Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS aggravation - Makeup doesn't carry over

Unbelievable!
I started a new game, picked an unoccupied house, opened CAS to create a new sim. A male sim appeared so I switched to female.
I edited facial features and applied makeup and hair. Took 30 minutes.
I switched to formal and nothing saved, nothing carried over to any other category.

I closed the game.

SERIOUSLY??? I didn't even touch the body!!!

EA needs to fix this. Let us select an option to apply the initial makeup and hair to all categories. It's tire
EA, help me to be less pathetic. Help me enjoy my game so that I can stop vacuuming. [

Comments

• Options
    Sol_RisingSol_Rising Posts: 20 Member
    I......can understand your pain. I've actually started avoiding using makeup on my female sims just because of this. For something that has been a problem for so long, I'm surprised there isn't a convenient solution.
    Played TS2, TS3, and obviously TS4. Systems I played the Sims on are GameCube, Xbox 360/One, PS3/4, and now primarily the PC.
    fRPtyvE.png
    The picture is from my ROBLOX game. Yep, I'm a ROBLOX developer and proud to be one.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,841 Member
    This is a long standing gripe of mine with CAS. That, and not being able to save an outfit that I created and loved so that I could apply it to others with a couple of clicks. After this length of time I've just about given up hope that it will ever be fixed. They have surprised me a few times lately, so maybe, just maybe there is still hope that it will be fixed.
  • Options
    ThisSentenceIsALieThisSentenceIsALie Posts: 78 Member
    I also wish you could have make-up and accessories carry over to other outfits, or at least be saved as some sort of preference. I've had the same concern regarding bracelets and body accessories, I rarely use these as it is such tedious work adding the same things to all outfit categories.
    /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ノ
  • Options
    The_MercuriaThe_Mercuria Posts: 159 Member
    edited June 2022
    I didn't realize that I'd been sat in front of the laptop for almost 2 hours trying to recreate the Sim's face. I got all the makeup on first then spent the rest of the time tweaking her features and picking out clothing.

She just ain't the same.
    Post edited by The_Mercuria on
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Serious Pet PEEEEEEEEEEVE for me too! Why shouldn't we be able to save full makeup, we can save certain custom colors with the sliders, it only makes sense to be able to actually save the entire makeup category to use on other clothing categories.

The limitations for customization of this game are so horrible, it frustrates me to no end! This is just one more example of taking player creativity away and causing unnecessary headaches.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I would hate it if it did it automatically, but you should have it as an option in some way, like as people say save it as a favourite or something similar. It would save so much time!
  • Options
    The_MercuriaThe_Mercuria Posts: 159 Member
    Reading the comments, I realise that we should be able to save makeup sets. Wouldn't that be cool?
  • Options
    BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    I would hate it if it did it automatically, but you should have it as an option in some way, like as people say save it as a favourite or something similar. It would save so much time!

That's what sims 3 has. You can lock it to all outfits or unlock so it only applies to that outfit. Hope we get it in 4 before the end.
    This is a long standing gripe of mine with CAS. That, and not being able to save an outfit that I created and loved so that I could apply it to others with a couple of clicks. After this length of time I've just about given up hope that it will ever be fixed. They have surprised me a few times lately, so maybe, just maybe there is still hope that it will be fixed.

Wait I know for sure I saw someone on twitter that had made their own custom outfits.. Perhaps this is how? Not exactly as easy as maxis just adding the option but better than nothing
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    edited July 2022
    This is my foremost bête noire about CAS. Same for accessories, piercings in particular.

On a similar note, I'd love to be able to curate our own "styled looks"--even better if they could be shared in the Gallery.
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Having native support for saving outfits and makeup styles would be really handy.

I use the MCCC mod, and it allows you to copy and paste various elements of appearances. So for instance, you could copy hairstyle and makeup from "everyday" to "formal". Or copy accessories from "swimwear" to every outfit. It's pretty useful, but it's a shame you have to use a mod to implement something that ought to be in the base game.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I really miss the ability to lock makeup across different outfit categories from TS3. This has always been such a pain in TS4.