Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited July 2022
    Bringing in some “psychological matters” into the story line. And expanding the pre-holocaust part of the story.
    Stocking the Bunker

There was plenty to do. Replenishment shipments of supplies from both the Canadian Forces and the US Military were being shipped to the bunker to make sure that the occupants had food.

“XO, what do you make of the requisitioning?” Animal asked Meg.

“We have enough cold storage, sir, to put well over one million tons of perishable food (meat and vegetables) in storage. That would be enough food to keep 50 people fed for 100 years or more. Then we have seed shipments. All the cold storage is in the lower floor of the bunker. We have over 50 head of cattle, and 300 chickens. There is well over three million tons of grain feed in dry storage for both the cattle and the chickens to keep them fed for as long as we’re able to be fed.” Vice-Admiral Austin notified him, checking the sheets on her clipboard of all the information she’d garnered on her routine inspections.

“Good, on top of that we should have seeds in a refrigerated section of the bunker so that we can create a garden to grow vegetables and fruits.”

Meg nodded, “Agreed, sir. A garden will not only be necessary but will give training in agriculture to those who will take care of the farms during the recovery process.

Animal agreed with her; this was exactly what was necessary for long-term survival, growing foods within the bunker, making sure of adequate supplies and above all, having the trained personnel to take care of the agriculture. “What else do you think we need?”

“First aid supplies should be well-stocked, our armory, reloading our ammo; lead, gunpowder and primers. So that we can reload rounds. CBN Masks, filters, and other necessities.” She paused, consulting her list. “Have we had much communication with HQ, sir?”

“Not since I sent off the notification we got here. I think we’re expected to be black; no communications in or out other than lo-band. So the Russians and the Chinese don’t know we’re here.”

Meg nodded. That made sense. If they were going to survive the impending apocalypse, they would best be served by remaining quiet. The enemy would be monitoring hi-band frequencies. Subs communicated in lo-band or VLF and the bunker had VLF as well as UHF frequency transmitters, though disguised as a house with satellite TV to throw off any Russian satellites orbiting the earth.

“What do you figure are going to be the main needs within the bunker?” Animal asked Meg.

“Primarily the ability to maintain our food stocks to appropriate levels, access to clean water, secure shelter, ability to maintain our health in optimal condition…of course there are other things in the bottom tier that require taking care of such as morale and reproduction” Meg thought for a long moment as she flushed a little with embarrassment, “…at least those are the primary standards. If we don’t do that, we can’t survive. There are secondary needs, projected in Maslow’s hierarchy of needs.”
    Screenshot-32.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @bekkasan ,as with @emorrill 's story, I won't read your new update yet because I have a lot of catching up to do. But I see that you've made a jail and a criminal hideout, and that sounds super interesting!
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @emorrill As usual and as others, I need to catch up before I read the finale. Can't wait!

@bekkasan That looks amazing! Somewhere along the line I forgot about Mary and her story. Need to catch up with that too.

@Turjan Hope the OMSP works!

Posting in this thread stresses me out cause I don't have time to read it all and I don't want anyone to feel like I left them out or didn't enjoy their stories so I will just say.... hi to everyone and great job! so many great story tellers and photographers on here. And now I will try once again to keep up.
    My Apocalypse/Rebuild the World Legacy Reboot has the Prologue and Chapter One written out now. We are looking at almost 15,000K words for those two chapters alone. Currently on Chapter Two which is currently sitting at almost 9K words just on its own. I may have to split it up in Parts for posting on the forums.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited July 2022
    Chapter 17.6 – Bewickton December 2022: part III

Sofias notes:

2uyTauR.jpg

After I had once again satisfied my craving for pancakes, I made sure to pet and feed Yumi before following Palash to go to sleep. He had gone to bed a little earlier than me this night, complaining about a headache and feeling tired.

