Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family orientated 100 baby challenge

Comments

• Dinkus83Dinkus83 Posts: 127 Member
    The Archers - Finishing up Week 23 with lots of birthdays!

First, Breana is ready to age up to toddler. That hair, I'm gonna have to start changing it lol.
    yG2cmeh.jpg
    Alison tells Zaria all about her favorite animal. Is that a fire ant? Really?? Those things are evil.
    HOkiuwy.jpg

Eva has some big news, and it's not about the lottery.
    c5GONjh.jpg

Zaria comes home from school ready for some cake! Yahya happened to come back for a visit at just the right time.
    nsdUxTR.jpg
    KOqoLbQ.jpg

Yahya does make himself useful by playing with Breana, while the other girls do homework. I guess he earned that cake.
    uSB7C4U.jpg

The family finally finished their scenario! I only used it cuz it's an easy way to start at 0, but it's been bugging out holidays and annoying me, so they have been money making fools the last couple weeks. :D
    4kCPN03.jpg

Friday, Zaria is ready for more cake!
    wR4J2Ku.jpg

And she moves into the new house with Xolani.
    eGPtmJR.jpg

It's go time for baby #30, but Dean is rocking too hard and doesn't even notice.
    7Chk9Ux.jpg

Welcome baby Cannon! I have never seen that as a random name before, but it's great. Cannon Archer, hehe
    oglsbqm.jpg

Breana is also ready for cake when they get back from the hospital!
    XmRCbRO.jpg
    wCp4JKC.jpg

The girls head off to a non frozen place, where Breana tries to make some new friends.
    gnQzUx7.jpg

One of them was evil, so she joined her sister fishing instead.
    fr6hoQV.jpg

The family now - up to baby #30!
    zDMNSO6.jpg

The grown kids:
    1. Aliyah - Self-Assured, Outgoing, Jealous. Party Animal
    2. Brynnlee - Good, Geek, Erratic. Computer Whiz
    3. Cecilia - Art Lover, Clumsy, Goofball. Musical Genius
    4. Dane - Genius, Cheerful, Active. Nerd Brain
    5. Ellie - Glutton, Erratic, Clumsy. Master Chef
    6. Forrest - Dog Lover, Lazy, Art Lover. Friend of the Animals
    7. Gideon - Active, Neat, Art Lover. Bodybuilder
    8. Hayden - Vegetarian, Self-Assured, Noncommittal. Friend of the World
    9. Hudson - Geek, Goofball, Materialistic. Joke Star
    10. Isaac - Loves Outdoors, Gloomy, Perfectionist. The Curator
    11. Jordan - Perfectionist, Loner, Romantic. Bestselling Author
    12. Keira - Slob, Goofball, Romantic. Fabulously Filthy
    13. Lizbeth - Glutton, Vegetarian, Cat Lover. Freelance Botanist
    14. Maci - Dog Lover, Active, Vegetarian. Friend of the Animals
    15. Nathaniel - Mean, Hot-Headed, Animal Enthusiast. Public Enemy
    16. Orlando - Creative, Art Lover, Bro. Painter Extraordinaire
    17. Penelope - Creative, Goofball, Family-Oriented. Musical Genius
    18. Quintin - Bookworm, Bro, Music Lover. Nerd Brain
    19. Ramiro - Hot-Headed, Self-Assured, Bookworm. Friend of the World
    20. Stefan - Glutton, Self-Assured, Good. Bodybuilder
    21. Timothy - Good, Bookworm, High Maintenance. Renaissance Sim
    22. Ullal - Creative, Neat, Good. Lord of the Knits
    23. Valerie - Creative, Art Lover, Kleptomaniac. Painter Extraordinaire
    24. Wyatt - Erratic, Child of the Ocean, Mean. Beach Life
    25. Xolani - Geek, Foodie, Child of the Ocean. Master Mixologist
    26. Yahya - Geek, Art Lover, Noncommittal. Computer Whiz
    27. Zaria - Gloomy, Bookworm, Good. Nerd Brain
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @Dinkus83 so glad you got to play your Stray game. My daughter and I had a look at the trailer and then she checked her Xbox and it’s not for Xbox, she was a little disappointed. Yeah I have my seasons on the longest period available. Hahaha everyone in your game aged up with that hair LOL. Perhaps she is talking about a prank with red fire ants :o Congratulations on the pregnancy Eva, although I think lotto news would have been good too LOL. Aaaah the infamous cake that lures older siblings back to the house ;) Wooop wooop congrats on completing the scenario :) Perhaps Dean is becoming more relaxed with the labours now :D Awww welcome baby Cannon <3 AweSim update

