Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Murphy list - What could possibly go wrong? High School edition

DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
Based on the trailers and early access there are several things which I think will definitely go wrong unless the developer were very careful when implementing them.

1. Fire Drills becoming vampire BBQs.
Fire drills force all sims to go outside and wait till they are counted/talked to by firemen. That happens in full daylight and when the class is large say bye bye to vampire sims.

2. Rampaging werewolfs beating up teachers. And you get penalized for it.
While werewolfs beating up teachers might not be seen as a bad thing, I fear this will disrupt the class schedule and you not receiving credits for attending class (Celebrities might have a similar effect). And when werewolfs send sims inside a classroom running those that leave the classroom will certainly get detention, not the werewolf.

3. Social Bunny becoming the next take photos of, just supercharged
If you want to instantly build relation and romance you do not even interact with or spend any time with other sims. Just pause the game, open Social Bunny, send 20+ friendly and romantic messages and unpause. Instant relation.

4. Thrifting becoming one of, if not the most profitable profession.
Forget painting, create 30 cheap outfits, sell them for 10k each and with enough followers and a little RNG some of them will sell each day. Who needs real work when you can simply resell the real work of others?

Do you have any things which you think will go horribly wrong after release?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2022
    Here are my guesses:

1. Everyone will use the phone while walking.
    There seems to be a new animation that sims are using the phone while walking, and from what I have seen from videos it seems that both teens and young adults are using it.

2. New chance cards and messages that sims want to invite you to prom etc. will be very random and confusing.
    From what I have seen in videos, the pack will add new messages and chance cards that is supposed to add gameplay, but it seems to happen at random. I have seen messages showing up when the player have done something completely different like attending class.

3. Everyone will wear your thrift store outfits.
    From what I have seen in videos, sims like townies seem to wear your outfits that you are creating, regardless of gender.

4. Thrift store outfits will override your own outfits.
    This can be seen in other content creator's videos where their sims are wearing their created thrift store outfits instead of the outfit they were supposed to wear as sleepwear etc.

5. The game will create new random townie teens every time you visit school.
    This is a big fear of mine because I want the game to use my existing sims, but the game have a nasty habit of just creating new townies all the time for every occasion. In James Turner's recent video the game created teens with gray hair.

6. Graduation will not work.
    From what I have heard, graduation was bugged when content creators were playing it.

7. Teens will have less free time because of repetitive events.
    Prom every week and it seems like there are teens inviting you to things all the time and the high school seems to organize events all the time as well, it seems like you are going to have to start declining a lot of things if you want to have some free time when playing teens... and while that might be fine for most players, some events that I have seen doesn't seem to offer that much variety.

Hopefully I am wrong.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited July 2022
    Fortunately, rampaging werewolves still can't beat up teachers (the "teens can't fight adults" rule still applies), but skipping class can still be a possibility.

I'll add another thing to the list.

Fears are only from the base game and HSY expansion. Older packs won't add more fears.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    1. Alien Teens erasing everyone's memory autonomously, screwing up classes and social lives.
    2. Not mixing well with vampires at all. So much happens during the daylight...
    3. Vomit-inducingly happy T.V. high school experience.
    4. It gets boring after one or two playthroughs of the active school feature because it's the same old thing each time.
    5. The phases and moods from "Parenthood" end up conflicting with features of the pack really badly.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Things are already going wrong.

Sometimes sims can't ride the ferris wheel and tunnel of love together because of routing failures.

Sometimes pictures from photobooths won't go into sims inventory.

The prom has a lot of roast chickens. That's mostly all you get.

Sometimes sims can't get a romantic picture together in the photobooth at the fairgrounds cause of routing failures.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2022
    logion wrote: »
    Here are my guesses:

1. Everyone will use the phone while walking.
    There seems to be a new animation that sims are using the phone while walking, and from what I have seen from videos it seems that both teens and young adults are using it.

2. New chance cards and messages that sims want to invite you to prom etc. will be very random and confusing.
    From what I have seen in videos, the pack will add new messages and chance cards that is supposed to add gameplay, but it seems to happen at random. I have seen messages showing up when the player have done something completely different like attending class.

3. Everyone will wear your thrift store outfits.
    From what I have seen in videos, sims like townies seem to wear your outfits that you are creating, regardless of gender.

4. Thrift store outfits will override your own outfits.
    This can be seen in other content creator's videos where their sims are wearing their created thrift store outfits instead of the outfit they were supposed to wear as sleepwear etc.

This is a big fear of mine because I want the game to use my existing sims, but the game have a nasty habit of just creating new townies all the time for every occasion. In James Turner's recent video the game created teens with gray hair.

6. Graduation will not work.
    From what I have heard, graduation was bugged when content creators were playing it.

7. Teens will have less free time because of repetitive events.
    Prom every week and it seems like there are teens inviting you to things all the time and the high school seems to organize events all the time as well, it seems like you are going to have to start declining a lot of things if you want to have some free time when playing teens... and while that might be fine for most players, some events that I have seen doesn't seem to offer that much variety.

Hopefully I am wrong.

I think Number 1 will have to be tuned in an update cause a sim was on her phone at the same time she did a prom proposal in one of the game changers video.
  • blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    I'd like to point out that @Darren 's No. 1 is pretty much Not There if vampire has the correct traits to negate the effects of the sun.

Technically, some of these issues would be resolved by using the "adjustments" [cheats] for needs and such... Who needs sleep after all? =P

I'm sure there will be other things...

Werewolves suddenly going full on rage mode in class for example....
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited July 2022

this.
    I don't even care how randomized townies look i just want to end them spawning completely i don't care if that means my sim goes to school alone if theres no other teens just give me toggle to end the spawnage of randomized townie
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    To my point 4, plumbella made a video about how she earned 10 million with thrifting in 6 days. And 5 days were played normally with only 100% markups. If she forced it she probably could have earned 10 million in 2-3 days...
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Dead Vampire Teens. I'm planning to pack-prep by cheating my Vamp Teens protection from the sun just in case.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    EA could release a pre-patch with an age and a travelling bug that makes the game unplayable - oh wait... :#
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS