Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this new?

Just noticed this new trait on my Sim, the “Fear or Dead-end Job” trait. Is this new? I can’t seem to find any other information on it. Many thanks :)

Comments

• bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Just noticed this new trait on my Sim, the “Fear or Dead-end Job” trait. Is this new? I can’t seem to find any other information on it. Many thanks :)

Sounds cool. Is this real?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
  • Garfieldwxg55Garfieldwxg55 Posts: 76 Member
    Hmm interesting, cool, so how do I get rid of the fear? Do I have to change my Sims job? Because I have a gamer Sim who can make a lot of money live-streaming and I’d like to keep him
  • KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    I imagine if they are doing something they like, then their fear won't come true! But if I remember correctly, the way to get rid of fears is to either overcome them OR to even discuss the fear with someone else.
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    If you look at the whims in the left panel above your sim it'll say you have to fufill a want then discuss fears with another sim. I sadly can't find that chat option for my sim. I can confirm from a different fear I cleared up on another sim that it'll resolve after discussing the fears a few times. Honestly, I enjoyed completing whims before but with no way to clear the job fear on my single family sim, I might just turn off the wants and fears in the gameplay options. :/
  • WanevWanev Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Garfieldwxg55 said:
    > Hmm interesting, cool, so how do I get rid of the fear? Do I have to change my Sims job? Because I have a gamer Sim who can make a lot of money live-streaming and I’d like to keep him

You have to click on the sim and select "regain passion." If successful, the fear will be gone the next time your sim goes to work. Unfortunately, this fear seems to come back quite regularly. I am unsure if there is a way to permanently conquer this fear... but there really should be a way if there isn't one already.
  • NykiahhobleyNykiahhobley Posts: 6 New Member
    Pretty cool!
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member
    While playing the game use the escape key on your keyboard, click lessons, then wants or fears. It'll give more information on them.
  • Hails123Hails123 Posts: 2 New Member
    I love the sims but sort of hate this new fear option. Esp when the Sims I've been playing all of a sudden have these fears. We should at least get to remove it if we want like all other likes and dislikes. It always comes back even after I regain passion, so every other day my sim is depressed...It would be cool if maybe switching to their 'dream job' would permanently fix it. But this feature is just annoying to me. The game doesn't need to be THAT realistic, like if we get the option to send sims to therapy or something next, I'll be done playing lmao.
  • Hails123Hails123 Posts: 2 New Member
    Also I felt like I should add that at least for me, the fear be gone potions have yet to actually work. At all.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    That's odd. It works for me.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Hails123 wrote: »
    I love the sims but sort of hate this new fear option. Esp when the Sims I've been playing all of a sudden have these fears. We should at least get to remove it if we want like all other likes and dislikes. It always comes back even after I regain passion, so every other day my sim is depressed...It would be cool if maybe switching to their 'dream job' would permanently fix it. But this feature is just annoying to me. The game doesn't need to be THAT realistic, like if we get the option to send sims to therapy or something next, I'll be done playing lmao.

It seems like that fear would make sense if your Sim were below level five or six and it had been a Sim week or two since they were last promoted. Even so, regaining passion should fix it for as long as they remain at that level. After all, not everyone wants to be at the top of their career.