4W5uqLS.jpg

However, when I came into the bedroom, I didn't find him sleeping like I expected. He was wide awake and clearly upset. I asked him what was wrong, and he said he had tried to go to sleep, but it was impossible, because as soon as he tried to fall asleep he had gotten these thoughts that something was going to happen to either us or someone in the family.

It wasn't unusual for him to get some wild ideas every now and then, where he would begin to ramble on about... I don't know, anything from how the moon landing was a fake or how our government is controlled by a secret cult sacrificing babies or something, but it was a little different this time. Usually he would be pretty clear and concise about his ideas, no matter how far out they were, but this time he was surprisingly vague. He just kept repeating how it was all based on a feeling that something was happening or going to happen to a family member, but he couldn't answer what he thought it was.

nGbq7HB.jpg

He was so serious about it, for a while I got a little concerned too, that maybe he was talking about our little one.. that I would end up having a.. a miscarriage, but.. I didn't want to share that with him.. I know that.. children is.. I know how important family is to him, and I didn't want to say anything to upset him further...

I managed to put that thought away and gave him a hug to calm him down, doing my best to ensure him that everyone was probably alright, and that we could call his family or visit them tomorrow to hear if everything was alright. It was probably to late to call anyone now at this hour.

rAxhonb.jpg

He wasn't to convinced, but agreed to try again to go to sleep saying he would call his mom and then his sister living on the east coast first thing in the morning.

qPxBaoK.jpg

I had such sweet dreams again this night.. at first... this time, it was a boy. A young handsome little man, and I was so proud! It was a sweet summer day, and I was so proud to show him off to everyone in town when I was out walking with him in the stroller!

mvPgO79.jpg

In the dream it felt so good... and I hoped that I would never wake up, even though I knew that in 7 months time or so, it could be a reality..

NLVAbiA.jpg

..but underneath all that, Palashs concerns must have gotten to me, because quickly the dream became a lot more unpleasant.. I was about to cross the road to take him to the park so that he could meet and play with some of the other toddlers there, when summer all of a sudden became winter, and I was knee deep in snow!

l6hQJYZ.jpg

The sun disappeared, night fell and it was snowing heavily, and right as I was in the middle of the road, an ambulance, of all things, came speeding down the road and hit the... it was so awful, the ambulance just barely missed me, but took the stroller with my baby boy with it..

PzfTu3I.png

I broke down crying on the street watching the ambulance drive away with full sirens on, and there was no longer any sign of my baby boy or the stroller. When the ambulance was gone, the remaining echo of the sirens gradually turned into the sound of a phone ringing...

G720bcN.png

KDGFqBl.jpg

..and a phone was ringing. We didn't even get the time to wake up by ourselves to call Palashs relatives. His mom already called him. It turns out Palash wasn't concerned without reason. What an absolutely eerie thing! Just last night his father had a stroke and was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance!

Wcc94rQ.jpg

He agreed to meet up with his family to go see his dad at the hospital, right away after breakfast! His mom had assured him that the doctors had gotten rid of the stroke, and that his dad was good and on his way to recover, but Palash was still worried. I didn't think I would need to go to the hospital this soon, but now there was no other choice...

Qp4EhRX.jpg

I was surprised to see how much it had snowed during the night, and we had to spend a few minutes brushing off the snow and deicing the car before we could go. We wouldn't normally get this amount of snow until late january or early february, if at all, so this was definately an usual day in every way!

yIxLKzG.jpg

We took my car to go, and I had to tell Palash several times to be easy on the gas. I understood he wanted to get there as fast as possible, but I didn't want to end up in a car accident...

---

P.S: I consider this not a complete update. Normally I would wait until I had "everything done", but this is as far as I got today, and I'm .. kind of trying something new here. Maybe it's better to post something shorter as I go along. Of course, now that it's done, I can't go back and change this part if I should want to. :P
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Hey so does anyone know what add on for SP I need to have the option to disable friendly visitors?
    So tired of random sims coming and knocking on my door all the time.Just had some teen come knock on my door and when I didn't answer he started fishing in my pond XD

I know the option is SP---Situations--Friendly Visitor
    But my SP is missing the friendly visitor option, so I assume I am missing one of the add ons
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Kenny's new haircut @emorrill and @bekkasan :tongue: I wanted it to look like he just slicked down his mohawk.
    7qiPTfw.png

Oh and I gave him less facial hair.

