This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Patch Is Now Available! (Update From The Sims 7/29)

Comments

• Options
    Foo_pansFoo_pans Posts: 1 New Member
    > @doggiecupcake said:
    > I'm having an issue where it keeps kicking me back into the worlds screen every time I click on a world and try to move in. Anyone else having this issue?

I had it. It was one of my Littlemssam mods that did it. Not sure which one. But once I removed the folder with herods it let me play.
  • Options
    Riever49Riever49 Posts: 1 New Member
    It has destroyed all my CC. As far as I am concerned the game is so bland without CC that it is unplayable. Now none of my CC is working - about 10,000 items.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,438 Member
    haisin wrote: »

OMG! THAT alone is enough to make me want to update!

I didn't really care about wants/fears because, well this is TS4, and I've learned over the years that anything they implement is NOTHING like I was hoping it would be like, you know, as in similar to past iterations. I already figured it would annoy me more than immerse me and I'd be looking for mods to adjust it. So that wasn't a reason to update yet.

Gender preferences are definitely something I will use on my played sims, but I didn't feel the need to update yet for that.

Curved walls, well I'm not a great builder, I struggle enough with the darn platforms, so I figured those would just make me want to pull my hair out if I messed with them, so again, not something I needed in my game right now.

Body Hair is for sure something I've been wanting, but I'll only bother putting it on my played sims and I'll do that as I need it. I do think the shaving aspect of it from the High School pack might be fun, and hopefully it won't be over the top an needing it done more than every few days. (Although I DO know some RL hairy beasts that need to shave every day otherwise they look like a wooly bully! LOL).

But the picnic on the ground is amazing and something I've wanted since Cottage Living! So, this news has made me super excited!
  • Options
    RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 165 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    My adult Sims all seem to be cell phone addicts after the update. Everyone walks around with staring at their phones and clicking the buttons. My Sim stopped tending her garden and canceled everything just to use her phone. It may become annoying at some point, but now it was just funny.

Yes - I have the same thing and I REALLY don't love it! Right away when I played after updating, I changed the phone colors/cases for all the sims in one of my households and every time I traveled back home with them, they were all compelled to "change phone color" immediately by themselves, which just took up time and didn't accomplish anything.

My camera was also instantly pulled across the neighborhood more than once to apparently watch a random played sim (from another household) autonomously play with their phone (though those sims' phone colors had not yet been changed) for no particular reason that I could see. They were nowhere near the active lot, either, like a visitor I should care about. This camera pull was just like when a sim dies, instantly zooming there out of my control with no warning at all.

The sims also put the phone right up high in front of their faces and walk like that, while super exaggeratedly playing with their phone, twice as much or more often than they used to, whether walking down the hall or outside. I REALLY don't like any of these new phone gameplay interactions, though I don't mind being able to actually change the phone color for our immersion benefit. It could go back to how it was.

Also, on the new phone's app squares, why is "Home" a picture of a hammer? I associate hammers in this game with work, like the laborer career. Why isn't the Home icon a house, like it used to be?? I can handle a mild learning curve, but this change makes no sense.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,851 Member
    Issue repeat I'm using an older new save, barely used and the bug everyone hated is back, going into cas rapidly ages sims, anyone else see it?
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,708 Member
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,254 Member
    Thanks to all the peeps who posted about this issue. I am going to hold off updating until I hear further as I don't want this happening in my game.

I did update but haven't played as the tech showed up and took my pc away. LOL Perfect timing. Hopefully he can make it all new again for me.
    Or at least tighten up a wrinkle or two.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    @SimplyJen I am not sure I understand. Because I do not open my game. I simple take the mods and CC files out.
    My only suggestion is to make sure the CC isn't broken when you put it back in your game. Enable Custom Content and Mods via game options. Restart the game and check your sims for CC. If it's not appearing then it could be broken. Avoid saving once you've opened a save that contains CC if mods & CC are turned off.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,936 Member
    I LOVE the new phone icons!

