Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When is the base game update dropping for the HSY pack?

Is it dropping tomorrow? I gotta fix my played and unplayed NPC orientations.

Comments

• Wholesome_GothWholesome_Goth Posts: 24 Member
    I would expect that it will be out Tomorrow (the 26th), since High School Years will be out on Thursday (the 28th). But I still haven't seen anything mentioned anywhere that says it is tomorrow for certain. Hopefully something is said soon to say when the patch is out.
  • SansannaSansanna Posts: 37 Member
    I'm very much looking forward to the update as well, I'm really hoping it drops today even though there has been no mention about it yet..
    Gallery id: sannaljm
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I've seen somewhere that the patch would be today. I'm really looking forward to it!
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited July 2022
    Do you know if curved walls are part of the patch, or only included as part of the DLC ?

(What I mean is, will curved walls be available to everyone, even if they decide not to get the High School pack?)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    @StuffyMarx looks like they are in the free update:
    Everything in the next update.

https://youtu.be/Ulmk0t_Hj9U
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Does anyone know when the patch will be released today? Thanks. I'm really looking forward to this one.
    Thanks, @elanorbreton, I'll have a look at that. Lilsimsie videos are often worth watching.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Just installed the base update. I'm firing up the game now. #excited
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Will Npcs be able to hit on you now?
    edited July 2022
    Curved walls are fiddly. The actual "curve" part still has to have an orthagonal support piece aligned with either the vertical or horizontal axis. What that means is you can't have a true circle shaped house, it's sorta squished on the north / south / east / west sides. It's not that noticable in the bigger walls though.
    Looking forward to burning up a few hours messing about with this. I don't think I can pull off a torus house, but having turrets is definately possible. A rounded staircase tower would be teriffic, but I don't think that's possible yet.

I wonder if I can build a house that looks like R2D2.