Cuddlin on the couch
    lDNYsS7.png

It was Spooky Day, so I made Chrissy her own outfit. She's a cow. Just in case you couldn't tell. :tongue: And, yeah, I know female cows don't have horns okay but they looked cute. But, apparently, this costume bored Lady Lala. :lol:
    QSEs0bL.png

Pork and beef living together in harmony. Isn't it beautiful?
    k0lPNAX.png

Apparently the party was a huge success. But really it just seemed like a bunch of weirdos came over in costumes to sit and watch my TV, but hey, if they enjoyed themselves then I'm happy. :tongue:
    Screenshot-49.jpg
    Derek: Honey, Guess what I just did?
    Elizabeth: It doesn't have anything to do with a once in a lifetime money
    saving offer does it?
    Derek: No.What would you say to a family portrait?
    Elizabeth: Of who's family?
    Derek...Ours.
    Elizabeth; Why do we need that?
    Derek: Cause this came today..-holds up flyer-
    Elizabeth: One of your movies are having a cast reunion?
    Spare me.
    Derek: What happened to your spirit?
    Elizabeth: I lost it on prom night..
    Derek: They want a family portrait of each cast member's family.
    Elizabeth: Ugh..why?

Screenshot-51.jpg
    Derek: People will be watching this reunion, we should send the
    best photo we can.
    Elizabeth: Whose lame brain idea was this? oh maker...Its Phyllis Zinner...
    I hate that actress. Such a pointy head little phony.
    Derek: ...Aren't you expressive?
    Elizabeth: You know why she wants a picture? So she can make sure her
    life turned out better than yours.

Screenshot-52.jpg
    Derek: Amber, what are you looking at?
    Amber: Photos from the movie premier...boy have you changed.
    Derek: Why are you here?
    Amber: To make sure this hot photographer you hired doesn't mess things
    up.

Screenshot-53.jpg
    Amber: Oh look, Phyllis Zinner....
    Elizabeth: Quick, destroy the photo.
    Amber: I can't believe Derek ever took her out.
    Elizabeth: He never took her out.
    Amber: He did, the week that you ran off.
    Elizabeth: No way...
    Amber: He never told you that?
    Elizabeth: No...
    Amber:...um...you look very nice today.

Screenshot-57.jpg
    Derek: What about this spot for the photo?
    Elizabeth: I don't know Derek, we should ask phyllis Zinner.
    Derek: Why should we care what she thinks?
    Elizabeth: Because 4 years ago, we dated her behind our back.
    Derek: What are you talking about?
    Elizabeth: 4 years of lies.
    Peter: Maybe we should do this another time.
    Elizabeth: You went out with someone else and you didn't tell me about.
    Derek: Our photographer is on a busy schedule, could this wait?
    Elizabeth: Another four years.Peter let me ask you something, do
    you think its a low down mean thing to lie to your girlfriend/wife
    for four years?
    Peter; How many years?

Screenshot-58.jpg
    Derek: Since we're on the subject, lets talk about your friend.
    Elizabeth: You leave her out of this.
    Derek: Why does she have to open her big mouth..Amber!
    Amber: Yeah?

Screenshot-59.jpg
    Derek: Why did you have to tell her about Phyllis?
    Amber: Sorry Derek, I thought you would have told her by now.
    Derek: There was nothing to tell..It was one measley date.
    Elizabeth: If there was nothing to tell, then why didn't mention it
    when I came back.
    Derek: I was trying to protect you.
    Elizabeth: From what?
    Derek: Lets forget about it.

