Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NOT happy with today's update

First of all, why did they change the phones? My sim tries to call somebody, and it's like "WHAT?" Does changing the phone layout actually improve gameplay somehow, or did somebody just do this because they were bored of the old phones? I really don't like having to learn a new layout just because somebody wanted to get creative.

Then I noticed needs acting funny. One of the kids would just start getting hungry, and suddenly he'd be starving and I'd get a message that he might get taken away if he's not fed. Did they just skip through the yellow and orange phases real quickly? And why am I getting this message on a school age child? Those messages are supposed to be for babies and toddlers, not kids who can go in the fridge and get their own food!

More importantly, the new update is messing up my game! I logged in a city family, and played them for a couple hours--helping the younger boys get straight As and finish the mental aspiration so they could age up to teens. I'm almost ready to age them up, when one suddenly disappears! He didn't die, and I didn't get any messages about him being adopted into a new home. He just disappeared. (Although the blanket in his bed was still propped up, as if an invisible boy was sleeping in it.

Then I looked on his twin brother's friend list, and he was still on there as his best friend. (He was NOT on his sister's list though! She was just talking to him a little bit earlier, and now she doesn't even know him???) So I have his twin brother call him and invite him over, and get a message that he's coming. I see him in the apartment, but the brother who called him over isn't there. I suddenly realised that when I looked more closely, the boy that is not listed as a member of the household is the one that was in the apartment! (They look alike from a distance, because they have matching school uniforms and short hair, but they have differnt skin colors.) So the game got their names wrong? I tried getting the mom to click on him, so she could invite him into the household, but she couldn't click on him.

I figured it must be glitching, so I logged out to check CAS. I waited forever for CAS to load the photos of the households, because the one household I was playing would NOT load. So I clicked on it without waiting for the photo, and a stranger was in there by himself. I went out and tried again, and now a different stranger was there. I moved them to unplayed houses, and back into played houses, and nothing worked. I clicked on the apartment they were living on, and they were gone, but one of my other characters was living there by herself. When I went back later (after moving them to unplayed and back to played households) one of the other households in the same building was in there. They had 2 apartments!

Finally I decided to leave the entire game, because it had to be glitch. I waited a little while and loaded the game back on. I saw the family's photo (missing the one boy) when the game loaded, but the apartment was EMPTY! I looked at CAS, and they were NOT in played households. I looked in unplayed households, and they were NOT there EITHER ! The game culled the entire family!!!

Fortunately I have them in the gallery, but all that work they did to prepare to age up is wasted.

I think I'm gonna have to lay off the Sims for a few days until they fix the bugs in today's update. I'm worried that the game might cull any household I play.

Comments

• TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    And another thing, loading times were terrible today!
  • David8_LyDavid8_Ly Posts: 41 Member
    Multiple problems with bugs unfortunately especially with the useless phone update that should have never been added into basegame that apparently interferes with daily tasks, the incest bug, and the aging up bug being the most commonly reported bugs in addition to not being able to cancel out wants being problematic as well.
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    edited July 2022
    Have you updated all of your mods and CC?
    No. The mods were all up-to-date when I played yesterday, but I'm sure the update probably broke some of them.
    I did get a message that one mod will need to be updated, but I don't see any reason that particular mod would cause an entire family to get culled. The only way for me to know if any of the other mods needs to be updated is to play them.

I do have MCCC. I suppose that could delete a family. Although a few weeks ago I used MCCC to put "never cull" on most of my own households (after the game culled a couple of my favorites). But maybe the game deliberately culled the family because they were listed as never cull?

I didn't get any messages that MCCC needs updating, and did not use it for anything today, so I don't know if it needs to be updated or not.

Has anybody who played today with MCCC noticed problems with it?

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2022
    MCCC does need updating. They released a hotfix for it which you can get from deaderpool's website.

