Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging with 7/26/2022 patch

Comments

• ShagawaMichelleShagawaMichelle Posts: 6 New Member
    2 young adults and 3 kids aged up. Even the cat aged up. The dog was already senior and since there's no further life stage, it didn't seem to affect him -- but I closed out pretty fast. Long lifespan
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    So is this happening to everyone? I’m so nervous to get in my game! 🤣
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    I'm having issues on normal lifespan. My sim child aged to a teen with 21 days til age up instead of 14. Also every time I load the game, all sims in household reset to the start of their current life span.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I'm having issues on normal lifespan. My sim child aged to a teen with 21 days til age up instead of 14. Also every time I load the game, all sims in household reset to the start of their current life span.

That sounds like a separate issue to me. You might want to post a new topic in the bug forums. Also make sure you have no mods in your game. Repairing could also fix it if you haven’t done that yet.
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »

That sounds like a separate issue to me. You might want to post a new topic in the bug forums. Also make sure you have no mods in your game. Repairing could also fix it if you haven’t done that yet.

Thanks for responding. No mods and repaired. I did post in a new topic but was passed to this thread
  • David8_LyDavid8_Ly Posts: 41 Member
    I hope that EA pays attention to this post and others like it to this fix problem soon. This a major bug that should not be ignored by EA that was perhaps an oversight similar to the My Wedding Stories game pack. Since this problem is only related to the most recent update, I would like to think that EA should fix this problem as soon as possible. How long does it normally take for EA to fix major bugs caused by updates on The Sims 4? Has updates ever caused major problems like this before on The Sims 4 where it causes major bugs? I do not really know the answer to these questions, because I have only played The Sims 4 since 2022.
  • ShagawaMichelleShagawaMichelle Posts: 6 New Member
    Hopefully soon. It makes the game unplayable for me.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    David8_Ly wrote: »
    I hope that EA pays attention to this post and others like it to this fix problem soon. This a major bug that should not be ignored by EA that was perhaps an oversight similar to the My Wedding Stories game pack. Since this problem is only related to the most recent update, I would like to think that EA should fix this problem as soon as possible. How long does it normally take for EA to fix major bugs caused by updates on The Sims 4? Has updates ever caused major problems like this before on The Sims 4 where it causes major bugs? I do not really know the answer to these questions, because I have only played The Sims 4 since 2022.

When a bug is truly game breaking like this one, they usually fix it quickly. I'm sure they will not want this bug interfering with the release of the new pack.

Yes they usually fix these as quick as possible. A similar bug was in the game a few years ago and they fixed it very fast. Updates like this usually break something majorly unfortunately because they are so massive and add so many changes.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I haven't booted up any of my saves since the update, and I won't be doing so until this glitch is fixed. First the "My Wedding Stories" disaster, then the debacle that is female werewolf forms, now this aging glitch? They need to stop dropping balls before they trip on one and fall down the stairs...-_-;
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited July 2022
    Just an FYI for anyone who's interested:

I have aging turned off, I never play with aging on. The game options are defaulted to normal lifespan and greyed out (because I never use it).

And my sim immediately jumped from young adult to adult.... so the bug isn't just with the long lifespan option. Unfortunately, I didn't notice exactly when it happened (no birthday because aging is turned off). So I didn't even look until I saw it mentioned here on the forums. But the first thing I did after the update was take one of my sims into CAS to check out all the new changes, so it might have happened then?

I added my "me too" to the Answers HQ thread.

ETA: Oh, and I don't have any mods/cc in the game (removing them is always the first thing I do before any updates).
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain

I have aging turned off, I never play with aging on. The game options are defaulted to normal lifespan and greyed out (because I never use it).

And my sim immediately jumped from young adult to adult.... so the bug isn't just with the long lifespan option. Unfortunately, I didn't notice exactly when it happened (no birthday because aging is turned off). So I didn't even look until I saw it mentioned here on the forums.

ETA: Oh, and I don't have any mods/cc in the game (removing them is always the first thing I do before any updates).

