Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Firefighter Career

SuperSillySimSuperSillySim Posts: 132 Member
edited July 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Does anyone else really wish they would bring back the firefighter career?

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Yes!

Speaking to this point. Last night, Rohan caught on fire while starting the dryer. His family was happy that a group of neighbors came and put it out and received a moodlet that said something like 'glad the fire brigade saved my life.' The fire brigade???

And as a side note, these neighbors made it all the way through the house and down the stairs to the fire before the sprinklers even went off!
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member

And as a side note, these neighbors made it all the way through the house and down the stairs to the fire before the sprinklers even went off!

sprinklers?! i've not seen sprinklers?! or is that because it was in the basement?
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member

sprinklers?! i've not seen sprinklers?! or is that because it was in the basement?

I think they were added with Seasons. In the alarm section, you can buy the fire alarm, thermostat and/or sprinkler system.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Yeah, firefighter and paramedic both would be great additions to careers from a story telling point of view. Those Firefighter uniforms are too cool to only show up once in a while.
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Yes, and firefighter calendars and a usable fire-pole (good for descending stairs and for pole-dancing)
  • Options
    RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    Here's a slight approximation to the firefighter career: I hardly ever have my sims wear the firefighter outfit, but I had an Erratic sim wear it and it made him feel confident/fireproof, which was adorable! It's possible/likely that it could give any sim a confident moodlet, but it seemed like such a good fit for him, I only remembered to have him wear it, so didn't test with others.
  • Options
    ChicherinoChicherino Posts: 118 Member
    Absolutely yes! Back when I was playing The Sims Freeplay, I had a firefighter Sim who I've been hoping to recreate in TS4, but it's tough since the career hasn't been added yet. The best I can do is say "he's struggling to find a job as a firefighter" in his bio, so it would be great to have a resolution to this story if we had the career added to the game! :)
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited July 2022
    We already have the outfits, we already have all necessary animations and routing, and we really don't have or need the truck because of the nature of TS4, so why not? Very little would need to be added as all of it is already base-game anyway, so it would be base game. It could even be set up as a sort of volunteer thing.

Paramedics/EMTs are often treated as the base level for the doctor career--but it's largely a separate career (except in places like Germany and France where doctors are a key part of the EMS systems). I nearly joined the volunteer rescue squad here before it got absorbed into a county-wide career EMS system, but later decided against it. I've been considering still getting my Emergency Medical Responder (more skills than first aid, and just under EMT) certificate. I think it would be a great add-on to Get to Work, as the complete lack of an Emergency Department or EMS; or real time-sensitive medical emergencies for that matter bug me.
  • Options
    TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    Absolutely. It was my favourite career in TS3. I miss it so much. :-(
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    The Sims game should not exist without Firefighter active career.

Save people is never boring.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Definitely! I loved the firefighter career in Sims 3!