Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging with 7/26/2022 patch

Comments

• rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    The last time aging went wonky a few years back I only had one sim who aged backwards and I just left him that way, but this time I'm not playing any of my save games until the fix is in place. One sim actually died and though an elder he was active with many years still to go. Game NOT saved.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I have aging off. So I guess I will have no issues.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2022

As long as the game settings are set to short or normal lifespan with aging on or off the bug should not occur. Don't have the setting with long even selected as a grayed out option.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    crebo19 wrote: Β»
    Is anyone else seeing their sims on the brink of aging up since getting the update? I resumed playing a household with an elder and he died right away, a teenager who had just aged up on my last save is ready to age into a young adult, and a young adult vampire (who is immortal) now has a completely green age bar. I decided to check a family that I never play and as soon as I played the household everyone aged up.

Yes, tried the game today and my merman suddenly aged up when he came back from a trip to the city. His age bar was only half full before! Think I might turn aging off for a while to see if that stops it. (I wanted him to stay a young adult! 😭).
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    edited July 2022
    One word of caution:

Make sure to save your individual sims and households to your Origin library too if you haven't already. I'm doing that so I won't have to remake any of them if for some reason my backup saves are totally ruined by this bug.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    edited July 2022
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-QO7zSbd7Fo

Goodness I didn't know it was this extreme
    I might have to return the prepatch save point when all of this is over just to be sure cause I can't honestly tell if things changed when i was in goth house looking at update stuff and changing preferences and whatever body hair stuffz for my sims means redoing those changes but hey at least i didn't do a lot and i actually recorded the progress so i know which sims i did change so i can redo it yay :lol:

not gonna lie the sim apocalypse is rather amusing I just wish its fixed soon tho so I can play again

oooor I guess i could have very deathful separate save while i wait i guess just to gather inspiration for my next horrible deeds
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited July 2022
    logion wrote: Β»

As long as the game settings are set to short or normal lifespan with aging on or off the bug should not occur. Don't have the setting with long even selected as a grayed out option.

I've been back and forth on Answers HQ and the issue is with both short and long lifespans as per their testing thus far. So in order to avoid the bug, you need to set it to normal lifespan or aging off with normal lifespan greyed out. If it's on either long or short (greyed out or not) your sims will get days added every time you go in and out of CAS.

I also had the issue of my sim aging up (when aging was turned off) the very first time I went into the game/CAS right after I updated originally. But thankfully it only happened that first time and hasn't since. Played for a couple of hours today and my sim is staying at their current age with no issues going in and out of CAS.

Long story short (pun intended): Only set your game options to normal lifespan or aging off with normal lifespan greyed out, just to be safe. Stay away from short/long lifespans completely.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I heard it's a glitch and they are working on a hotfix for it. I wish they would take time to test their updates out.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,486 Member
    edited July 2022
    Wow, I didn't notice it at all in my Main save. Since I was without mods at that time, I did notice my Sim's wife was as bald as a billiard cue. But that's because I use cc hair on her. In my Flashback save I have aging off. I was afraid my Sims would age past the mark for high school. (Of course, this was unnecessary because I could just use the cas.fulleditmode or MCCC to 'fix' the problem. Even so, I haven't changed that setting in this save. I do hope for all of those who are afflicted with this bug, that EA is able to resolve the situation sooner rather than later.

ETA: This problem players are reporting, makes me wonder, since it appears to happen to NPCs, as well, that perhaps the game isn't going to generate students, per se, but to take some of our Teens, randomly to school? This would make me happy, if that's the case.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    edited July 2022
    Story of glitch:
    Day 1 of the Premade Rebellion:

Our troops have gained access to fame we will no longer be outnumbered by the randomized townies it is now or never we must fight these zombies!

Day 2:
    the enemy is launching fashion attacks!
    but we will not falter no we will stand for what is right!

Day3:

Mortimer: Do I look old to you Bella?
    Bella: Maybe a little... you don't think -
    *Mortimer ages up*
    Mortimer: they've gained access to it haven't they.

Day4: premades rebellion falls with heavy casualties sims drop down left and right all aging rapidly, ultimately even Goths are on their death bed

*rocks shift as Agnes Crumplebottom raises from the ashes unaged fresh as ever*

Agnes grabs her purse and launches into the crowd of zombie smacking them down one by one as all other now elderly premades watch with tears in their eyes

" she's back" sims cry in relief

but its too late for grim is already on his way...