You should probably add more than me too. If EA isn’t aware the issue is happening elsewhere they can’t fix it properly as they are just thinking it’s happening on long lifespan.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »

And my sim immediately jumped from young adult to adult.... so the bug isn't just with the long lifespan option. Unfortunately, I didn't notice exactly when it happened (no birthday because aging is turned off). So I didn't even look until I saw it mentioned here on the forums.

You should probably add more than me too. If EA isn’t aware the issue is happening elsewhere they can’t fix it properly as they are just thinking it’s happening on long lifespan.

Yes, thanks for pointing that out. Done and done, I made a post in the HQ thread for crinrict to take note of.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    The minute I opened game I turned off aging. Mainly due to the fact that my kids are about to age to teens and I want that to happen on Thursday when i get the new pack.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I am not brave enough to load up my two saves I play most, which is my rotational play and my 100 baby challenge. I will play with old saves and new ones until this aging problem is fixed, I can not afford those two saves to get messed up in any way. I did save my saves folder to my desktop before updating just in case ;)
    Aging up is unfortunately not he only bug from the update, but also incest as well. The father for example should not be asking for permission to date his daughter, siblings should not be romantic with each other, and woohoo incest for basegame should not allowed either without a mod (such as MC Woohoo mod which is an adult mod that may not be appropriate for children). Toddlers and children should not be romantic either since they are far too young for that stuff.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2022
    So is this happening to everyone? I’m so nervous to get in my game! 🤣

No, it is not happening to everyone. I have aging off in my game and the lifespan has always been normal but it is greyed out since I don't have aging on.

I downloaded the update and my game is fine. No issues whatsoever.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2022
    DrGluon is managing to replicate the bug on his livestream, he invited a bunch of elders to his household, planned his outfit in CAS and several of them died of old age.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    I have auto aging off for played sims anyway. If NPCs die early, who cares lol.

"If he dies, he dies." - Rocky IV

No I'm sure they will fix the bug.
    > @Hearts4u said:
    > No, it is not happening to everyone. I have aging off in my game and the lifespan has always been normal but it is greyed out since I don't have aging on.
    >
    > I downloaded the patch and my game is fine. No issues whatsoever.

What patch? I want incest removed from basegame from update as well in addition to being to pick between wants similar to that of whims. Wants are unfortunately not allowed to be cancelled out contrary to whims.
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited July 2022

There was a huge bug in 2020 update when Snowy Escape came out (the one with platforms), it caused game to hard crush and it created sound glitch as well across all platforms. From the moment the bug was discovered to the moment it got hot fix it was one week. I remember this because I was itchy to buy SE and it made me wait the whole week, lol.

My guess is week is the longest it will take and hopefully much sooner. Before High School pack would be perfect because I was planning on getting it on release date.

• KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    So, I started a new game since I use a lot of CC for my games (not too much, but every sims has at least one CC item). I haven't played my pre-existing games, so I don't know what is going on. But my game seems to be working normally. Aging is normal, relationships are normal. So...if you want to play the Sims just for fun or to check out the new features, maybe just start a new game. It doesn't have to be a serious game. More like a side-project where you play with the new features and maybe even do some of the things you don't make time for. (i tried that, but now I'm kinda attached to my new characters)
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Well I guess I'm not updating until they fix this. I hope it gets a fix before the pack comes out tomorrow.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited July 2022
    I've been playing with only one save for much longer than I usually do before I rotate on a next one and now I'm basically forced to continue with it, still, because I have the aging on normal lifespan and the bug doesn't happen in it.
    I kind of like it... sorry. :/
    I do want the bug to be fixed and I eventually want to play with my other saves that have aging on long lifespan, but Egglestons are so much fun to play with that I don't mind being stuck on playing them in my current active save as long as EA needs time to fix it.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    How do you not update your game.? Doesn't Origin automatically update TS4? At least that's what happens for me. I didn't think you could launch the game without updating.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.