Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sorry State of Female Werewolf CAS

SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
edited July 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Yes, it's me again. After going through CAS on female werewolves, I've found a number of problems beyond the body sliders with several pieces of clothing. This video showcases just a sampling of these problems, comparing the same clothing pieces on the male and female body in CAS. Several pants and shorts have awkward bulges on the female werewolf body that aren't present on the male body in either form, there are tops, dresses, and outfits with graphical issues that only appear or are most pronounced on the female werewolf body, and the cups of certain bras are smaller on the female werewolf form than on males in human or werewolf form.

This mess needs to stop. No more covering for the devs with "time and budget" or "but, wolf mammaries/canine sexual dimorphism." Those excuses don't fly with this evidence, especially for a team that is always talking up inclusion, representation, and freedom of gender expression. At best, this is sloppy workmanship. At worst, it's casual misogyny. Either way you slice it, this needs to be fixed.
There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
5MNZlGQ.gif
When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    That’s the same problem for regular sims though. They convert male assets for females but without adapting them so it looks bad.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    That’s the same problem for regular sims though. They convert male assets for females but without adapting them so it looks bad.

It's even more egregious for female werewolves, though, in light of the unnecessary body customization restrictions and the way the devs talk up inclusion, representation, and freedom of gender expression. Our girls have been done dirty, and making excuses or giving the benefit of the doubt should not be anyone's first reaction. This is not acceptable.
    5MNZlGQ.gif
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    Is it possible that one of the reasons clothing looks off on female werewolves could be that there isn't a female body mesh for werewolves?

From what I've seen there isn't much difference so the idea that there is a single body mesh for werewolves being used could explain lack of sliders and clothing options to make female werewolves look female.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Is it possible that one of the reasons clothing looks off on female werewolves could be that there isn't a female body mesh for werewolves?

From what I've seen there isn't much difference so the idea that there is a single body mesh for werewolves being used could explain lack of sliders and clothing options to make female werewolves look female.

If that was the case, we wouldn't see problems like the bra cups on items like the shell, coconut, and default strapless being much smaller than on the male werewolf and human character models, or the bulges on some pants that stick out farther on the female werewolf model than on the male. Off camera, I checked if it just had to do with the feminine body type vs the masculine, and the aforementioned defects do not exist on male sims assigned a feminine body type in either form. The female werewolf form was botched.
    5MNZlGQ.gif
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    Maybe this is EA's way of compensating for the sorry state of male CAS in general.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    This was one of the first things I noticed about the werewolves even in the trailer.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Yea, they really need to update the CAS and werewolf bodies. If I want my werewolf sim to present as feminine and wear feminine clothes, I should be able to do so.

I love the gender-neutral CAS option this pack gives us, but an entire occult life state has no feminine options at all. Your wolves can look masculine, neutral, or masculine with dresses. Which are all good options to have, but they shouldn't take away feminine body frames with feminine clothing that actually fits the feminine bodies.