The update broke most mods so I would double check whether the rest of your mods/CC need updating. There is a thread here in the mods section of te forum listing all of the mods which are broken and which have been updated since the patch.
  • KbobsterKbobster Posts: 155 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yeah, it worked well for me because I started a new game. But too many people are having issues. I think they will have to fix it, soon. It just sucks because a lot of time went into making the patch and a lot of time went into our games and for them to become corrupted by a patch is...so infuriated. (at least it would be for me). Start a new game to hold you over, I guess. And I heard someone else say keep your Lifespan as normal.
    Post edited by Kbobster on
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    @Tammors This update broke most mods. Check page 1 of the Broken Mods thread in the General Mods category. Remove all mods except those cleared by creator. Then you can update any mods listed as updated. MCCC and UI Cheats Extension are among those that need an update.
  • Sannuli211Sannuli211 Posts: 4 New Member
    I just have to say that I hate update days. The neighborhood stories update already broke my game enough for it to be annoying to play (I made a bug report on that issue and even sent the sims team my save and still it hasn't been fixed and it's been months since then...) and now this... the aging up bug has made my save pretty much unplayable since I have a lot of elder sims who will die in a few days if I switch to normal life span to avoid the glitch... So I'm better off just not playing at all ig. It's a shame since I just preordered the high school expansion and it will be releasing in a few days. I would have loved to play it but I guess not...
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    They better fixed bug quickly. Honestly, I wish they fixed bugs first before release new content
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • EliauresEliaures Posts: 1 New Member
    First time I've felt the need to leave a comment in the forums, but this update is the worst I've ever experienced.
    I too had the disappearing sim, age up bug. I had a game that was in the first day that I loaded, and I noticed that Nancy Landgraab (unplayed) had aged up to elder, and Geofrey Landgraab was gone, disappeared.
    The phone update is disappointing. My sims are all now phone fanatics. I had two sims having a conversation, and before any conversation actions take place, i.e. "Ask about day" "express admiration", one stares at the phone for 10 seconds, then the other stares at the phone for 10 seconds, then the first one stares at the phone for 10 seconds, THEN the dialog options occur. This is far worse than the phone fanatic that a famous sim can get which is a "negative" quirk.
    The phone interface is disappointing. Even for a teen the "cutesy" icons for phone options are childish. Couldn't we have an option to choose a phone interface?
  • AutumnAngelAutumnAngel Posts: 3 New Member
    I play on xbox one next gen, I have noticed my sims are ageing before there time even tho I have it set to only household played, there birthdays are being brought forward and then ageing as soon as the morning hits! I not even getting time to have a birthday party for them.
    I feel I'm going to have to not play for while, really sad as I don't want to my sims to be all old before there time.
  • Lydz8_0Lydz8_0 Posts: 5 New Member
    Not very happy with EA today. Game updated via Origin, I don't have mods or cc n play aging off except in the current household. Went into my house with mum n 3 daughters. Elder mum n y/a daughter #1 are ok but the 2 teen girls have aged backwards by a week. One was 4 days from y/a and is now 11. Her sister was 10 days and is now 17. Not sure what's happened, if it's teen related or something has glitched the calendar. Went to their cousins house- she was the same age (4 days away from y/a) and she's gone backwards a week too. Her child sister and adult parents are fine. Phone, sexual orientation in cas and wants/fears seems ok although no fears popped up. Anyone else has this issue? Most ppl seem to be aging up not backwards. 😒
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Practically every mod is broken. No one should be playing on a modded game without first making sure ever mod is up to date. Then it makes it more confusing for the team to find out which bugs are mod related and which are basegame...
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Practically every mod is broken. No one should be playing on a modded game without first making sure ever mod is up to date. Then it makes it more confusing for the team to find out which bugs are mod related and which are basegame...

Yup, I took out my Sims4 folder before the patch dropped and generated a brand new one so I was sure to have clean fresh vanilla files to patch, the only thing I put back was my tray and my saves and my game is a hot mess right now without a mod or bit of cc to be had. My main save that I have been plotting and planning to play with this new pack is unplayable due to having the aging bug, poor Dennis Kim bought the farm the second I opened it, fortunately it was a save as copy I made to test for bugs. But now I have pre-paid for a pack I can’t use until there’s a fix for these glitches. It’s not just aging, there are reports sims can’t travel together, you can’t invite sims anywhere if they’re living outside your neighborhood, that holidays and events are scrubbed from the calendar and that all sims are being marked as celebrities.

