Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So excited for wants and fears system

2...Next

Comments

• JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I'm exited! I have always been a want based player where I let the wants of my sims guide my playing that sim, so this is a pleasant surprise. I am however a little sad they didn't include something like the aspirations meter in TS2 where the failure is very apparent and completing wants and fears have an actual impact on your sim.

I also prefer the look of wants (and fears for TS2) in the previous games as opposed to TS4 with the little bubbles around the sim image. I also am not really a fan of the fears being in the trait panel.

However, I am still thrilled we are getting an update. I just really really really hope they are adding wants and fears for ALL packs and not just base game and High School Years, cuz that would just suck and be as 'non-desirable' as whims in my humble opinion.

If they are doing this thing they need to actually commit and do it! Give us wants and fears that are proper, maybe a sim fear becoming a vampire or seeing a werewolf whereas another one (maybe with a vamp aspiration (since we don't have many traits to influence occult wants in sims) could have a want to transform or meet one etc.

A family sim should want to have kids (wish for a boy or girl, maybe a want for twins etc) and get married, maybe adopt, get engaged etc and not "forget" they are married and wish to get married to their partner again after having done so. Maybe wanting to take a day of work to spend time with kids (if any in the household) etc.

A genius sim might like playing chess, with friends or practice by himself, get a career as an engineer (University), create a servo, go to uni, maybe even have a specific subject in mind.

A bookworm might want to read x number of books as a long term goal, maybe some of them could want to write an excellent book (would be even better in connection with a bookworm sim that has the writer aspiration (forgot the name of it) AND if we have Get famous they could want to win an award for their book. They could want to spend time at the library, want to read a fantasy book (or a romance book if they are romantic) if they are at uni they might want to read the text book etc.

A music loving sim could want to write songs, master an instrument or several, sing x number of songs, create own songs if having Get famous, win an award, sing karaoke, serenade a partner etc.

A loves outdoors sim could want to catch a fish, garden, grow a cowplant, become a plant sim, plant a specific plant, graft, craft a planter etc.

Now obviously the emotional traits are harder, like goofball or hot-headed or cheerful. A goofball could want to tell x jokes, write jokes, do stand up, complete a comedy routine, a cheerful sim could want to brighten day, give sims gifts, do things related to other traits they have (since that should make them happy) etc.

I hope romantic sims will have more wants like TS2 romantic sims had. Same with fears.

Now I understand this is probably more than we are getting but not unobtainable. So instead of maybe giving it to us half-🐸🐸🐸🐸, then ignore it and then abandon it (like whims) they could say this is the beginning and we will continually add new wants and fears with both smaller updates and sometimes added to the bigger bugfixes etc.
    That way people won't be to annoyed if they don't have wants specific for all traits (and packs). Like an atletics sims should have the possibility to want to play basketball or soccer if we have those packs (maybe fear losing a basketball game etc). Not just base game and HSY sports.

I'm worried that the actual consequences of the fulfilment of wants and fears is just an emotion like someone else has mentioned, like tense for x hours for fears and happy x hrs for fulfilling a want. I'm also worried that fears will be repetitive and boring since they seem to be all (or mostly) long term, like what happened with shorter ones? Like burning food, getting broken up with, someone dying etc. Not all sims care about grades, graduating and education.

If the wants and fears will stay connected to the reward store I hope they actually spend some time on that and make sure to add new traits, things and potions as new packs gets released (or even just patch in little things every now and then like they do with clothes and furniture), that way you have something to work for.

Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I'm happy wants and fears are coming to the game, as they really made TS2 juicy! I hope there are some actual penalties for fears coming true, though. Without the TS2 aspiration meter, there is a danger this feature will end up being just as shallow as whims were if there are no real consequences beside another flippin' moodlet, though. Also, I hope they don't have my werewolf sims constantly rolling a want to be cured. It's bad enough they had the nerve to add an aspiration that revolves around that sad-sack cure garbage...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I've noticed both sims in lilsimsie's LP had a fear of unfulfilled dreams. Is this what happens when you ignore their wants? Because if so, I like it very much. Of course it's not the same as TS2 aspiration failure, but it is still neat. I hope it's not random.