explain. I'm just done.

This bothers me too. It's good for gameplay, but it seems more like a nuisance more than anything when you are doing a sim story and you want things to go in a certain direction. They really need to make this an optional feature.
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    I hate the update and will probably no longer be playing. I find the unfulfilled wants trait unbearable. I can't even be bothered to explain. I'm just done.

This bothers me too. It's good for gameplay, but it seems more like a nuisance more than anything when you are doing a sim story and you want things to go in a certain direction. They really need to make this an optional feature.

There are wants and fears potions in the aspiration reward store. One resets your wants and the other eliminates your fears. I know it's not a fix fix but it is a work around for now.
    I think the launch is making it more pressing to put resources on bug fixes.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    rjssim wrote: »

There are wants and fears potions in the aspiration reward store. One resets your wants and the other eliminates your fears. I know it's not a fix fix but it is a work around for now.

Thanks for the tip. I also just noticed that there is an option in the gameplay settings that I think disables the feature altogether. I'm going to see if that works as well.
    Is there anything new regarding the hot fix update? I see they posted on twitter saying that they're working on it but I haven't seen anything new since. Does anyone have any idea on how long these kind of fixes usually take?
    Sannuli211 wrote: »
    Is there anything new regarding the hot fix update? I see they posted on twitter saying that they're working on it but I haven't seen anything new since. Does anyone have any idea on how long these kind of fixes usually take?

I dont know usually... these situations are kinda unique, but hopefuly by the end of next business day :wink:
    Does anyone have any idea on how long these kind of fixes usually take?

In this case, we could be waiting a while. it isn't just one or two bugs. It seems like every time I check the forums, someone has posted about a new, game-breaking bug they've found. So, the folks who fix these things are likely playing a game of whack-a-mole right now.

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Does anyone have any idea on how long these kind of fixes usually take?

In this case, we could be waiting a while. it isn't just one or two bugs. It seems like every time I check the forums, someone has posted about a new, game-breaking bug they've found. So, the folks who fix these things are likely playing a game of whack-a-mole right now.

I would say realistically it will take 2 months before the glaring things are fixed and 6 months before everything they consider worth fixing is fixed. I am not optimistic about things like Phone Addiction, since it seems they don't consider it a bug despite happening to raging werewolves for example.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    I would say realistically it will take 2 months before the glaring things are fixed and 6 months before everything they consider worth fixing is fixed. I am not optimistic about things like Phone Addiction, since it seems they don't consider it a bug despite happening to raging werewolves for example.

Yeah, I don't suspect they're going to give their tech folks that long to fix it though. I think it would be more likely they would be told to fix as much as they can in a week or two...and then be told to move on to the next project. They'll fix the truly game-breaking stuff (and the embarrassing stuff that's made the headlines), but things like phone use will be left to modders to sort out.

Thanks for the insight everyone. It just seems like TS4 won't be worth my time for a while.