Screenshot-60.jpg
    Elizabeth: I wanna know why you went out with her in the first place.
    Derek: You left, what was I suppose to do?
    Elizabeth: Try to get me back?
    Derek: I did try, you wouldn't answer me.
    Elizabeth: What did you do on this date?
    Derek: Nothing, we hopped in our limo and we
    went for a ride.
    Elizabeth: So you just rode around? Didn't stop anywhere?
    Derek: We might have stopped somewhere.
    Elizabeth; Where did you stop?
    Derek: Just at the lighthouse..
    Elizabeth: Did you share a moment with her?
    Derek: Elizabeth...
    Elizabeth: Well...Did you?
    Derek: ..Yes.

Screenshot-62.jpg
    Derek: Where are you going?
    Elizabeth: To my parents and don't follow me.
    Derek: Elizabeth...lets be rational about this.
    Elizabeth: You obviously mistaken me for someone who cares.

Screenshot-63.jpg
    Peter: You have such a big mouth don't you.
    Amber: I didn't know it would cause an episode!
    Peter: Everything you do, causes an episode.

Screenshot-64.jpg
    Elizabeth: Hey Dad, is mom home?
    Henry: She sure is.How's my baby grandson doing?
    Elizabeth: Just fine dad...Derek and I had an arguement.Mind
    if we stay here tonight.
    Henry: Not at all, but your mom is gonna wanna know what happened.

Screenshot-65.jpg
    Derek: Hi, Charlotte..Is Elizabeth here?
    Charlotee: She is Derek, but I don't know if she wants to speak
    to you.
    Derek: I take it she told you what we were arguing about.
    Charlotte: I managed to get bits and pieces.

Screenshot-66.jpg
    Elizabeth: I told you not to follow me.Go home Derek.
    Derek: Not until you both come home.
    Elizabeth: I'm not in the mood to talk.

Screenshot-67.jpg
    Derek: Elizabeth, it was four years ago...And technically, we weren't
    even a couple then..
    Elizabeth: I still think you should have told me.
    You were all big on "I trust you, but not him." Hypocrite.

Screenshot-69.jpg
    Derek: I should have, okay! I'm sorry. I can't take it back.
    What do you want me to do? Go back in time?
    Elizabeth: I want you to go home for now.I'll come home in the morning.

Screenshot-68.jpg
    Derek: Fine...I give up.

later that night, Elizabeth decided to come home.

Screenshot-75.jpg
    She walked into her house being robbed, nearly stumbling into
    the burglar.She managed to call 911.The ruckus caused everyone
    else to wake up.After the police left, she went to bed without a word
    to anyone.

The next morning.

Screenshot-70.jpg
    Derek: At least you still love me...Its a good thing you're too young
    to understand..

Screenshot-71.jpg
    Derek: -sniffs- Eww..you need a bath.

@Sprottenham , I love your blurry pictures of the nightmare, they are very effective!

@Emily4331 , I love the kiss between the cow and the hot dog! People just sitting down and watching TV, honestly, sounds like some parties I've been to in real life. :smiley:
    edited July 2022
    In my previous update Audrey, single mother to Janella, successfully tried for baby again, but this time with a different father.

Since she's soon going to need all the help she can get at home, she went to the cemetery to explore the catacombs in hope of finding a magic lamp. She found nothing, and only got attacked by zombie bears.

b5Y0wZc.jpg

Meanwhile Nathanial, the father of her future child, got engaged to another woman.

rW4XD7q.png

In a few days Janella is going to age up to teen and Audrey will have her hands full with the new baby, so I made sure to focus on their quality time together.
    After school Janella wished to play hopscotch, so Audrey took her to a little square in town where there's a hopscotch court.

1gsJT6B.jpg

Playing made them hungry, so they had supper at the bistro. (There was a townie sitting down and meditating while they were eating.)

CkQ3CQe.jpg

The next day was Love Day, and they went to the Spring Festival to search for eggs. By this time Audrey had already received her pregnancy notification and changed into maternity clothes.