@all so much simming time. Hubby is working nightshift, so he sleeps all day and works all night, so I sim all day and sim half the night LOL
    edited July 2022
    The Atkins family as they are now <3
    fNevnFT.png
    Cathryn moved out (I gave her a warmer outfit before leaving her house)
    5tpLv7E.png

Daniel is a teen
    fS8y8yW.png

Eric is a child
    lZ3N0eR.png

Freddy is a toddler
    RkkPG6W.png

Introducing baby number 60
    Ginny Atkins (oh noes another girl, I am running out of girl outfits, I will either have to repeat ones or get to the drawing board and make more)
    04Y2w2Z.png
    tkVrz8q.png
    Post edited by mcrudd on
    edited July 2022
    Oh gosh I am so sorry, only realized now that I forgot to use spoiler tags in my previous posts, fixed it now ;) I have literally played sims all day and now night, so have another update.

lrqBRM6.png
    Daniel moved out
    gls3Gld.png

Eric is a teen
    gujIS0q.png

Freddy is a child
    b8jEsJc.png

Ginny is a toddler
    vVAVDMg.png

Introducing baby number 61
    Hugo Atkins (back to little boys)
    Ri3mnHC.png
    DoXaitr.png
    @mcrudd Aww, yeah it’s PlayStation console exclusive for a bit :'( Probably just 6 months or a year, I’m not sure though. I believe it is on PC though, if she wanted to play it right now. Congrats on Cathryn moving out. Welcome baby Ginny! I figured you’d have plenty of baby outfits after your last 100 baby lol. Congrats on Daniel out of the house, he looks a lot like his dad. Ginny is a cutie. Welcome baby Hugo!
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Everyone's had good updates!

Again, no new babies, but new post about the babies I've already mentioned in this thread.

Chapter 4 - Jealous
    Dinkus83 wrote: »
    @mcrudd Aww, yeah it’s PlayStation console exclusive for a bit :'( Probably just 6 months or a year, I’m not sure though. I believe it is on PC though, if she wanted to play it right now. Congrats on Cathryn moving out. Welcome baby Ginny! I figured you’d have plenty of baby outfits after your last 100 baby lol. Congrats on Daniel out of the house, he looks a lot like his dad. Ginny is a cutie. Welcome baby Hugo!

Aww she can wait a little. She is playing something called Unpacking now, enjoying it so much. Also waterblast simulator or something of the sorts, makes me motion sick watching her play it LOL. I did not select all the Christmas ones, and there is a few of them LOL so running low on girls outfits.
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Everyone's had good updates!

Again, no new babies, but new post about the babies I've already mentioned in this thread.

Chapter 4 - Jealous

Will read that soon, just taking a super deep breath before I load my game after the update to see what broke of my cc and mods I made. Will update all my threads about it.

@all my sim had twins last night, I did take pics of all the up aging, will post it soon, just need to test all my cc and mods and let the people that use them in game know it they are still working or not ;) Also a little terrified to load my baby challenge game while this aging problem is current, lets see if we get a hotfix first ;)
    I am so relieved, none of my cc or mods broke with today's update ;) I am still too scared to load up my game though, especially with this aging issue going around, I did however play until late last night so have an update until we can use our games again :)

B8hYmP8.png
    Eric moved out
    xFwzEsv.png

Freddy is a teen
    8KhFRkb.png

Ginny is a child
    cOsD5gS.png

Hugo is a toddler
    e4Ir9pp.png

Introducing babies number 62 andn 63
    Ivan and Izaya Atkins
    fHM8eRA.png
    EfWn54g.png
    Happy birthday to Jaejoong. Love the pic of SM and Yoochun playing dolls <3 I think the tv premiere holiday is one of the easiest to complete, and fun too ;) Welcome little baby Junsu. Oh my gosh U-Know what are you doing !!! rather stick to salads for a bit ;) Happy birthday Yoochun. AweSim update @Seera1024 :)
    @Seera1024 Congrats on the age ups and welcome baby Junsu! (I know all this happened before, but now it's more official or something lol.) Can't let teens play with fire, they can't be trusted ;)

@mcrudd I've looked at Unpacking a few times, but haven't tried it yet. Looks fun :) Congrats on Eric moving to the frozen wasteland aka Newcrest. Looks like someone left some fruitcake on the sidewalk for him :D Congrats on all the other age ups and welcome more twins!! Ivan and Izaya are cuties.