This is the most excited I've been about the release of a patch and an Expansion pack since I started playing Sims 4.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,976 Member
    edited July 2022
    Oh my gosh I thought the last patch was a modpocalypse. This..... this is total MOD DESTRUCTION 😭😭😭😭😭 obliteration...
    Complete annihilation.
    Apart from that I love the new phones lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,976 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Finally!!!! I so can't wait to do this! 🥺🥺🥺
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Oh my gosh I thought the last patch was a modpocalypse. This..... this is total MOD DESTRUCTION 😭😭😭😭😭 obliteration...
    Complete annihilation.
    Apart from that I love the new phones lol

Makes me happy that I took mods out of my game like 7 patches ago. This game updates way too much for me to deal with mods.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,329 Member
    edited July 2022
    Okay question about aging bug: does someone know if sims will age if you have aging off

like say all your sims days in lifestage are used will the game force sim to age even though your aging is off or are my sims safe with that aging off box ticked

I don't ever plan to untick the aging off because I am quite sure that wouldn't ever be good idea in my save :lol:

just need to know if its safe to keep playing aging off while this bug exists
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Okay question about aging bug: does someone know if sims will age if you have aging off

like say all your sims days in lifestage are used will the game force sim to age even though your aging is off or are my sims safe with that aging off box ticked

I don't ever plan to untick the aging off because I am quite sure that wouldn't ever be good idea in my save :lol:

I've been playing and I'm not having any aging issues.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 723 Member
    Thank you @SimplyJen :)
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Not sure if these issues happened before or after the new patch, as I havent played the game for 2-3 years, but my CC seems to be botched. My kijiko eyelashes only have one option, which it isnt supposed to. The icons for create a sim are half botched, like when I do close editing on mouths, eyes etc the mouse icon is split in half. I cant change the skin colors of my sims and the eyebrows are set to two default, black and soft pink. I dont have much CC, but I like kijikos eyelashes for the sims, the default one is so weird :D
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

Crinricht recommends making sure that you have age length on normal. If it's on long, your Sims will age up even if you have aging off. I had that happen in one game. But I changed aging to normal in another game, then turned aging off, and so far everything seems okay.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,811 Member
    Not sure if these issues happened before or after the new patch, as I havent played the game for 2-3 years, but my CC seems to be botched. My kijiko eyelashes only have one option, which it isnt supposed to. The icons for create a sim are half botched, like when I do close editing on mouths, eyes etc the mouse icon is split in half. I cant change the skin colors of my sims and the eyebrows are set to two default, black and soft pink. I dont have much CC, but I like kijikos eyelashes for the sims, the default one is so weird :D

Yes, those eyelashes and lots of alpha hairs broke in the update before this. Check the Broken Mods thread for that patch to find out exactly what is broken and how to fix it.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member

Another update. More bugs, and no fixes. Oh joy, oh joy *eyeroll*
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Despise the new Cell Icons and how unintuitive it is. Like I'm forced into using an iPhone. Please make it optional. I'm not 12 and I don't need hieroglyphs and pretty colors for everything.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Okay now that I'm in the right thread. I think something got broken. My rampaging werewolf Sim was still able to go on her phone when she was supposed to be uncontrollable and not at all like herself.

FKEQCaV.png

And she pulling the phone out at random times even when she isn't rampaging.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,702 Member
    @Fairy_Happy I think she might be blogging her rampage experience ;) But yeah I agree that is a bit of overuse, they might have to tweak the phone addiction a bit in a update :)
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,187 Member
    edited July 2022
    As usual, I'll have to enjoy the update later. By the looks of things, bugs and mods are aplenty and I love my mods too much to deal with that! Hopefully the aging bug gets taken cared of soon especially.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited July 2022
    I hope along with aging bug they also manage to squeeze a fix for phone animations. I mean it’s great for teens and new pack (they already look at the phone more often than others), but for adults and especially occult sims it’s immersion breaking, in my opinion.
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    The aging up bug, like seriously? Where is the QA??? Non-existent as always. Not updating until this is fixed it's absolutely ridiculous.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif