Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LORE ALERT! ELIZA HAS SURNAME

SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
Okay so sims team just dropped this
(well yesterday it appears)
and now Geoffrey and Eliza have surnames

FYM4hjLWQAgx6eq?format=jpg&name=large

I can't believe she has been Hastings all along

unfortunately this also totally kills the vibe of my pancakes story because goodness if eliza went to school with nancy she surely cant be having her sons kids can she oh this is awkward now
⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free

Comments

• Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    Eliza's maiden name in my game is Pines because she and Erwin are siblings so I have to pretend I didn't see that lol
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I think my multiple timeline errors have reached point where extreme corrections must be made

this however will be super conflicted because root cause is my legacy family that doesnt give flying 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about timelines

I almost feel like I have to start new save to get all of this corrected
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Heh, that's pretty awesome. According to my games though Mortimer is much older than Bella. (classic Goths) Maybe he was a lit teacher at school. Oooo, the drama :o
  • Options
    okay new save wasnt gonna work so now modifying existing save :sunglasses:
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Yeah, it’s cool but I figure there are significant age differences between some of those characters…
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited July 2022
    I think the big news here is it's clear Nancy had a nose job when she got access to the Landgraab family fortune. Also, kudos on them for sticking to the lore that Geoffrey took her last name and not the other way around, could've easily seen them make Geoffrey Landgraab and Nancy Osteer.

In the Sims 3 in the Landgraab family description it says Geoffrey took Nancy’s name. Glad they kept that.

Nancy would definitely have had a nose job.

I would love to see how Bob and Eliza got married. She seems so active and he’s very laidback. 🤔😂🤷🏼‍♂️.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited July 2022
    This is cool!! Their english names are better. (Yeah, in the French version for some reason Bella and Mortimer are called Sonia and Vladimir Gothik, and the Landgraabs are called the Plenozas, a pun on a slang expression for « loaded »).

Also are they the same age ? To me, Mortimer, Bella, Nancy and Geoffrey are older than Bob and Eliza.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yeah I love stuff like that. I'm glad they didn't mix anything up too, like Bella's maiden name being Bachelor and Nancy being Landgraab by blood rather than Geoffrey. Glad they paid attention. :tongue:

Also, mentioned it in another thread, it's funny to me that they gave Eliza and Geoffrey such normal surnames next to the rest of the iconic, not so common surnames.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,839 Member
    I always pictured Mortimer using that name as an alias. It sounds suspiciously made up in this day and age. It's 'use by' date was like 2 centuries ago. Occasionally I make him a vampire and then the name feels less out of date, him being centuries old in that case. If I was him as soon as I was old enough I would be changing my name, sorry mom and dad.
  • Options
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Yeah I love stuff like that. I'm glad they didn't mix anything up too, like Bella's maiden name being Bachelor and Nancy being Landgraab by blood rather than Geoffrey. Glad they paid attention. :tongue:

Also, mentioned it in another thread, it's funny to me that they gave Eliza and Geoffrey such normal surnames next to the rest of the iconic, not so common surnames.

hastings just makes me think of the chap in hercule poirot :lol:
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I always pictured Mortimer using that name as an alias. It sounds suspiciously made up in this day and age. It's 'use by' date was like 2 centuries ago. Occasionally I make him a vampire and then the name feels less out of date, him being centuries old in that case. If I was him as soon as I was old enough I would be changing my name, sorry mom and dad.
    Considering his mother's maiden name is Crumplebottom (Agnes is his mother's sister), I actually think he lucked out.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I think the big news here is it's clear Nancy had a nose job when she got access to the Landgraab family fortune. Also, kudos on them for sticking to the lore that Geoffrey took her last name and not the other way around, could've easily seen them make Geoffrey Landgraab and Nancy Osteer.

Oh, I hope this means we are going to get plastic surgery in the game so we can change our sims physical features, without using cheats…… keeping my fingers crossed for this for the future!!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    @Dianesims Yeah I don't think they were after precision with the age thing. Nancy and Geoffrey start the game as Adults, while the Pancakes start as Young Adults.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,839 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Considering his mother's maiden name is Crumplebottom (Agnes is his mother's sister), I actually think he lucked out.

I never knew that. I never paid a lot of attention to the premades lore. I sort of know it, but mostly I make up backstories to fit the bigger story I'm telling.

That would certainly explain the old fashioned name.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited July 2022
    Doesn't make a lot of sense when looking at their ages or even with the way the pack is designed with "gen z" trendy livestreaming teens but hey, still a pretty cool picture.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I suppose funny but I make my sim's history and I'm using her right now all though her having Nancy's grandson still amuses me.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Starting Pancakes and Landgraabs all over in my save
    malcolm is again teen with no kids, well obviously if he is teen :lol:

unfortunately for Bob he is again stuck with Eliza
    He will yet again break free, in another way :lol:
    but hey at least this way Iggy actually exists wooo
    just hang in there my lad it'll be okay I promise

I decided to undo whatever my legacy family did and make it so they never existed to repair timeline
    its all neat and corrected this way except for the part where I had them involved in my vlad story
    so yeah, that might be a strange wrinkle in the save

also Bjergsens are resurrected as without my legacy family they would have never died
    yes, evil walks the earth again...

I think I will involve them in my windenburg story once I get to it
    but I do need to find placement for horrible modern house now
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    They may not necessarily be the same age, it could just be a composite picture of all their year group photos. Or just a representation of what they looked like in school.
    I’ve not come across the name Osteer before. I tried googling it and not much came up, google thought I meant “austere”. Maybe it’s the name of someone in the Sims team or one of their relatives.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    They may not necessarily be the same age, it could just be a composite picture of all their year group photos. Or just a representation of what they looked like in school.
    I’ve not come across the name Osteer before. I tried googling it and not much came up, google thought I meant “austere”. Maybe it’s the name of someone in the Sims team or one of their relatives.

Yes, this! Like a reporter writing a piece on the new high school decided to include shots of some of the town citizens' year book photos as a human interest angle.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member

It's likely intentionally alluding to "austere." Austere can mean plain or devoid of luxury; as a foil to Nancy and marrying into the luxurious landgraab family.
  • Options
    @BlueR0se That makes sense actually.

I think Geoffrey looks kinda cute in a geeky way. And it’s nice the way he thanked his mom.
    That photo of Nancy isn’t very flattering haha. It’s not the nose so much as the expression on her face. She looks like she’s about to sneeze!
  • Options
    blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    Never thought Mortimer would be creatively inclined.... But then I havent played him much either.
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited July 2022
    Makes me wonder how the heck Eliza ended up falling for Bob to begin with. She seems to be the straight A student who has her stuff together and he...he's that slacker who skated by with straight C's and called it good. How much juice and bubble blowing went into greasing the wheels of that relationship...?

Also...young Eliza looks kind of like LilSimzie to me...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    blaq797 wrote: »
    Never thought Mortimer would be creatively inclined.... But then I havent played him much either.

In The Sims 3 he had the Artistic trait. And in Sims 4 he’s Creative and in the Writer career. Interesting how he has different careers in different games. Obviously he starts off as a child in Sims 3 and could go into any career.