Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Amazon Challenge (Updated For Sims 4) (Island Living Update!)

1293031323335...Next

Comments

• LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    edited July 2022
    Just started this and enjoying it! Playing it with the new werewolf pack. Currently working on writing the first chapter (photos already done) before sharing. Usually I write a more gameplay based writing but this will will have a story line.

Without spoiling to much, here is where I am at.

Luna/Lone Wolf/Creator - Cathwulf
    The Gatherer - Greta Laurent
    Servant - Waylon (deceased)
    Servant - Micah
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Luclylu wrote: »
    Just started this and enjoying it! Playing it with the new werewolf pack. Currently working on writing the first chapter (photos already done) before sharing. Usually I write a more gameplay based writing but this will will have a story line.

Without spoiling to much, here is where I am at.

Luna/Lone Wolf/Creator - Cathwulf
    The Gatherer - Greta Laurent
    Servant - Waylon (deceased)
    Servant - Micah

Excited to see it!
  • Tbay1297Tbay1297 Posts: 1 New Member
    Not to kinkshame or anything, but is this like a fetish? Like, with the males being slaves and what not, is it based on a femdom fantasy?
    Not trolling, serious question.
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited July 2022
    @Tbay1297

It's based on what could best be described as a historical myth. Glad you're not trolling, but I'm going to take your serious question seriously. So, with comics like Wonder Woman, there's a certain perception of Amazons as being these immortal women living on an island, but there's also the multiple sources of literature depicting them. The Amazons tip up in a bunch of places, and they're pretty much just created to be the opposite of what women at the time were. They really could have been based off of a real people that were seen and turned into a myth, but the understanding of them was actually depicted by men at the time. Shakespeare even wrote about them in a Midsummer Night's Dream, though only briefly, but they were mentioned in Hercules' labours, and the 'men being slaves' thing is something that turns up occasionally as part of the myth of the Amazon. It...tends to vary from writer to writer, honestly.

So, uh, yeah. It's actually not based on a woman's fantasy. Just some Greek and Roman guys trying to think of the most outlandish thing they could for shock value. It's an interesting thing, to be sure.

Edited to add: they did very likely see armoured women on horseback, something that would be fantastical to them. These women did not follow the customs that were then claimed by the writers. They were just from nomadic tribes! I encourage you to look into it, because it's pretty fascinating.
    I decided to revisit the Amazon challenge and finally able to share the first chapter. I've been enjoyed playing and writing a story line for it. The first chapter is now published but currently writing the second, which will be released on Fridays.

The History of the Ythyia Tribe - Link to the blog
    The Beginning - Link to the first chapter
    Yesterday I posted a new chapter! I had been sick so it was a week late but posts are normally every Friday.

A Sacrifice is Made - Chapter 2
    edited May 2023
    The History of the Ythyia Tribe
    Chapter three - Infringement within Ythyia
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    This has caught my attention...again. *bookmarks* :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file