Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do we know if bullies are being added to the new EP?

Anyone know if bullies will be a part of HS?

Comments

• somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I know that sims can write mean posts about each other on Social Bunny. But I don't think they can bully in school.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited July 2022
    I would highly doubt it. EA and The Sims team's main focus is about making the game a "safe place" that players don't have to ever experience anything that may be triggering to them, which is why there's nothing bad that ever happens unless it's player driven.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I never liked bullies the first time, & won't like them in my Sims 4 at all.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited July 2022
    The teens can't even convince/force somebody else to do their homework.

This world is perfect…
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    What High school didn't have a form of bullying? Even if it was a low grade prompt or chance card, it should exist. That should be mild enough not to trigger the community if that was a concern. It's a video game after all.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    The teens can't even convince/force somebody else to do their homework.

This world is perfect…

I know right..must be Peter pan's high school experience lol
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    No. No bullies. It's definitely something I wanted, something lighthearted of course, yet I overlook the disappointment because I totally get that a lot of things the devs do or don't do is to cover themselves. I do think they would give us a bit more "risky" stuff sometimes but it's better to play it safe with simmers in the current climate 😅 everyone is "triggered" or "outraged" about the smallest things and then more people jump in the wagon to follow. I want things like this but I understand for the devs it's not even worth the headache.

Just the other day I saw gammers trying to boycott a new indie game for something an npc said that was meant to be a lighthearted joke. People went deep into history relating it to real life issues from hundreds of years ago sooooo.....
    Yeah no bullies for us 😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    When I watched LilSimsie's clips, it looked very much like her Sim was bullied. It was because she had the social awkwardness trait. It makes it difficult to make friends, so it looks like everyone is being mean when they reject your friendly overtures. So if someone wants to simulate bullying, it can be done.