So far I only have the aging bug but I plan to test further to see if I have more and won’t be reinstalling any mods or any cc until I am sure these bugs are fixed.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2022
    Lydz8_0 wrote: »
    Not very happy with EA today. Game updated via Origin, I don't have mods or cc n play aging off except in the current household. Went into my house with mum n 3 daughters. Elder mum n y/a daughter #1 are ok but the 2 teen girls have aged backwards by a week. One was 4 days from y/a and is now 11. Her sister was 10 days and is now 17. Not sure what's happened, if it's teen related or something has glitched the calendar. Went to their cousins house- she was the same age (4 days away from y/a) and she's gone backwards a week too. Her child sister and adult parents are fine. Phone, sexual orientation in cas and wants/fears seems ok although no fears popped up. Anyone else has this issue? Most ppl seem to be aging up not backwards. 😒

Apparently, if you have been playing on long and switch to short lifespan sims will have days subtracted on loading into live mode. Maybe that's what is happening?
  • AutumnAngelAutumnAngel Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Babykittyjade said:
    > Practically every mod is broken. No one should be playing on a modded game without first making sure ever mod is up to date. Then it makes it more confusing for the team to find out which bugs are mod related and which are basegame...

For me I play on xbox so I do not have any mods at all and I'm still broken badly, with my sims growning up much faster then they should be. One of my sims had just grown into an elder before the update now she is about to die. I have my age off only households on, I've had no time with her as an elder.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Tammors wrote: »
    First of all, why did they change the phones? My sim tries to call somebody, and it's like "WHAT?" Does changing the phone layout actually improve gameplay somehow, or did somebody just do this because they were bored of the old phones? I really don't like having to learn a new layout just because somebody wanted to get creative.

Then I noticed needs acting funny. One of the kids would just start getting hungry, and suddenly he'd be starving and I'd get a message that he might get taken away if he's not fed. Did they just skip through the yellow and orange phases real quickly? And why am I getting this message on a school age child? Those messages are supposed to be for babies and toddlers, not kids who can go in the fridge and get their own food!

More importantly, the new update is messing up my game! I logged in a city family, and played them for a couple hours--helping the younger boys get straight As and finish the mental aspiration so they could age up to teens. I'm almost ready to age them up, when one suddenly disappears! He didn't die, and I didn't get any messages about him being adopted into a new home. He just disappeared. (Although the blanket in his bed was still propped up, as if an invisible boy was sleeping in it.

Then I looked on his twin brother's friend list, and he was still on there as his best friend. (He was NOT on his sister's list though! She was just talking to him a little bit earlier, and now she doesn't even know him???) So I have his twin brother call him and invite him over, and get a message that he's coming. I see him in the apartment, but the brother who called him over isn't there. I suddenly realised that when I looked more closely, the boy that is not listed as a member of the household is the one that was in the apartment! (They look alike from a distance, because they have matching school uniforms and short hair, but they have differnt skin colors.) So the game got their names wrong? I tried getting the mom to click on him, so she could invite him into the household, but she couldn't click on him.

I figured it must be glitching, so I logged out to check CAS. I waited forever for CAS to load the photos of the households, because the one household I was playing would NOT load. So I clicked on it without waiting for the photo, and a stranger was in there by himself. I went out and tried again, and now a different stranger was there. I moved them to unplayed houses, and back into played houses, and nothing worked. I clicked on the apartment they were living on, and they were gone, but one of my other characters was living there by herself. When I went back later (after moving them to unplayed and back to played households) one of the other households in the same building was in there. They had 2 apartments!

Finally I decided to leave the entire game, because it had to be glitch. I waited a little while and loaded the game back on. I saw the family's photo (missing the one boy) when the game loaded, but the apartment was EMPTY! I looked at CAS, and they were NOT in played households. I looked in unplayed households, and they were NOT there EITHER ! The game culled the entire family!!!

Fortunately I have them in the gallery, but all that work they did to prepare to age up is wasted.

I think I'm gonna have to lay off the Sims for a few days until they fix the bugs in today's update. I'm worried that the game might cull any household I play.

Yup I hate the phones its going to take me 10 minutes real time to navigate through that thing and still be confused. :#
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2022
    > @Babykittyjade said:
    > Practically every mod is broken. No one should be playing on a modded game without first making sure ever mod is up to date. Then it makes it more confusing for the team to find out which bugs are mod related and which are basegame...

