Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do devs consider adding more TV shows, movies and channels to the game?

I personally love the short animated films and shows on each channel.

Devs, can we get more added? It would be nice to have that as a sim delivery or even a pack...whatever I just want more of that entertainment. It's time well spent.

Community thoughts? What are some of your favorite channels and movies as well?

Comments

• BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I suspect it's not a priority, unless it helps sell a pack. I'd certainly like more films
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Would be nice if we had more choices, so if the sims watch TV often it doesn't feel like we've watched the same thing a hundred times already. Would particularly like more movie choices and a also some black and white old Hollywood movies.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    funny I almost always add tv in my sims homes but I can't recall last time i purposefully made my sim watch tv :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Would be nice if there is a morning version of the comedy talk show. It's always set at night. Would be nice if there are also more news stories and such.
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    I would love to see new movies/ channels if they'll use TS1/TS2 to create them!!😍😍
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited July 2022
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes!! I love setting up movie night and watching my sims TV lol. Also we need the option to just keep the TV running when not using it. I only found one mod for it and the modder no longer mods since they work for EA🥲
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    I would appreciate a Retro channel similar to the radio station for TS2 TV shows.

Especially given how, in real life, a lot of these channels have really become massive successes. Largely, those channels comprise the majority of what I watch.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    More television and movies would be nice besides Movie Night and I think Seasons have they even added anything since base game more is always welcomed as someone mentioned a black and white old Hollywood network would be nice it would be nice for generational game play also more horror movies those are always good.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    More television and movies would be nice besides Movie Night and I think Seasons have they even added anything since base game more is always welcomed as someone mentioned a black and white old Hollywood network would be nice it would be nice for generational game play also more horror movies those are always good.

That would all be cool. The more variety the better.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited July 2022
    Now EP12 High School Years is here, Teenage TV show in high school is required.

It could include stories about occult and LGBT characters like Buffy and Teen Wolf.
  • Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    I would like to see some Holidays shows or a home shopping network.
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member

I think it would be really cool if the sims we play could appear in brief scenes on TV - on the news for example when they did something really good (or bad...) Just think about the possibilities here... ^^'

And another great opportunity I think could be (if we for example get Ice Hockey or Figure Skating for TS4 in the future) to add Sports Channels that covers some of our sims' progress at a higher level (since some sports maybe are too difficult to implement on the ice live with audience and all) So basically we would see glimpses of our main sims when competing at a professional level on TV!) I would love to see something like that implemented. What about you?

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I think it would be really cool if the sims we play could appear in brief scenes on TV - on the news for example when they did something really good (or bad...) Just think about the possibilities here... ^^'

And another great opportunity I think could be (if we for example get Ice Hockey or Figure Skating for TS4 in the future) to add Sports Channels that covers some of our sims' progress at a higher level (since some sports maybe are too difficult to implement on the ice live with audience and all) So basically we would see glimpses of our main sims when competing at a professional level on TV!) I would love to see something like that implemented. What about you?

I would love that. Something like the international championships we see on TV. Also, football cup matches. They should be like the option to watch movie premiere on TV.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member

Man that all would be warmly welcomed. It would add more immersion to the game. Maybe even to get a moodlet or fame from being on TV and increased celebrity when seen in public would be cool.
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member

That's unlikely as all the TV shows are made in TS3, just like all the TS3 shows were made using TS2.