Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What does your Newcrest look like?

124...Next

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    I'm adding a new character to Under The Tartosan Sun, Shantel Bridges who I introduced last night. I got to thinking where can I place an office for Liberty's boss in the secret agent career. Newcrest came to mind so this morning before for work I threw together a Newcrest built from lots I grabbed out of the gallery. I might tweak it later today or in the coming days. I'm happy with it for something I only spent 30 minutes on.🙂

L1SzIzV.png?1

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    @CK213 I know! I love it and is so glad I found it. It's plumbob's: https://www.patreon.com/20thCPlumbob
    @FatTribble23 If you haven't seen it yet, Plumbob has updated with a Willow Creek map as well.

Thanks, so much @JAL.
    I had to come back and thank you again.
    deco_newcrest.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2022
    I left Newcrest mostly empty on purpose so in the future I'll have room to grow if needed. I am planning on building at least two micro homes on the smaller lots.
    nUAh9Hv.png
    Park
    Outdoor movie theater! Since we can't really have drive-ins. I don't know how functional it is but I tried to keep weather in mind when building it.
    0LB7hZe.png

Museum
    For all things Science.
    5jgHuKU.png
    Mm6bj0r.png

Café

This lot functions as a café/library.
    gPRMOJM.png
    HJNqvJd.png

Gym
    3AqVgSO.png
    iAXtP0C.png

For the Museum, Café, and Gym I was inspired by some NC builds Lilsimsie put together. Instead of downloading hers and renovating them, I decided to build from the ground up. I liked the shape of her builds but I wanted different configurations.

I looked at a few drive-ins people have made (including DrGluon) and came up with more of an outdoor setting since the game lacks functional cars.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    edited July 2022
    Both Bridgeview and Llama Lagoon have a mix of traditional suburban homes and ultra modern ones...thanks to me pulling what was most popular off the Gallery. The largest lot on Llama Lagoon has a modern library on it and in the far corner of Bridgeview, Fern Park I believe the lot is called, I pulled this small run down bus stop as a park off of the Gallery. It has the Teen Hangout lot on it which is nice...if I actually remember Newcrest for my teens.

Ridgeline Drive is my dedicated venue area. From the top down I have a pool, a diner restaurant, an upscale bar, (and man is it hard finding bars that appealed to me on the gallery) a cafe and then finally a bowlling alley down at the largest one. Figured it had the space for it. I tend to go to the diner most of all, since well, I do like me a diner for eating out.

Otherwise, it's been real handy having Neighborhood Stories on so that people would actually move into and out of those homes. Wouldn't think of Newcrest much otherwise!
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member

Here's mine! Map overlay by 20th Century Plumbob (free).

Ashcrash19-Newcrest.png
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    My Newcrest is just commercial lots. Like movie theater, bowling aisle, arcade, night clubs and restaurants.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,031 Member
    Since the last patch, I've mostly been building and I wanted to share this last build I made for Newcrest. It's a townhouse for the Midtown Meadows lot, with retail stores on the ground floor and residential apartments as well as a self contained house with a back yard. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I even managed without using any cc.

AVvXsEj67Qs7pg8Ihbj1k1VVwxCQ59KdvAOhcutT3e7f8NTjIjO8mPgh5NKveSy6APBNW9FtkWfoVVH2f2Mh9_I8LWBzuKK2QQlQ2Autm1DjNOUE7ME84p4Xe0_t3KeNSgEwMGsQhZRBrSdNYaWOqM-fU8XdPvjq1vDJP8uq4rQjH2oa74BNQ008dzJiGaALzA=w640-h341

Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • lebgirl_18lebgirl_18 Posts: 142 Member
    I have yet to place builds on the lots but I put a bunch of random families that I created onto those lots so that I can see them in my game. I feel bad that they’re currently homeless though 😢
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,031 Member
    lebgirl_18 wrote: »
    I have yet to place builds on the lots but I put a bunch of random families that I created onto those lots so that I can see them in my game. I feel bad that they’re currently homeless though 😢

If you don't feel like building or downloading buildings from the gallery, you can use the shell buildings you find among the live edit objects as NPC homes. That way the families you put in those lots will have houses. I personally like the apartment buildings for NPCs, as I can stick them in those without consideration for families, and stuff them full with 8 sims per lot.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    edited August 2022
    This version of Newcrest is in my Under The Tartosan Sun Story. With Liberty in the secret agent career I wanted a place where I could stage some live action work scenes, basically office work and meetings. I couldn't make up my mind where to place the headquarters, then I got a vision of the Newcrest skyline and I knew I had my spot. Here is the result. Weirdly, I have move in enabled in NS and still nobody has moved into Newcrest other than my sim I placed there. S.I.M.S. director Shantel Bridges, who lives in Stately Southern Beauty, is the only resident of Newcrest. All of the lots in this build are gallery items.

Oz9firh.png?1

I found images of a gorgeous replacement map a while back from I think it was Sheyan but links to it aren't working so I'm still using the default as you can see.

Bridgeview-
    S.I.M.S. HQ - Modern Office Building by Jocelynclara original by alixparsons
    xcjLzS8.png

Left- Bamboo Wok by Silrosse
    Right - 24 Hours Newcrest Gym by Shifrasays
    BxHCOYG.png

Left - Unsymmetrical Arts Center by TheBuilderholic
    Right - Modern Coffee Shop by Simsimmer_1990
    aq5gNnV.png

Ridgeline Drive-
    Left - Durango Family Home by Smubuhcakes
    Middle - Split-Level Base Game by AvelineYT
    Right - The Dawkins by Silrosse
    9OdxVtz.png

Left - Large Family Traditional by McSimerson
    Right - Suburan Home by Sims4Jamie (The typo is important if you want to find this specific lot in the gallery)
    9gec0Gg.png

Llama Lagoon-
    Stately Southern Beauty by Grod4L
    bAogYQo.png

Spencer House by MagoSaggazzu
    WXNLQjN.png

Grey Water ll Two-in-one by Maracelume
    onfeyJU.png

Modern Suburbia by CyberdollYT
    Tc5vi2h.png

Impression by Kreatora
    eGbG566.png