Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

| Haflinger's Not-So-Brief History of Simkind | My Sims 4 History Challenge SimLit |

HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
One challenge I've always wanted to try and make a SimLit out of is the History Challenge. It's got everything (and I mean everything) I'd ever want to write about. I've put it off and put it off and finally decided to just go for it! So I started a SimLit story for this challenge. My goal is to try and focus more on Sims 4 lore rather than actual history-history, but there might be some influences along the way.

"But Haflinger," you say, "don't you already have an Amazon Challenge inspired SimLit?" I can multi-task says I! I'm great at multi-tasking, I do it all the time. I can listen, make appropriately sympathetic noises at necessary points and totally ignore people while staring vaguely off into nothing at the same time!

I can do both! And I'll totally keep up to date on a regular basis too.

So without further ado....
I hope you like it!
Post edited by Haflinger on

Comments

• lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @Haflinger

I can't wait to follow this!
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    edited July 2022
    @lilypadmeulin

I'm so excited to have you follow along! I'm trying a slightly different style of writing than I am with SoE (given the demands of the challenge since I'm actually following the rules 🤭🤭🤭 because of the companion mod I'm using)

So here we go ...
    mDEzwSo.png

Now to find some time to do screencaps for all the SoE chapters I have provided I don't get sidetracked with more history challenge or end up playing Troy: Total War.
    Haflinger wrote: »
    @lilypadmeulin

I'm so excited to have you follow along! I'm trying a slightly different style of writing than I am with SoE (given the demands of the challenge since I'm actually following the rules 🤭🤭🤭 because of the companion mod I'm using)

So here we go ...
    mDEzwSo.png

Now to find some time to do screencaps for all the SoE chapters I have provided I don't get sidetracked with more history challenge or end up playing Troy: Total War.

Oh, I really enjoyed it!
    I think it might be very opposites attract with how driven she is, lol.
    edited July 2022
    In today's chapter, Tutak complains about walking, they find a campsite and the journey continues...
    (get ready for some geology puns for a while ... it is the Stone Age after all :D)
    Sqc7YbAl.png
    @Haflinger
    Poor Tutak! But at least Ollua is determined and has a plan in mind. This was a really lovely update, and I really loved all the mushroom descriptions.
    Poor Tutak! But at least Ollua is determined and has a plan in mind. This was a really lovely update, and I really loved all the mushroom descriptions.

Glad you liked it!
    Yes, Ollua definitely is the direction-driven one here. I borrowed the mushroom dialogue from the meme about early mushroom eaters and trial and error, the one that goes "that one tastes like beef, that one killed Brian immediately and that one makes you see god for a week" and then just added my own bits to it. My favorite screenshot is in the bonus section and it's the one of Tutak threatening the rabbit. 😂
    edited July 2022
    Still searching for a home ...

(and the rock-related pun titles continue ... sorry not sorry. :D)

Subtle Willow the Movie and Loch Lomond references hidden away there.

P.S. I moved everything over to my main SimLit Wordpress for right now because I didn't have any content over there. I may go back to the other one if I end up getting a lot more content and start running out of space
    Ready for more?

(and more rock puns ... I can go all day ...😂)
    Loving the rock puns and the story! I can't wait to continue reading!
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to one of my favorite rock pun phrases at some point.