Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @jpajari I followed your links and checked out your thread. You take some really nice, colorful screenshots! I look forward to seeing more of your sims.

@luciusstorm I'm loving your story! Probably not going to comment on every update, but avidly reading and hitting the awesome button!

@GalacticGal Oh the loss of the cow is so sad, and yet the gain of the llama is so happy. I hope the new cow and the llama are loved by the family.

@Metior_Ice Your game is throwing a lot of random at you lately! Good luck with the child aspect. BTW, do you know if the turtle hatching event is on any kind of schedule? I seem to get notifications when I'm playing almost any household besides the one that cleaned up the island. If they have a regular schedule after a certain point I could maybe arrange my rotation so that my conservationists could attend. I just assume you're the resident expert on Sulani. :)

@GirafHuntr Thank you for the advice! I have decided to leave the little one's look as it is, but I think I will wait a few more days to introduce werewolves. It occurred to me that once the HSY patch drops I'll have to not play my main save until MCCC is update (Because I use custom lifespans) so I will then be playing another save where werewolves might just be perfect... so I'm going to play the spellcaster week before the update and the other save with werewolves added after. Then I'll come back and add werewolves to my main save once MCCC is updated.
    Also, duels sound like a fine way to spice up the relationship! Fun update.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @Daephene Do you have Seasons? The hatching event is seasonal. I think it happens in the Fall and Spring if it happens at all. I don’t usually attend the event, so I haven’t caught the exact days.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @Daephene This is from the national parks website:

β€œSea turtle eggs usually hatch between June and September”

They are surprisingly accurate to real life with the timing for sea turtles hatching. Maybe, they took into account the lunar cycle too. Sea Turtles hatch and lay eggs according to the tides and lunar cycle.

In real life, I grew up close to the ocean. And I’ve actually seen sea turtles returning to the sea at night. A lot of people don’t know this, but sea turtles use the light of the moon to guide them. People living on the coast are required to use blackout curtains during sea turtle hatching season because they will go in the wrong direction if they see the light from a house window. Even adult sea turtles are sensitive to the light from homes.

The moon plays a huge role in the ocean tides and marine life behaviors. If my memory serves me, the new moon tends to be when sea turtles lay eggs and hatch.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Game wise, I only know that the seasons play a part when the event happens.

I haven’t noticed anything with the lunar cycle.

I mean, only 2 species of sea turtles hatch during the day.

I’m actually surprised that they didn’t do more with merfolk when they updated the lunar cycle into the game considering how significant the moon is to the ocean.
  • Wholesome_GothWholesome_Goth Posts: 24 Member
    My sim slipped in a mud puddle, multiple times. Served her right for trying to toss out the prematurely "Spoiled" eggs that were waiting to be hatched. She almost slipped though the locked gate she still had access to, but that mud puddle was in the right spot allowing me time to fix the locks! πŸ˜‚
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Showing off my new legacy family's tree now before it gets huge later.

SKVfDMZ.png
  • DuckyQueenDuckyQueen Posts: 342 Member
    @SamDenny I’m surprised that all 4 generations are still alive! Are they vampires?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    @Daephene Thank you. I know Erik is over-the-moon with his new Llama friend. He's still healing. He was so very close to Magnolia. It's like losing your dog. You can get another dog, but unless that initial bond is there, while you may love them, it's just not the same. My dog, Takket, was mine from the moment I first saw him. It was mutual. He rode home on my lap and he was my true buddy up until he took his last breath. That was in September 2016. I'm still not over it. He was just shy of 15 years old.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,630 Member
    @GalacticGal, this is why I didn't get Cats & Dogs until I decided to play with aging turned off. I know me. I would be in tears if Gwen's SimCat died and not just because she's a fair copy of my own cat who recently passed. (Yeah, I know I'm ruthlessly killing off sims left and right, but not pets!)
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
    edited July 2022
    @SamDenny I’m surprised that all 4 generations are still alive! Are they vampires?

13 of them are yes(Everlyn is the first), 6 aren't(had twins today so the image doesn't reflect that). I sped through toddler/child stages because if they turn out odd when a teen I have to delete them and start over.

The light hair colored members on the far right are human + 2 not shown.

There was one death already but I reloaded the save to save them lol. Death via Murphy Bed.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,422 Member
    Great updates everyone!