AK7vqGg.jpg

In the meantime Nathanial was on a date with his fiancée...

ZsMLT9b.jpg

... and later that night they got married.

9LA1geU.png
    Post edited by PalmArrow on
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    @Emily4331 Nice cow outfit. ;)

@PalmArrow Thanks, I looked at the picture right before the ambulance hits the baby carriage and almost got a little freaked out myself! :P

It's not just regular zombies, but zombie bears even. Scary. :P

Hmm, it looks like Audrey is deliberately trying to live like a single mom? :P
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton

Hmm, it looks like Audrey is deliberately trying to live like a single mom? :P
    @Sprottenham ,well,she isn't doing it on purpose, but I kind of am! :smile:
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Sprottenham I must not have refreshed this morning before posting my comments. I totally missed your update on the city life.
    It looks like a nice city.
    I think subways are important for city life so good idea to build them.
    Cool builds of the subway interiors.
    looks like some mysterious stuff going on further down.
    I laughed seeing the cat on the counter eating food.
    Hmm, cat germs! :lol:
    Oh my! What a horrible nightmare! That picture of the crash was incredible. Fantastic job.
    And his premonition came true!
    Great update.

@Turjan lol, that is one way to get everyone home.
    Thank you! Yes!! Lots of holding and hugs and love in store. It was a strange sensation holding her at 8 lbs versus my grandson's 27 lbs.
    I like the way the house turned out. The colors are perfect making it blend right into the sand and water.
    I don't make simbots but beekeeper sounds like the perfect job if I do. :grin:
    I really do need to use the philosopher's stone! :lol: Once I have a decent collection of death flowers.
    That is really pretty lighting in the last picture with your sims playing chess.

@Astro Lovely honeymoon.
    Good luck with the new job.
    Congrats to Amy on her new pregnancy.
    Bonehilda is so fun when she isn't terrorizing infants, toddlers and dogs. :grin:
    Congrats to Myra and Leighton on the pregnancy.

@Puddinroy Hey! Thank you!

@Karritz Thank you!

@emorrill I think I was posting that story elsewhere and not on your thread or in creative corner. Sorry.
    That picture did turn out great. He was actually playing with his nephew and his wife had their little girl. I had them bring the two littlest ones to the beach that day.
    Thank you! Being a grandma is such a blessing. :heart:

@PalmArrow Great pics of Mom and daughter!
    Oh, congrats her/them on the baby.
    Does the other father visit Janelle? I had a male sim that had a child with Elvira. He took the baby when it was born and raised their son. Elvira would come by the house occasionally as if to visit the child. She would stay for a little bit and then leave. It was interesting to see her do that. I eventually moved them to another town and left Elvira in Bridgeport. I did invite her over for his birthday and she came, visited and left.
    Thank you! :heart: We are over the moon happy having her here.
    Thanks for the comment. I hope you have time to catch up. I'm writing slower as working got busier.
    Oh bummer about his engagement to another woman.
    Nice she will be aging up as teens can help with babies. :smile:

@Emily4331 Yaay for mohawk being gone! I actually like that new cut for him considering ya know I love the long hair on guys! But that one suits him much better. :heart:
    I do like that jacket! Is it a set or separates?
    Chef looks like a cutie pie!
    Glad to see they were able to move to better quarters.
    hehe, sexy cow for sure!

@GraceyManor Yum! Derek's a fireman! :love:
    Lovely bonding time for Derek and Michael! :grin:
    Ah man, I knew it was too good to be true. Silly Elizabeth, past is past, break is a break. Yes, I was with Ross on that one. :lol: I bet she doesn't disclose every stray thought about a hot guy in a uniform does she? :grin:
    Glad she decided to go home. No grudges allowed Elizabeth!

