Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging with 7/26/2022 patch

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    How do you not update your game.? Doesn't Origin automatically update TS4? At least that's what happens for me. I didn't think you could launch the game without updating.

You set Origin in Offline Mode.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Haha I just woke up and honestly, I had a dream about this bug!! :joy: In the dream I was playing a date with two teens/yas (I didn't recognise the sims to be any of my currents sims but I really liked them in my dream). I dressed them up for the date in CAS and took pictures of them sitting on a bench and then I somehow decided to check whether I have this bug too and yes I did have it. They had aged quite a lot and their aging bar had a red hue and I went to change the settings and wondered whether my other played sims would be okay, but I had had so much fun playing their date that I didn't want to leave without saving :sweat_smile::joy:

In reality I'm not going to open my game before this is fixed. I didn't copy my save files before I updated and my only save has a long lifespan so I'm not going to risk it more than I already did :sweat_smile:
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I've been playing with only one save for much longer than I usually do before I rotate on a next one and now I'm basically forced to continue with it, still, because I have the aging on normal lifespan and the bug doesn't happen in it.
    I kind of like it... sorry. :/
    I do want the bug to be fixed and I eventually want to play with my other saves that have aging on long lifespan, but Egglestons are so much fun to play with that I don't mind being stuck on playing them in my current active save as long as EA needs time to fix it.

@Kimmer Wait, does the bug not occur on normal lifespan then?
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I've been playing with only one save for much longer than I usually do before I rotate on a next one and now I'm basically forced to continue with it, still, because I have the aging on normal lifespan and the bug doesn't happen in it.
    I do want the bug to be fixed and I eventually want to play with my other saves that have aging on long lifespan, but Egglestons are so much fun to play with that I don't mind being stuck on playing them in my current active save as long as EA needs time to fix it.

No, at least not on my save. Everything is okay.

• FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Also having this problem, of the "nearly every sim in my game aging immediately" variety. I had not entered CAS as others have mentioned here, just hit the "resume" button and as soon as I unpaused and started playing it happened. From what I've read seems to be a problem with playing on long, with I do pretty often. Hope this is fixed soon, as it's pretty game breaking. Guess I'm taking a break from sims again, as I can't really play with this bug.
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    I usually play with aging off and haven't tried to load any of my old saves yet. I made a new mod-free save right before I updated my game and it seems to be working fine. I'll wait until they post a fix before trying any of the other ones.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I play with long life spans and no mods. Fortunately, I had previously set the game to ageing-up off and made back ups in preparation for the new HP pack. All the sims in my household are at now at the maximum age for their particularly life state. Hope a patch is available soon.
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    No life span mods, no MCCC. Everyone aged up as soon as I logged in this morning. Now I have a silly phone and my family is all wrong. =( Please hotfix soon.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    edited July 2022
    now I set normal lifespan and they're aging off it was long before but i don't see any visible changes so if my game already aged sims it would have been the YA so i maybe wouldn't notice in manage worlds elders are still around

I do have backup save but id rather not test my luck :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Welp! I wanted to take a look at those new Wants and Fears but now, as a Long lifespan player, I ain't touching my precious file! Good thing I actually figured out how to save a backup of my main file.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    edited July 2022
    I guess I'll start separate save and work on some builds to place in my main save when this aging chaos is over
    thats probably the safest route
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited July 2022
    rudolpha wrote: »
    Very glad I saved my entire save file before installing the new patch. Think I'll just replace it. Only did one day and if this bug is global for all my sims that seems the best thing to do. Hope the fix comes soon.

This is a good plan. I don't do this because I use many, many different saves (eg. I have sim surname 01, then sim nickname 01,02,03,04,05, then sim surname 02, save over sim nickname 01,02,03,04,05, sim surname 03 and so on, and when the family surname changes, it's all new saves.) I might make a copy of my saves, just in case, before I boot up the game. I do delete them up to the surname before the current one to stop there being hundreds of them!

edit - obviously not for this patch for me (sadly already updated), but going forward.