@Mightysprite Lol I thought sims would have a relaxing time at the spas, maybe the wellness skills are too low. P993 Ooof Adeline got poop :o and she really loves the holiday too. LMAO Adeline prepping for next year :D:D Lol I like Devens hat :D it suits him Like Adelines new look! Hoping she does well in university!
    @GalacticGal Thank you, glad you're enjoying Colette. Her trait really makes things funny. P993 Awh I love Eriks kids sitting around playing games, reminds me of me and my siblings :) LMAO that is hilarious, Eriks stan just coming out of the cow shed :D Aw the cow is gone :( RIP least they got a new cow and a llama too :) Lol I like Erik telling his wife, the sim behind them is a mermaid, and she not believing him :D Congratulations again to Erik on his winning streak! Amazing! lol love him telling the kids to go to bed :D
    @Daephene P991 Lol Isabella tried for baby with Patchy but it passionate about magic :D You reminded me that Patchy exists, I've never gotten him to come to life yet. P992 Aw Patchys toddler looks adorable :) His eyes look good as green
    @DaniRose2143 P991 I like Shantel Bridges, she sounds cool

Colette wants to become a member of the law firms board. She worked hard and after a couple of months she moved into an apartment in San Myshuno. There she converted a room into an office space so she could work from home.Q5B6PTr.png
    She worked day and night, hoping her hard work would pay off.xRaCrYC.png After a long day at the office Colette was greeted by a sim. He introduced himself as Warner Vale. He told her he had a feeling she must be new to the firm since he's never seen her there until recently. They had a short conversation when she admitted she was and the two got along well. 9RroCuK.png The conversation went down a wrong turn when Warner revealed to be a journalist and asked her if she could anonymously give him some details regarding any important cases her firm was handling. He admitted he was hoping to get a great story to make it big. Those words made her angry. sDlx4Gs.png Colette told him she doesn't like journalists and she wasn’t going to risk her ruining her career just to help him out. meGxwo9.png Colette left, she had planned on going to the spa right after work, but with Warner behind her she decided not today. She didn’t want him to asking her questions while she’s there. After crossing the street, Warner asked her one last time. He said she could comment anonymously and no one will know. mQOMYWW.png The next day after work, she definitely went to spa. It was just like the first time, painful. NaMBplR.png She was hoping her friend from last time would’ve gotten better and done it for her, but she remembered just 2 week ago he asked her if he should pursue his dream job. She encouraged him too. Now she has to accept the consequences πŸ˜‚y68btcn.png Seriously think everyone was hurting her on purpose πŸ˜‚ c13D1dR.png Despite all the pain she was still feeling great afterwards 9DqL5Vh.png

Living in an apartment was great, Colette had everything nearby. The only thing she hated was loud neighbors. She’d usually be banging on her neighbors doors to keep quiet. She was thoughtful about her neighbors and never made any noises at night, why can't they do the same? lmAEbim.png Salim was always the culprit!(After his third offence he was evicted:))
    C4cddL1.png She liked taking a chance at haggling at the fruit and vegetable stand outside too πŸ˜… TQRQmla.png With a simple, β€œThat’s ok, I guess I can always go the other vendor a few blocks away” the vendor quickly gave in.BZfAc1C.png Back at work Colette wasn’t getting as much clients as she hoped. So she had to go out and find some. She traveled to Evergreen Harbor, she’s heard the air was polluted around there and figured there would be someone who wants to take legal action. She overheard a conversation at the local bar, β€œthis is too easy” she thought. AqdGhKm.png She managed to get a couple of new clients after introducing herself sdid4cT.png She looked around afterwards . All she could think was who thought it’d be great to set up a neighborhood around whatever this thing is supposed to be. 6IqKN71.png Back at the office, Warner was still hoping for a miracle. He noticed Mortimer Goth and Brytani Cho exiting the building. What could they possibly need an attorney for, he thought. Whatever it was, it would make for a good story. Ur9xUon.png He caught Colette just as she was going on a lunch break. He was hoping she’d change her mind and help him out 48LAwMt.png After a stern β€˜No’, he begged. RZuhxTh.png
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,422 Member
    Seeing as Warner wasn’t giving up, Colette decided to toy with him. β€œHow do you expect to get help from someone, when you don’t even know their name?” She asked him. Axgr83x.png
    β€œYour name? That’s easy, it’s uh…” Warners mind want blank. 1HCmeia.png Warner gave up and told her, she never told him. Colette told him to use his skills to find out, he should have some if he takes his job seriously. In the meantime she had lunch to get to. She thought to herself, he looks kinda cute. Too bad she doesn't like journalists. WenX2zm.png When Colette returned to the office, she found Warner waiting for her in the hallway. β€œI figured it out, it’s Colette Verglas…right? You don’t strike me as a β€˜Nina’.” Warner told her. EqvJ6Ax.png Warner quickly cut to the chase, β€œYou said you would help me if I figured it out” he said. Colette didn’t recall that part. OMUdG6H.png It’s not like that even required much effort she told him, he just had to go upstairs and look at the directory outside the firms office. FfdXavy.png He told her, that’s exactly what he did. He looked weird doing it too because clients entering the office just stared at him. 0xp69Pa.png Colette cut him off, she never said she’d help. She’s not looking to get herself in problems. vwroefd.png Warner accepted defeat and walked away. Arriving back home Colette was relieved the weekend finally arrived. IzRxHfw.png As for Warner, he wasn’t giving up. CleFgHG.png

