Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Issue - Objects are loading in black

I recently purchased and downloaded Lucky Palms, and when I load into the world, random objects were seemingly pitch black. I eventually realized that once I edit the item in Create a Style, it will return to it's normal, brighter color, but that is too much of a hassle to do to hundred of items in the world. I have Master controller and tried to reset everything but that didn't do anything. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    clue1234floclue1234flo Posts: 59 Member
    Adding on to this: I am now experiencing the "Materializing Materials" issue when going into Create a Style. I do have CC in my game but the black objects issue is still present. I have made sure I didn't have any patterns installed anywhere and also repaired my game in origin, deleted my cache, replaced my resource.cfg file, and the issue is still there. I had this problem occur a few days ago and seemingly fixed the issue, and now it's returned after no new cc was added.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Have you tried moving the Mod folder, or even starting a fresh game folder to see if it still happens? I'm sorry I'm not much of help. Hopefully someone who knows what's going on replies to your thread.

Also does it only happen in Lucky Palms?
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Have you tried moving the Mod folder, or even starting a fresh game folder to see if it still happens? I'm sorry I'm not much of help. Hopefully someone who knows what's going on replies to your thread.

Also does it only happen in Lucky Palms?

Hi, I just saw this! I will test it out with a new folder and see what happens. All my previous saves are fine which are in different worlds, but I'll try opening a new save in another world to test it as well.
  • Options
    After a bit of a wait, I've removed all CC and Mods and made a brand new save in Lucky Palms, but the problem is still there. I took some screenshots of various lots in the world to show the issue.

hp2evux6hin9.png
    zf83q2xc48i3.png
    2lbs7hzpvap6.png
    427lae3j8gls.png