For me I play on xbox so I do not have any mods at all and I'm still broken badly, with my sims growning up much faster then they should be. One of my sims had just grown into an elder before the update now she is about to die. I have my age off only households on, I've had no time with her as an elder.

Yes the aging bug is well known and it is currently being investigated according to gurus on Twitter. That is a basegame bug.. But I'm referring to people on various social medias reporting things as completely broken like disappearing sims, unable to load households, crashes, mixed up sim names and all kinds of other things I've seen people reporting who use mods and did not take their mods out.
    Mods are pretty much totally destroyed right now but modders are updating.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    Sigh, time to put origin in offline mode. I'm not updating yet.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Ok I'm extremely disappointed and NOT HAPPY AT ALL about the Wants/Fears after it has basically been confirmed that they may add more with future packs but sort of sounds like they have absolutely have no intention of adding any for past released DLC.

This right there, just nailed the coffin for me. I will definitely NOT be updating now, so I guess I won't be purchasing any more future packs.

I'm a whims-based player .... they took away the "whims" and replaced them with "wants" ... sounded awesome!

Except that they ONLY gave us "wants" for the Base Game (and the new High School Pack, which in order to buy the pack you have to update the game), so now we are getting even less than what we previously had.

Yeah .... no.

3uq6dXa.png
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited July 2022
    Ok I'm extremely disappointed and NOT HAPPY AT ALL about the Wants/Fears after it has basically been confirmed that they may add more with future packs but sort of sounds like they have absolutely have no intention of adding any for past released DLC.

This right there, just nailed the coffin for me. I will definitely NOT be updating now, so I guess I won't be purchasing any more future packs.

I'm a whims-based player .... they took away the "whims" and replaced them with "wants" ... sounded awesome!

Except that they ONLY gave us "wants" for the Base Game (and the new High School Pack, which in order to buy the pack you have to update the game), so now we are getting even less than what we previously had.

Yeah .... no.

[snip]

It's kind of a trend for them to release features half-baked and not consider the integration of earlier content. Seems like it's up to modders again to make this new "improvement" actually worthwhile. Modders already made whims actually good after EA abandoned them but now they decided to replace whims with this new rushed system which I'm certain is going to break those mods so... sorry, can't be bothered to download this update now. Everyone should realize this game is old. The whole "we added some base game things, ignored 8 years of other content, and will only include future stuff"... that's just... ugh, don't even know what to say.
    This in addition to all the other issues people have been bringing up. Seems like it's going to take a while (probably a long while) for me to update. Which is a shame since I'd like to have the sexual orientation and body hair features. Oh well.
    Post edited by Thrior on
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    edited July 2022
    All my sims becomes celebrities in few game hours. First I thought “cool finally pre-mades can earn fame through neighborhood stories”- but then I realized EVERYONE become famous, including my current household. And every time I load the game, they becoming more and more famous! They’ve got to fix it asap!
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,821 Member
    edited July 2022
    All my sims are global superstars ! (I hate that, hope i dont have to uninstall get famous!) But I think it only displays them as celebs, when i goto play them there is no change apparently ! Seems the list of glitches is getting longer by the minute.... btw i do have the celeb opt out option. And i have a paparazzi blocker mod. I dont use mccc and and dont know really how to update mods, i got like 800 pieces of clothing and accessories and when they dont work in my game i just delete them! Im happy that i dont auto age my sims, dodged one there... sorrey to hear about the havoc its creating! But im now hesitating about the high school years, i was looking forward to buying it tomorow .... i recently tried to implement whims, so i'll skip that idea for now, i had already got rid of the lifestyles and so on, im a pretty custom player i guess ! Anything i can opt-out of i do, im sooo lazy i just wanna play, not work!

p.s.(edit added): Oh and i dont use my phone when i walk, so having my sims cell phone walking is kind of a turn off... ya know, turn off that freakin' phone lol! Basically id like to opt out of cell phone, ingame and IRL too :wink:
    Post edited by Slacker on
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • HeronyxHeronyx Posts: 43 Member
    I hate the update and will probably no longer be playing. I find the unfulfilled wants trait unbearable. I can't even be bothered to explain. I'm just done.