Colette spent her evening in the open area outside her apartment. Sims were playing the guitar and creating some art. JEdx8wC.png
    She didn’t notice someone was near by her until they started waving at her. QpJAvt6.png β€œJust when are you going to accept No as an answer?” she asked, she was getting tired of the same conversation with him. bARtnIH.png Warner explained he was just passing through the neighborhood and saw her. He swore he wasn’t just wanted to say hi. z0iGkVD.png Colette just didn’t trust him.Fw8yWj1.png Warner quickly changed the conversation and asked if she’s seen a new tv show, it has a lot of action. bItCErT.png She didn’t seem interested so he asked if she’s here, does that mean she lives nearby. wBAc9I3.png The last thing she’d want is for him to know where she lives. She told him no, she was hoping he’d notice the tone she said it and would end the conversation. CvWSiFd.png He understood it. DdcbbFH.png She pretended to stop by the food stand to buy some things. She asked the vendor if he was still standing there 5sUl2c4.png When they told her yes, she ordered a snack to take home with her to waste some time. lYYoqlx.png She was relieved when she turned around and saw he was leaving. Even if Warner did mean well this time, he started off on the wrong foot. PkGG6h6.png
    @BlueSeaWaves Stalker, much? This Werner is either awkward or evil. LOL

Thank you for the shout out about Erik. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    @DaniRose2143 P991 I like Shantel Bridges, she sounds cool

Thank you very much. I think she's going to a great addition to the cast.

And speaking of the cast of UTTS, there are two new additions, Lewis and Ebony Huntley! Yes, Londyn's parents are here. I couldn't resist adding them, and I had been kicking myself for not having parents for all the cast. Bringing in Londyn's parents at this point is easy even though the backstory involves a painful subject that is all too real. Since Londyn's backstory was she had known since she was a teenager that she was a lesbian, mom and dad disapproved and shunned her. They see the error of their ways and are ready to mend fences and support their daughter unconditionally. Here they are Lewis and Ebony...

Normally this would be where I say: "It's obvious where Londyn gets her looks". Except we're in that weird Sims twilight zone where mom gets her looks from her child. <theme music from the twilight zone here>
    XY2t33Z.png?1Ob1YmO9.png?1

Dad got his looks from his daughter too...until I hit the randomize button a few times until I got a sim I liked to work with.😁
    j7ZBqSe.png?1qDUcPgL.png?1

TK7XMjN.png
    Not much has happened in my game, I am in the midst of moving my sims lot to another bigger lot so they have room to expand slightly. Before I move the family to the new lot, what was once originally Cordelia's Seacret Cottage is now called Norah's Cottage. It is taking me a little longer to mess with the terrain paint than I thought it would. Trying to add a pathway without the use of flooring. But the natural flow of the path just isn't right and I keep erasing it. πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Eventually when I move the family over I will replace Cordelia's Secret Cottage with a fresh copy of the original lot.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    edited July 2022
    I just finished making a teen household based on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Addams Family & The Munsters. :) The 3 teen sims are Buffy Slayer, Wednesday Addams & Marilyn Munster. I made them cousins & saved them in the Gallery as Addams, Munster & Slayer under my username SEREFRAS if simmer loves a little bit of weirdness to their sims play. :D:p;)
  • misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    This have to be the most crazy's thing that happen when my sims went out on a date, in my game I created my own version of Dirk and his father from sims 2.

This is Dirk Dreamer and his date Tammy on their first date at the lounge, before they could even get upstairs two sims approach them, this sad sim walked up to my sim Tammy and started talking to her telling her some sad story, Tammy and Dirk don't know him or the bartender who came from behind the bar and walked downstairs to hear the sad story he was trying to tell Tammy

07-25-22_7-49-32_PM.png

Dirk face say it all also because his looking puzzled by the bartender coming downstairs to hear the sad story because him and Tammy don't know her also.