BEEP BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP
    Alexander wakes up and rubs his eyes
    That one was just a dream right.... Right?????
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Lydz8_0Lydz8_0 Posts: 5 New Member
    Sorry, posted last night but didnt know how to reply to another post. My problem is the opposite. I play with no cc or mods, normal lifespan with aging working in the household I'm in and off elsewhere but I'm getting teens aging backwards in 2 households by a week. In the 2nd house, my teen has gone from - 4 days to y/a to -11 days. I think her parents have aged backwards by a week too as they were 10 or so days to elder and now, they are both 17.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I just got a pop on the front loading screen of the game regarding them being aware of the bug and looking into a fix for it.

I haven't even updated yet nor is my game connected to the internet, I play offline. How would I get that message?
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,807 Member
    I just got a pop on the front loading screen of the game regarding them being aware of the bug and looking into a fix for it.

I haven't even updated yet nor is my game connected to the internet, I play offline. How would I get that message?

That's messed up, and a whole lot of freaky. Which makes one wonder if Origin is ever really as offline as the word implies. Is some background function of Origin still online even when it says it's not.

And no mention of the travel bug. The aging bug is by far the biggest bug and should get higher priority, but the travel bug isn't trivial either. Acknowledging both wouldn't be that hard.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,848 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Can you use the "Invite to" social when your played and unplayed sims are in the same room?
    I know that's not a fix entirely, because it is hard to build big groups that way, but at least Liberty could go to Matteo's house and then "invite to" somewhere else for example.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,807 Member
    @mightysprite I do have the 'invite to' option, but I have another I idea that will work until a fix comes, I think. Summer, Londyn, Danielle, and Liberty can travel together. So instead of going to a community lot to have their get togethers, they can have an intimate friends gathering at Matteo and Liberty's home instead. That might even become a new tradition. Danielle and Londyn will need a bigger place before they can host though. Their place is so small they have to step outside to change their mind.

Sorry, I'll let myself out...😊
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    For me this issue occurs in normal lifespan too. Made a new game with a new young adult sim, came out of cas and she had 20 days till she ages up.
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Nope not updating
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I'm so glad I held off on updating this time. Its the first time I've ever not updated on day one. I just had a hunch that something was gonna go wrong. I'll wait til this is hot fixed and mods are updated. Though I'm really eager to try out the fear, wants and sexual orientation features.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I'm so glad I only play vanilla on my PC. :p I don't have the aging problem. However, I do have the aging totally turned off for all sims & have the wants/fears off also. ;)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited July 2022
    I've just opened the game and there is a notice that EA have noticed the bug and a recommendation as to what to do about it until they sort it out.

Actually, when I went to the Grimwood bar and bunker with my werewolf family I'm sure that Vlad the vampire, who seems always to turn up, had got younger - or at least revitalised dancing away!
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I haven't even tried playing as yet. I believe with starting my recent save I have aging off, but I can't play offline as my Origin has the missing MSVCP140.dll error so can't open Origin or Sims 4, nor does it allow me to uninstall it. Logion was kind enough to answer a post on how to uninstall manually, but I am nervous about doing it. My Grandson is going to help me out later today. Fingers crossed that it works and I can download a new Origin with MSVCP. Fortunately I did download the EA app so will be able to play even if Origin doesn't get fixed, but it doesn't have offline feature yet. Not sure I want to try playing as yet with all the other issues, especially the phone one.
  • Lydz8_0Lydz8_0 Posts: 5 New Member
    I've checked all my houses but not saved except the 2 I initially saved from yesterday post patch. In summary, all the adults have been given an extra week or so, eg 15 days to elder, is now 23 days to elder. All my teens too. Eg from 5 days to y/a to 12 days. All the other age groups are fine. Sigh. I'm hoping the hot fix fixes everyone affected and mysteriously will fix my problem too.
  • SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    Any word on the hotfix yet?
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    edited July 2022
    Are they going to fix the fame virus too? Because everyone in my save was infected, and now Summer Holiday is 5 stars celebrity. Also Throne Beiley comes to my house like everyday and knock on my door and my sims don’t even knows him. Never happens before.