Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When moving into a new house, does the household keep the furniture and decorations?

Or do I have to put them in the inventory one by one?

Comments

• Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    Usually you get the popup option asking if you want to sell furniture or keep it.
  • Options
    AnisimAnisim Posts: 181 Member
    Does that include decorations too? sorry.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    It includes everything in the house. If you want to keep decorations e.g. paintings, you have to put them into the family's houshold inventory.
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    If you select "keep the furniture" when moving it sucks just about everything out of the house including toilets, kitchen cabinets, all the lights, etc, leaving the old house gutted and your household inventory bloated. I'd say it's best to selectively place the items you want to save in your inventory before moving. May be more of a rant than actually help, but hope it helps anyways.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I agree with the above poster. When moving, I usually take what furniture I consider important for the household with them and leave the rest behind. You don't take your counter tops/showers when you move! And I usually download full furnished homes from the Gallery so it's easier to just sell the rest and leave what I don't want with me behind.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!