@ZeeGee Thanks, I love seeing you pop in and wish you didn't let it stress you.
    I'm moving slower on the story as work and life got busier. Guess that is a good thing? :grin:

@Nikkei_Simmer I've been writing my story in goggle docs but never thought to see how wordy I am. I'll check later today because now I am curious. I know you definitely have more words then me. :grin:

I went back into memory lane again after asking @PalmArrow if the father visited Janelle. This is my sim Jamie (not related to the Jamie in my Mary story. I just like that name :grin:) who was a bit of a player in Bridgeport and got Elvira pregnant. Elvira was in a relationship with William, another vampire so she did not want the child. She did come by and visit occasionally. Jamie raised the child (turned out to be a vampire) after it was born eventually marrying his childhood best friend Lea who he fell in love with.
    20935266359_798759381d_o.jpg

This is the baby as a toddler. Loved this little one. His name was Jesse. :heart:
    20498756464_60c7001549_o.jpg
    @bekkasan , so Jamie was your active sim and Elvira would come to visit him and the baby on her own? I love that! In my case, Janella's father Roderick is still technically Audrey's boyfriend and he came to Janella's birthday party because he was invited,but he doesn't initiate any contact on his own. That's one of the reasons I didn't feel bad about Audrey trying for baby with another sim.
    @PalmArrow LOL honestly, the party was pretty accurate to real life. Except there wasn't a cat or dog for the shy person (me lol) to go pet instead of interacting with people. :lol:

@Sprottenham Hehe thank you :3

@bekkasan The jacket and skirt are separates! :smiley:

@lisasc360 Sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. :heart:
    I only took one picture last night. Chrissy playing some midnight soccer. Ya know, it's pretty common. :lol:
    S6GDFTT.png
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    It's a lovely day to surf! :lol:
    4186a4bd7a9689a2d78f692cf24a67799382e460.png
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    @Kelvin I missed seeing your screenshots!
    Screenshot-86.jpg
    Peter: Morning Elizabeth, where you going with your food?
    Elizabeth: To sit on the patio
    Derek: -rolls eyes- She's still mad at me.
    Elizabeth said nothing to Derek's snarky comment and left the room.

Screenshot-87.jpg
    Elizabeth sat on the back patio in silence, enjoying a bit of solitude.

Screenshot-89.jpg
    Derek: Amber's got a sense of humor.She asked if we were getting
    a divorce...Are we?
    Elizabeth: Did I forget to tell you I'm not talking to you.
    Derek: I wanna tell you everything that happened.
    Elizabeth: Again, you obviously mistaken me for someone who cares.
    Derek: I guess when you left, I was trying to prove something to myself.
    I don't know why I picked her.
    Elizabeth: -glares at Derek-
    Derek: Alright, I know why..She just broke up with her boyfriend,
    ran into at the diner, we went for a ride and ended up out at the lighthouse.
    That's it.
    Elizabeth: I don't understand how it just happens.
    Derek: Well, you start with 4 bottles of nectar..
    Elizabeth: Well, buy me a whole case so I can get together with the Chicago Bears.
    Derek: ....look what happened that long ago, doesn't have anything do with us now.
    Elizabeth: Then how come I'm sitting here wondering what else I don't know about you.
    Derek: Trust me?
    Elizabeth: Maker I hate you.

Screenshot-90.jpg
    Elizabeth: I swear somedays I wanna smack you.

Screenshot-93.jpg
    Derek: I love you to

Screenshot-92.jpg

Screenshot-103.jpg
    Derek: Its bed time.
    Michael: No.
    Derek: Yes.
    Michael: No.
    Derek: In you go.

Screenshot-104.jpg

edited July 2022
    Nothing so far; at hospital ER, thanks to box cutter accident trying to change cat litter and brain malfunction between left hand and right hand. Happy Days 🙄

Update: have made it home and am now resting. Doc gave me choice of “stitches or glue”. Since I was getting a shot for tetanus, I decided, Yeah, I’m going with “glue”…and be gentle with the finger for a few weeks until I’m able to take the bandages off. 😐

So…how was everyone else’s morning? 😁
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer I hope you heal quickly!
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file