The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will mods EVER come to console?

I thought that the devs mentioned that they would bring modding to console eventually. What happened to that?

Comments

• SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    On EA answers you can find a thread about this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/FAQ-Sims-4-Console-Mods-and-CC/td-p/9863256

I'm also a console player and I think that there is a lot of possibilities to implement CC for us. A good example is Farming Simulator with their free mod pack:

original?v=v2&px=-1
  • MariaaLopez01MariaaLopez01 Posts: 17 Member
    > @Sthenastia said:
    > On EA answers you can find a thread about this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/FAQ-Sims-4-Console-Mods-and-CC/td-p/9863256
    >
    > I'm also a console player and I think that there is a lot of possibilities to implement CC for us. A good example is Farming Simulator with their free mod pack:

It really is possible, GTA has been modded since the beginning. They're just lazy which is unfair as we're also paying for a service which isn't being delivered
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    > @Sthenastia said:
    > On EA answers you can find a thread about this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/FAQ-Sims-4-Console-Mods-and-CC/td-p/9863256
    >
    > I'm also a console player and I think that there is a lot of possibilities to implement CC for us. A good example is Farming Simulator with their free mod pack:

It really is possible, GTA has been modded since the beginning. They're just lazy which is unfair as we're also paying for a service which isn't being delivered

Gta doesn't allow console mods fyi, but the PC version mods look awesome
  • AmericanSassAmericanSass Posts: 9 New Member
    Is there anyway to submit a suggestion on mods for consoles?? I've seen so many I'd like but I don't have it on computer and have spent SO MUCH money on Sims4 PS4 lol. If I'd known you couldn't do mods on console I woulda invested and been investing on PC Please change this Sims creators!! Sincerely, Console Simmers everywhere.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2023
    It's not so much being lazy as it is that, you know, Mods aren't EA content and the Sims team isn't big enough.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    So mods on console are up to the console makers; not the game makers. PlayStation, Xbox, Switch etc would have to allow those mods on their product.

So if you see a game on console has mods, that’s because they got permission from that console company to do that.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
    So mods on console are up to the console makers; not the game makers. PlayStation, Xbox, Switch etc would have to allow those mods on their product.

So if you see a game on console has mods, that’s because they got permission from that console company to do that.

You might wanna check dates on threads these are months old lol they’ll give you a warning for necroing
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member

In fact, and to clarify all, you are correct when say are up to console makers
    But just neeed allow users view the filesystem (file explorer) to Maxis make mods management like at PC (a folder with our mods and CC) then users download mods at that folder
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

You might wanna check dates on threads these are months old lol they’ll give you a warning for necroing

This thread is not a year old yet. I thought it had to be a year old?
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(