07-25-22_7-50-02_PM.png

Finally, both of my sims were able to enjoy their date without all the crazy stuff that started in the beginning

07-25-22_8-17-45_PM.png

Annabel was another female sim that had a crush on Dirk in my game, she showed up at the Lounge in the middle of his date and sat across from Dirk and his date, when I had Dirk and Tammy go downstairs away from the crazy stuff in the lounge, she came outside looking sad looking at him on his date with Tammy.

07-25-22_8-12-00_PM.png

Dirk and Annabel never had a romance bar, she a cook from the college kitchen and while he and his dad would be study, they would talk to her, and she was invited to a few of the dorm's parties and like his other friends she would come over to his house and hang out with him and dad.

I feel dirk moved on because there was nothing happening between him and Lilith anymore, her conversation with him is very little. (Also, this is not the sims 2 so their relationship is never going to be the same unless players force it.)
    lilith.png

Also, Lilith have a crush on another one of my sims in my game who is nothing like Dirk and she became really upset when he was talking to someone else at the dorm, just a conversation with this sim and nothing else, she returns back to the dorm unhappy about it.

07-13-22_10-07-36_PM.png
    07-13-22_9-35-20_PM.png

new.png
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited July 2022
    Amidst the excitement of Update Day, the Wyrd Girls go on...

Chapter 40 - Pain and Choice

After a difficult and painful journey, the teens had arrived.
    LwCDF9i.png

Chapter 41 - To Stand the Watch

The following day seemed a little brighter. Beth and Jake had howled out their grief and Miranda's emotional storm was calmed. Also, there was french toast in the kitchen.

"When do your moms sleep?" Beth wondered.

"I don't think they do, unless they want to," Miranda admitted. "When I was little, I didn't even know that was strange."
    x9Vcnuo.png

I have at least one more Chapter in draft, which I may post later today or tomorrow. Given my mods, I'm not sure when I'll be able to play more. Might depend on how long it takes the fallout from the update to clear. We shall see.

Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
    Wedding. It was a mess because one of my family members has lvl3 fame.

Anyway, gonna introduce some of them.
    Vincent
    GcmcuJz.png
    Ben
    knpgL79.png
    Paddra and Emilia
    ToInLJ3.png
    Laura and Everlyn. Laura was the officiant and Everlyn was the Sim of Honor(since she's Camilla's mother)
    KPKWgsw.png
    Other members and Brenda's(black hair with pony tail) paparazzi slowly coming in to ruin everything. Current sim is Camilla(under the plumbob)
    nQbG2Gz.png
    Camilla and her wife decide to enjoy the rest of the ceremony by hanging with their kids, while all the havoc is occurring at the alter.
    Top left: Camilla II
    Middle left: James
    Bottom left: Geneva
    Middle right: Fey
    2ayV5fZ.png

I will renew their vows next summer(sim days) but it's just gonna be the immediate family going lol.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    Another night and two more sims for Under The Tartosan Sun. Tonight its Danielle's parents, Blake and Jennifer Chabert. Jennifer is an accomplished painter, and she had such high hopes that Danielle would follow in her brush strokes. Danielle, chose a different artistic path. That led to some minor tension between her and her parents over the direction she chose, mom in particular. It's not that mom and dad have anything against novelists, it's that they aren't entirely happy with Danielle's choice to write romance novels. Blake and Jennifer support their daughter, but they can't help themselves. They keep asking her if she's ready to write something respectable, and by the way, when is she moving closer to home? They mean well, but Danielle hadn't been phoning home for a while because she wasn't in the mood to listen to mom's nagging. As things got more serious with Londyn, she did let mom and dad know that they were dating. Now that a wedding is being planned mom, and dad, are making their way to Tartosa to see their baby and her fiancee. Mom isn't taking no for an answer as far as coming to visit. Can she bite her tongue about the romance novels though? Time will tell.
    iByZBox.png?1k6ebUIN.png?1
    o2gFesP.png?1d1Hcm5S.png?1
    XszGgjm.png
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'm enjoying some aspects of the update, but I really wish they'd pick better selfie poses because the defaults all stink. They're just plain dumb to me. I really wish they'd quit cycling through the same batch of poses.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    Not much happening in my game today. 😭
    I've been hit by the terrain paint issue (I have been told that it is an older, already known issue) as well as the aging up bug. πŸ˜“
    Now not sure what to do...I'm torn between starting a new fresh save, as the current save was ready showing signs it's getting old even only being a little over a month. Or not playing the game until there is a fix. πŸ™†πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    vRI0eLf.jpg