@all, I also played a bit last night, but just a couple days worth; not enough to bother posting about lol. And, I am also terrified to load any of my saves after reading about the aging issues. I've been thinking about starting a name game challenge, so I think that's what I'll play around with the next couple days. Consoles usually take longer to get patched than PC, so no hope for a quick fix here. From what I've seen, saves that start and stay with normal aging aren't affected though. I think I'm going to use Xolani from this challenge, cuz she's cute and has a good name to start with I think, and see how it goes. If I stick with it, I'll make another post in the forums here somewhere. And I'll be back to this once I'm sure everyone is safe :)
    @Dinkus83 She finished unpacking. She was very surprised with the twist while unpacking the last two years LOL. Newcrest is genuinely not a nice place to live weather-wise LOL. I am also not going to load my game until we know what is going on with the aging bug. I started a new game just to see the new stuff, don't think I will use the sexual orientation much, I am surprised that there is not many body hair choices, but I guess we will get more with the new pack in two days ;) Lets hope that consoles and pc will get the update fix the same time, its only fair <3 You should tell us more about this name game challenge, I have never heard of one. Anyways back to my savegame until we can play our real games again, happy simming :)
    @mcrudd From what someone in a discord for another forum said that it's affecting those who play on Long. So given that this challenge is played with aging off, this save should be fine. It's just those that had been saved while set to Long that are having an issue.

And aging off is the workaround for the glitch anyway.
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    @mcrudd From what someone in a discord for another forum said that it's affecting those who play on Long. So given that this challenge is played with aging off, this save should be fine. It's just those that had been saved while set to Long that are having an issue.

And aging off is the workaround for the glitch anyway.

Mmmm I might give it a try tomorrow morning then, just not tonight. I need to catch up on my shows, can't do nothing while hubby is sleeping during the day. I have saved my saves folder so if it goes pear shapes I will just replace it and wait for the fix :)
    “Disabled aging will work as long as the greyed out option doesn't say Long. If it says long, it will add the days even if disabled.”
    From https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Long-Life-Span-Sims-have-days-added-on-entering-live-mode/m-p/11667560#M220944

That’s my problem with it, cuz I had turned aging on for a few days a couple times when I noticed neighborhood houses full of perpetual babies. I felt bad for them. I’m pretty sure mine was long, so I’m just not going to chance it until there’s a fix. There are a few other wonky aging things in that thread too, but that one is my concern.

@mcrudd
    The name game challenge, I saw a few times on this forum while I was scrolling around when I was locked up with Covid. https://www.boolprop.net/viewtopic.php?t=2431 is where I kept seeing rules linked, so I believe that’s the right one to credit. Basically, you have babies using the letters in the founder’s name, and keep doing that through the generations until you’ve gotten all letters of the alphabet. So, Xolani will have to have 6 pregnancies, one for each letter in her name.
    edited July 2022
    I just went into my game, I loaded it to the world screen and not directly into the house, then went into game options, I had it on no aging long, so I activated aging then changed it to normal and then back to no aging. I am also going to deactivate the fears for this challenge. Wish me luck, I did save my whole ea folder to my desktop just in case things go pear shaped :O
    Post edited by mcrudd on
    I played my game with no issues :) Yay ;)
    608GKWP.png
    Freddy moved out, he was not happy, the first one in a new house by himself
    tqzLhUh.png

Ginny is a teen
    u6j28YQ.png

Hugo is a child
    S66w02Z.png

Izaya (yellow) and Ivan (brown) are toddlers
    H2UhpPs.png

Introducing baby number 64
    Jasmine Atkins
    pPFP4nH.png
    Qr7N6Yc.png
    So I am still exploring the new pack. I was thinking how this challenge is going to work with the new pack, I decided to sent my teens to the rabbithole school, just hope it still works as it did before. Will see once I get back to the challenge, for now I am heading in game to see the actual game play of the new pack, only explored cas and build mode so far ;)
    @mcrudd I can't imagine that rabbithole school would no longer work. There's too many other things that would draw attention to the home lot that would make forcing high school to be a non-rabbithole to be problematic. Such as the other active careers. I'd say since the goal of this challenge is to not get players bogged down with things for their kids to do before they are able to age up, that the teen years get left at the A grade for when they can get aged up. And leave it up to individual players if they want to make things harder for themselves - like I do with the toddler skills.

