Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

High School Years Official Countdown Thread (Out Now)!!!!

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    bandit5 wrote: »
    they just test with base game i think and no other packs

Sure but they dont need other packs to avoid sims not wanting to date their own relatives xD

They do if code from other packs is causing the bug...

However, they've told us that they do test with all packs installed, so that's not the issue.

I really doubt it, I'm definitely not a game dev so I could ofc be very very wrong/simplistic here, but as a regular dev, I somehow can't imagine this being much more than a missing if check somewhere. Again, take it with a grain of salt, but at least to me, this one seems more like an oversight than a bug. And not the kind of thing they should miss.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    edited July 2022
    I put the code in, and it downloaded the pack. I am checking it now. will post a screen shot when i find the screenshot. https://imgur.com/a/YLuAcr9
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    well new pack tomorrow guys I'm still really looking forward to it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    Does anyone know if there's any goth clothing, piercings or tattoos in this pack?
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Pillow Talk
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    AnisimAnisim Posts: 181 Member
    Werescythe wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's any goth clothing, piercings or tattoos in this pack?

No, unfortunately. It is catered toward the more colorful and wacky clothes that teens where today. I've wanted early 2000's skate punk, myself.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The Patch broke traveling. You can no longer travel with sims outside of your world. It's happening on both console and pc and 59 people are having this issue on AMQ including me. The sims outside of your world are greyed out. This one worries me more then the aging bug.
  • Options
    High School Years is out Later Today!!!!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Rats... As suspected, too busy giving my cat cuddles after her dental appointment to update mods. Maybe I will have time in the morning.

@catloverplayer I hope you are feeling much better.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    The Patch broke traveling. You can no longer travel with sims outside of your world. It's happening on both console and pc and 59 people are having this issue on AMQ including me. The sims outside of your world are greyed out. This one worries me more then the aging bug.

I'm not experiencing that... yet, and I have been playing all day.
    I took a look and I have two sims in San Myshuno going to Willow Creek and sims from several worlds are all available.
    I wonder what's behind that one.

I don't seem to be experiencing the aging bug either.
    I did have the game build a new Sims 4 folder and transferred my saves, screenshots, and tray files to the new folder.
    Maybe that is helping. I am playing one of my saves that I only played as a test. Not going to risk my main save yet.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2022
    Releasing for us in round about 10 and a half hours :)
    but for me a little later hahaha I am not the age to wake up at 5am anymore :D
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Releasing for us in round about 10 and a half hours :)
    but for me a little later hahaha I am not the age to wake up at 5am anymore :D

3am for us, I am betting I wake up and decide to get up. I am like a 5 year old. ROFL
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Lol @lori171957 :D I am at the sleeping in age. You have fun ;)
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2022
    Do we think there will be a fix for the aging bug before the pack drops? I'm nervous to update even though I always play on normal lifespan but I do want to play HSY as soon as it is out.

(Yes I always back up my saves before updating).
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Do we think there will be a fix for the aging bug before the pack drops? I'm nervous to update even though I always play on normal lifespan but I do want to play HSY as soon as it is out.

Before it drops? No because GC already have a copy of the pack and they would have released it before they got it I'd assume.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member

Before it drops? No because GC already have a copy of the pack and they would have released it before they got it I'd assume.
    Ah well I will just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best!
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    What time does it drop in the US?
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »

I'm not experiencing that... yet, and I have been playing all day.
    I took a look and I have two sims in San Myshuno going to Willow Creek and sims from several worlds are all available.
    I wonder what's behind that one.

I don't seem to be experiencing the aging bug either.
    I did have the game build a new Sims 4 folder and transferred my saves, screenshots, and tray files to the new folder.
    Maybe that is helping. I am playing one of my saves that I only played as a test. Not going to risk my main save yet.

It's on the AHQ Bug Forum. Your lucky.
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member

I am experiencing that as well. Also While my test sim visited HOB there were 3 mayors wandering around. Lavina Chopra with whom she was already acquainted and 2 male imposters.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I don't think traveling is broken, it just seems random on which sims you can travel with. Such as not all the sims were grayed out.

But I am not getting a weird bug. The household funds seemed to be in the minus for some odd reason and when I tried motherload, they suddenly became millionaires instead of just getting the 50k
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,839 Member
    I'm ready! I have a quick meal ready to heat and eat while the pack installs when I get home from work. I can't wait to explore Copperdale.
  • Options
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    I don't think traveling is broken, it just seems random on which sims you can travel with. Such as not all the sims were grayed out.

But I am not getting a weird bug. The household funds seemed to be in the minus for some odd reason and when I tried motherload, they suddenly became millionaires instead of just getting the 50k

The travel bug didn’t start until the patch. I've never seen sims greyed out.
  • Options
    Today'sThe Day!!!!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2022
    These packs always release at late hours of the night for me and during my busy days lol but I can't wait to see everyone's pictures and gameplay though🤭 I gotta wait for a few more mods to get updated anyway 😤 I guess I pre-ordered just to preorder 😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,839 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »

The travel bug didn’t start until the patch. I've never seen sims greyed out.

It's weird how it's happening. I have two important sims who can't travel with anybody, everyone in their panel is greyed out. The other three have 2/3rds of theirs greyed out. I've found a couple of ways to get groups together but it is extra steps. Hopefully this will have a fix soon.