No, at least not on my save. Everything is okay.

@Kimmer thabk you:) maybe I'm OK to update then since I only play on normal
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited July 2022
    I had this issue in my save that's long lifespan, but I'm today playing a save that is and has always been short lifespan and there seem to be no issues. In case anyone wants to play anyway, then I'd recommend playing on short.
    Post edited by musteni on
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member

Wait, does the bug not occur on normal lifespan then?

According to crinrict on Answer HQ, the bug occurs if you have long lifespan in the game options selected, that includes if you have aging off and the long lifespan setting is grayed out. Sims in the world will age when you enter and exit CAS.

Setting the lifespan settings to short, medium with aging on or off seems to be fine but I would recommend taking backups of your saves.

Hopefully they will release a hotfix soon, this could ruin the saves for a lot of people who play on long lifespan and don't follow twitter or the forums.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    Adding that when I play offline - I will first open Origin to set it Offline, then I use a desktop icon to open the game, I don't start it from Origin. How the game and Origin speak is a different matter, but I think I then go straight to the local program files instead of via Origin.

The easiest way to ask how would you start your game when your internet is down? I guess this is how I do it normally.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    Is this supposed to happen right away or does it take a few simhours or so?

I'm testing my main save, and my young adults (as I'm typing this, at least) still have between 9-18 days before they age to adult stage.
    They're very fond of their cellphones, though. I'm playing on console.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
    logion wrote: »

Wait, does the bug not occur on normal lifespan then?

According to crinrict on Answer HQ, the bug occurs if you have long lifespan in the game options selected, that includes if you have aging off and the long lifespan setting is grayed out. Sims in the world will age when you enter and exit CAS.

Setting the lifespan settings to short, medium with aging on or off seems to be fine but I would recommend taking backups of your saves.

Hopefully they will release a hotfix soon, this could ruin the saves for a lot of people who play on long lifespan and don't follow twitter or the forums.

@logion thank you. Hopefully it will be fine to play on normal lifespan as usual then. I always back up my saves before updating anyway. Buuuut I'm still not sure I want to update just in case... AlthoughI really want to play HSY ASAP so if they still haven't fixed this by the time the pack releases maybe I will risk it.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I will never understand with this sort of thing why they don't utilise the game changer program for testing. Like they literally have a system for giving players early access. Make use of it? There is thousands of players who would happily playtest for free in exchange for early access. All of these bugs could've been found and fixed weeks ago if they just extended early access to testing, and it would've cost them nothing
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,371 Member
    Same thing happening here to. I really hope they fix it fast.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Is this supposed to happen right away or does it take a few simhours or so?

I'm testing my main save, and my young adults (as I'm typing this, at least) still have between 9-18 days before they age to adult stage.
    They're very fond of their cellphones, though. I'm playing on console.

As bug report enter to CAS then after exiit from CAS sims will be aged-up
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,070 Member
    edited July 2022
    I removed the previous version of MCCC just now and all my sims ages went back to their true ages again in their current life spans.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Actually forget that, i switched to another household and there were members in that household ready to age up still.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,957 Member
    edited July 2022

Could you copy the solutions and post here? I don’t have twitch and it kicks me off. Oops I mean Twitter…
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Lydz8_0Lydz8_0 Posts: 5 New Member
    Everyone is talking about aging up, has anyone had an issue with aging backwards? Updated my game n went into my house with mum n 3 daughters. Mum n daughter #1 are fine but the 2 teens have aged backwards. Teen #1 was 4 days away from y/a and now she is 11. Teen #2 was 10 and now is 17 days away. Saved game n went to their cousin's house and she has also aged backwards by a week. Mum, dad and younger child sis are fine. Not sure what happened? Anyone with insights would be helpful. I have no mods or cc, the gender bit in CAS works and so does wants n fears (tbh, they look like whims but I can't cancel them)