Everyone's had great updates!

And I come bearing the last blogged update of what I've already shared in game, which gets my blog caught up to my game play.
    Chapter 5 - Truth
  • SignofhatredlolSignofhatredlol Posts: 44 Member
    @mcrudd Welcome baby Freddy! Welcome baby Ginny! Eric has that mischievous look on his face HAHA. Welcome baby Hugo! Wow, twins again! A warm welcome to them! Everyone’s growing up nice and lovely! Welcome baby Jasmine!

By the way, how do you age them all up at one go? I age them one by one as they might not be a ready at the same time.

@Dinkus83 A warm welcome to baby Cannon, and all those aging ups!
    @mcrudd Glad your game is working ok! They said on twitter they hoped to patch sometime next week, so I'll probably just stick with my name game save until then. Congrats on Freddy moving out; he won't be alone for long ;) Congrats on the other age ups too! The twins are cute toddlers. Welcome baby Jasmine! Have fun with your new pack! I assume rabbithole high school should still work the same, but I have no idea lol.

@Seera1024 Congrats on another teen in the house! Welcome baby Max! House full of boys now ;) Congrats on Junsu's age ups, got a blonde in the house now. Max is adorable ;) Now you're caught up it's time for more babies lol. Great update!
    @Seera1024 Happy birthday Jaejoong. U-Know is a very good looking teen. It goes so much quicker if the whole family jumps in and helps with the school projects, I sometimes even fit a few more in, the more you do, the more you gain to get the A quicker ;) Welcome baby Max. Junsu is such a cute little toddler. Aww little Max does indeed look Angelic <3 You are not a bad simmer, I forget to take pics all the times too. I hope the rabbithole will still work the same, will test it today, I have been playing a teen without the rabibithole and her grades is still a C two weeks into her schooling and she has full progress its just not changing :( Also they used to age up with a B because they got an A as a child, and now they start with a C. Will see after today what I will decided with teens in the future of our challenge.

@Signofhatredlol I wait for everyone to achieve their A’s so even if for instance the toddler gets the skills done I will still wait for the child to get an A, once everyone is done, then I age them up one at a time starting with the baby, toddler, child, and lastly the teen that moves out. After the teen moved out as a young adult, then I go into manage world and redress everyone that aged up, load up the game and take photo’s as I start working on all their new goals ;)

@Dinkus83 I was very relieved it worked, but also have not yet touched it again due to the teen grades that changed. I am hoping it will still work as before although by default teens start with a C grade now I think. Will give it a go soon.

@all I am going to jump in the deep side and see what happens with our challenge and teens and rabbithole options, will let you guys know soon, I am not too sure if grades will go up with aging off, since I have been playing a teen for two sim weeks now and although her progression is ticked since day 2 of school her grades has not changed at all and it started as a C :o Well lets just see what happens, jumping in game now ;)
    I loaded my game. Its Sunday and everyone except the little baby is asleep. My teen is a B grade and she has full progression, so old game wise she should get an A Monday after school, we will see what happens next, otherwise the big test will be with Hugo when he ages up to Teen. I hope it still works ;)

PSRX16P.png
    ok, so I have sort of good news. Ginny came home with an A. Hugo still has a B so will have to wait one more day for aging ups to see what happens with a teen from aging up stage and rabbithole schooling. But so far so good ;)
    Mmm just realized something as well. I need to move home if I said every tenth baby will be born in a new place LOL, so that will happen as well. My sims are packing and ready to go, they will all age up in the new place. At least I will have nice furniture for teens now ;)
    Hi simmers <3 Its looking good for our challenge. When I aged up Ginny she got the message in the pic below ;)
    qyibUea.png

and when I aged up Hugo, he did still start with a B as his grade as you can see in this pic
    DyyGnhL.png

as you can see I did disabled the message to follow, so that things feel as normal as before the Highschool pack. I will see once Hugo gets home from school if he has an A, I had him do two projects with the help of the family and he is working hard at school. I will post pics soon, just waiting for Ann to give birth :)