Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPC Story Progression - have your neighbors tied the knot yet??

I know this was mentioned in the 2020 survey when they introduced the idea, they mentioned marriage.

Where is it? If it's not in game, is it coming? It would be cool to see and if you have the necessary pack, get invited to weddings.

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Mine do, but that's because of MCCC, not any game mechanics.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited July 2022
    Mine do, but that's because of MCCC, not any game mechanics.

lol, This MCCC feature annoyed me so I had to disable it. My thought is it might come after the sexual orientation update. I like how MCCC has the new option to choose dating partners in your sim local neighborhood only. I hope the official neighborhood stories dating release will have something similar. Through gameplay I do get phone calls about whether sims should date or get to know certain sims but new relationships doesn't just happen like in MCCC.

You know, They do call me about finding a ring and possibly being proposed to but I can't say if they go through with marrying sims. My active sims certainly hasn't been invited to a wedding.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Actually no. They had babies, moved in or out, quit their job or joined a career, but marriage or engagement, nope. But it’s not one of the things you can set in the neighborhood stories panel though,
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Currently, sims can't get married on their own. However, you can get a phone call asking your sim if they should accept the engagement, but after that they won't get married.

While I did think that they were going to have NPC sims throw weddings with a wedding pack (thought was there before it was even announced), nope.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Currently, sims can't get married on their own. However, you can get a phone call asking your sim if they should accept the engagement, but after that they won't get married.

While I did think that they were going to have NPC sims throw weddings with a wedding pack (thought was there before it was even announced), nope.

Yea Egon I hope they are on track to add that.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    edited July 2022
    No, so far, no wedding. Since I turned off Death — Lost Thorne Bailey and Dirk Dreamer from Get Famous! The only things they have done is move or switch jobs. I also disabled retire, because that was the first thing Thorne Bailey did before he forgot to take the swimming lessons leading to his ultimate drowning. :open_mouth: I never expected NPCs from certain packs to be vulnerable to NS. I turned it off altogether, then missed the updates. Couldn't figure out how to turn them back on, so I don't quite know what I did — but suddenly they showed up again. I was quick to alter the options. And while I never did play either Thorne or Dirk, their absence is sorely missed.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    Nope, just engagements via phone call, and those sims are sims I've played and put into relationships with official boyfriend/girlfriend status.
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    You know for someone with commitment issues aka Marcus Flex he’s married the pancake lady, that pompous famous woman from del sol valley and many others…