A few weeks ago I began a save where Morgan Fyres was a teenage runaway. She began with literally nothing, digging minerals and fishing for food from the start. Once her needs sank, though, she wasn't able to do that anymore, and she spent most of her time trying to fulfill her needs at different lots. The best ones were the gym, the tavern in Henford on Bagley, and one of her friend's houses. Said friend would go to work and not bother her for sleeping or showering. :) Morgan was able to poach drinks and food in the tavern, and was working on getting odd jobs when she got lucky. One of her friends invited her to the Jokers versus Pranksters event, and with the loot from winning ($500, plus a microphone and fireworks to be sold) she was able to buy a tent and finally start making a little progress. Being able to spend more time fishing meant that she was bringing in loot from the river ($2000 just from voodoo dolls), and soon she was able to build a little cabin.

KErWFiq.jpg
    Morgan has a house!

Enter....the second part of this story, which I'm afraid to say does not have a happy ending. Her friend Allison, who had the house she occasionally slept in, is a lovely French woman who works as a cook but is more focused on nurturing The Good Life for her and her friends. She frequently hosts brunches and evening dance parties, and she often has people living in her home temporarily because they needed a place to stay. Such was the case with Luna Villareal, and Allison decided -- since Luna and Morgan were both teens -- why don't they try living together? With Luna matching Morgan's funds, the cabin expanded, and it looked downright comfortable.

When Morgan was celebrating the cabin, she invited all of her friends over one Christmas day. Unfortunately, it was rather cold out, and Mortimer Goth froze to death. His ghost has been hanging around, and one evening Cassandra Goth happened to notice him. She asked Morgan and Luna if she could join them, provided she brought a couple of thousand into the house with her. They were agreeable. Then something...odd happened. Despite the fact that they were inside, and with a heater, all three girls simultaneously froze over.

XfUPhSm.jpg

Fortunately I'd moved in Mortimer-as-ghost by this point, and he was able to save Cassandra and Morgan, but not Luna. But then Morgan died again, and after a day or so Cassandra died again! Mortimer vowed to find a way to defeat death (although he also has a crush on Death, so it's a bit of a love-hate thing), and he and Cassandra have floated off to a so-called vampiric hollow to see if answers can be found there. Meanwhile, ghost-Luna and ghost-Morgan are simultaneously complaining about freezing to death and the sweltering heat.

Gc7zZ8p.jpg
    Morgan happily sings "Jingle Bells" while everyone else bawls their eyes out.

CN2mHrZ.jpg
    The ghosts keep threatening to be frozen to death.

My current plan is for Cassandra to see if she can become a spellcaster despite being a ghost, and then master the skills to bring everyone back to life. Mortimer will have to find another wife, though, since Bella called him and asked if he thought it was a good idea if she went on a date with Catarina Lynx. Not cool, Bella. :D

ChQSjD3.jpg
    What am I supposed to do with this, Mortimer? Turn you into a serial killer so you can date Grim? You think you're Jim Pickens all of a sudden?
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Lots of body hair applying & customizing sexual orientations of previously created sims. Still much more to go.
  • misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    edited July 2022
    Wedding planning and trying to keep the peace between father and son, at this point I know Dirk Dreamer's father have to move out into his own house, I already have a house ready for his father to move into once Dirk and his new wife return from their honeymoon.

07-26-22_11-32-16_PM.png

07-26-22_11-33-40_PM.png

I believe his drained with his father always being around maybe, something happened between them while Dirk wife was at work that make him feel hurt when his father is around him and now that hurt is causing him to become very upset when his father is around.

07-26-22_11-33-54_PM.png

new.png
    edited July 2022
    Not much happening in my game today. 😭
    I've been hit by the terrain paint issue (I have been told that it is an older, already known issue) as well as the aging up bug. πŸ˜“
    Now not sure what to do...I'm torn between starting a new fresh save, as the current save was ready showing signs it's getting old even only being a little over a month. Or not playing the game until there is a fix. πŸ™†πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Upload your family to your My Library on the Gallery. And start a new save. If they have items you wish to keep, place them into the lot and upload the lot, needless to say, do this first after you empty your Sims personal Inventories into the lot. Also move anything from the family inventory into the lot. It's a bit of work, but it can save you a heartache, later. You should be able to download it, stuff and all into the new save. Best of luck. I've lost many a save from Patches and this one was massive. I feel your pain.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top