March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tales of Camelot - 3.65: What you Truly Wish - Updated 21/02/2024

Comments

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    Sorry to hear that, @_sims_Yimi .

I agree, taking a break can be a good thing. I enjoy your story, but your mental health is much more important. Take all the time you need to heal and recover. I wish you well! :):)
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    @Sims4MagicalTales Thank you. 🙂

@Lucy_Henley Thank you for your kind words. Sometimes you just have to stop and sit with yourself for a bit. Camelot and I will be back after what's hopefully just a little while. 🤍
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    A small update on how things are going. There is cat spam at the end. 🤭
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    Cat spam is always appreciated!
    The second to last one of the kitties snuggling = <3<3<3 so cute!
    Glad to know you’re doing better. Keep taking what time you need.
    edited August 2022
    Cat spam is always appreciated!
    The second to last one of the kitties snuggling = <3<3<3 so cute!
    Glad to know you’re doing better. Keep taking what time you need.

There is never enough cat spam 😁
    Thank you! I will. Those two getting along as well as they do has been such a blessing. Normally cats take a while to get used to each other, if they like each other at all, but on day 3 they were already playing with each other under the door. Day 4, they were on the couch together. 🥰
    Glad to know you're doing better. :smile:

Thank you 🙂 shouldn't be too long now. Then to catch up on the mountain of simlit that has lied untouched... 😆

So, renovating is surprisingly fun! Maybe I should get that dream home decorator pack, after all. And then just turn everything medieval-y. 🤣

But really. They’re loads of fun to do, so I think I’ll keep casually sharing them until I’ve regained all motivation to write 😊
    I did the church today. It’s supposed to be its own building, but for ages it was just slapped on to the castle as I had nowhere else to put it. I finally cleared some room by getting rid of some houses (sorry, Burt and Barden! You’ll get a bed in the basement, I swear. Probably. Most likely.) and made a thing.

Before:

lVAFi6A.jpg
    DgUXLvF.jpg

After:

XuxEkF7.jpg

Jacoban church, you are now there! The outside is… bleh. I’m not good with building shells. It’s the inside that matters most though, right?

EorEjUG.jpg

I think I did pretty well on the inside. 😊 The ceiling bits will be stone during actual picture-taking, of course, and-

HhTZNn2.jpg

“Yes! Yes! YESSSS!”

abJRQBS.jpg

Agravaine?!

“FINALLY! After praying for all these months! A proper church set! Oh, the discomfort I have suffered in that shoddy cardboard copy of a mass hall! Finally, my impeccable acting will have a proper background!”

EtdVjrf.jpg

… Are you crying?

“Nonsense. There’s *sniff*… just something in my eye…”

Right.

Gq03vdd.jpg

“Tell me we’re shooting in here, Watcher!”

We are.

“Soon?!”

Yes, but-

“MARVELOUS! Now hurry along and drag yourself out of that funk. Chop-chop. I cannot wait to display my talents in here!”

Did… did you not read your script for this arc? Aggro, you won’t like what-

DMcCy7U.jpg

Aaaand he walked out to pee. Well. Darn.

Eh, he’ll find out on his own eventually.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Made use of @SnowBnuuy 's character interview questions (there's a lot! If you're stuck on parts of your sim's personality, trailing through character questions sometimes brings our parts of them that you hadn't thought of before 😊). I used Arthur to try and get back into writing headspace. The result can be found here, for those who are interested. It's mostly gibberish. 😆

Also, more room renovations! Woo! I'm actually genuinely proud of some of these. You can find them below, with the usual [Before-After]!
    Main Hall
    R5pMGe3.jpg
    WRBkxVa.jpg

Lounge
    of4KZ3G.jpg
    5NebdiA.jpg

Upstairs hall
    BMeBXmS.jpg
    zJvQ3Hq.jpg

Hall to King's Chambers
    qUVYire.jpg
    j3NcuRI.jpg

Uther's Chambers
    UrsqeJd.jpg
    FrMHoy0.jpg

Garden
    sDelozd.jpg
    kEySE57.jpg
    TuLOXWW.jpg
    kGDEkc6.jpg

I might have some actual content for you guys soon. Maybe. If my to-read simlit mountain doesn't swallow me whole first. No promises. 😗
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited August 2022
    @_sims_Yimi awesome!
    I don’t know why Arthur was annoyed about you bringing up his dancing fails. Surely he must realise you do that kind of thing fairly often? :D:D

I love what you’ve done with the castle. It looks amazing!
    @Lucy_Henley Thank you!
    Haha, you'd think that by now they'd be used to me messing with them like that, yes. I'm not going to stop doing that for a long time to come 🤭

Those Jacoban taxes worked wonders! Never mind improving on the actual town - aaaaaalllll of that gold went into the castle 😆 or at least, that's the canon explanation that I'm giving it in my head, haha. Fingers crossed that the place is still somewhat recognisable later.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Gueeeeessssssss what! 😁

I'm back!

Sorta!

Kind of!

Okay, so publishing chapters will be according to schedule "fickle", but that's par for the course. I really am back, though 😄 there's a mountain of simlit to catch up on, too. That one is equal parts daunting and exciting. I hope you're all doing well!

Right. What else was there? Oh, right. The book. I hope you enjoy!

qsgii1j.jpg

J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited September 2022
    I promised this one wouldn't take too long, so without further ado. Here it is 😊

OgIG3mu.jpg

Thank you, @mercuryfoam , @FeroshaCoutora , @SnuffyBucket , @SnowBnuuy , for providing me with pictures to use. And thank you all for connecting with me through this story. It means more to me than you’ll ever know. 💖
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    I enjoyed this chapter! Glad that Morgana found her true home!

Thank you! I'm sure she is glad, too 😄
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Morgana and Morgause are so pretty!
    Although it’s great that she found her true home, I’m sure on some level that it’s tough for her to leave behind all she knows.
    edited September 2022
    They really are. That whole family came out out the sim-lottery looking ridiculously handsome and pretty 😆
    Definitely. Being forced to float between two places that you want to belong to, and being torn between what you know, and what could be, is hard for anyone. We'll see how she holds up.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hi, all! I'm at it again. Every time I think "this is it, there's nothing left to re-make", a new thing pops up. Chapter is 2/3rds screenshotted but I got a little side-tracked 🤭 For those who like them, there's another before-and-after in the spoiler below! For those who don't, have some cat tax below that, instead. For the people who hate cats... eh, I've got nothing for you, then 😆

Camelot Throne Room

Before:

09-28-22-2-56-31-PM.jpg

After:

09-28-22-2-50-45-PM.jpg
    09-28-22-2-32-34-PM.jpg
    09-28-22-3-02-17-PM.jpg
    09-28-22-3-02-26-PM.jpg

Cates.jpg

See you at the next one!

J6AKQqX.jpg
    Cats are always welcome! What are their names?

I haven’t been able to play for a bit since I’m away on holiday, so I’m itching to get back to my game.
    Cats are always welcome! What are their names?

I haven’t been able to play for a bit since I’m away on holiday, so I’m itching to get back to my game.

All the cats! Mine are called Noah (right) and Nailah (left). We lost Noah's brother a few months back and recently adopted Nailah to keep him company. She is ridiculously mischievous. 😆 Do you have any? Feel free to throw in your own cat tax, if you have them. I love seeing cats 😁

Oooh enjoy your holiday! I hope you're somewhere sunny with good weather! I'll have two weeks of holiday starting next week, too. So much time for writing, there will be 🤩
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    The cats are so adorable!

They are! :mrgreen: I was cooking chicken there. They would. Not. Move. Until the whole dish was finished and they got food, too 😂
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited September 2022
    Oh hang on, I feel like you mentioned their names previously :D:D The grey one in particular is like “OOH CHICKEN GIMME SOME” :D:D:D

I have guinea pigs myself. Currently I have Nutmeg and Clover, who are about six months old or so. I tried to upload a photo but I’m on my phone and it wasn’t working properly, and anyway this is your story thread so it feels a little intrusive :D Once I’m back on my PC, I’ll upload a photo on the Parker Saga thread. I haven’t updated on there for four months but I’m ready for a new chapter! I’ve also decided to re-write one.
    edited September 2022
    @Lucy_Henley I have! Heh, they're my pride and joy so they're bound to have shown up in comments in the past, lol. Still can't have my chicken though. That's all mine 🐓

They sound adorable! Feel free to share them here, I love seeing pictures of people's pets 😊 otherwise I'll hop over to the Parker saga and take a look later. Might do that anyway if you're planning to upload a new chapter, ooh! It's been a while since we've seen them around on the forums 😄
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi Yeah, it’s been an embarrassingly long time since I updated them… :#:D But I’m back with them, so yay!
    edited October 2022
    @_sims_Yimi I fully updated the thread! No 'new' chapter yet, though.

Also, guinea pig photo (under spoiler cos it's huge, I should've resized it :D ) :
    wwWhUZi.jpg

Nutmeg is the ginger/white one on the left, and Clover is the black one on the right. Nutmeg is a bit braver, but Clover is definitely louder. If you rustle *any* kind of plastic bag, she squeaks VERY loudly because she thinks it's food :D I was cleaning their cage tonight and was opening out a binbag... cue super excited guinea pig noises.