Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whatever happen to my second favorite music?

12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
First it was not in Dine Out, then City Living, then Get Famous, then Discover University, and then The Sims’ anniversary starting from 2019-2022, then My Wedding Stories, then the release is of 2 kits back in May 2022, and finally High School Years. R&B! R&B if you’re popular like the rest of the existing radio stations in the base game or content packs, please come back! Cause me and the black simmers are mostly fan of you!

Y’all!! It’s been 8 years since you haven’t been added to The Sims 4. In the decade between late 2010s (2016-2019) and early 2020s (2020-2023), a lot of pop songs are still being added a lot since there are no songs that all African Americans all listen to.

Let us stand together, and bring back my R&B radio station to The Sims 4, so I don’t want any comments on my post if he, she, or they are not in the good mood.

List of songs that needed to be re-recorded in Simlish
Leela James - Complicated
India Shawn - Not Too Deep (featuring 6LACK)
Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open
Beyonce - Plastic off the Sofa
Giveon - Lie Again
Chris Brown - W.E. (Warm Embrace)
Post edited by 12JEREMIA on

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I hope you get it! I know you've been asking for it a long, long time!
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I never tried it myself, but can't we add own songs to the soundtrack?
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I hope you get it! I know you've been asking for it a long, long time!
    I hope so, but I don't know what contents will the next and final roadmap of 2022 will feature. And if it features more kits without a stuff pack or an expansion pack, my career will soon be over until I'm no longer talking about radio stations again.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I never tried it myself, but can't we add own songs to the soundtrack?

We can but its very buggy.
    *sighing* I better stick around with this, cause I need to know what the last roadmap of 2022 for The Sims 4 will be
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    I hope so, but I don't know what contents will the next and final roadmap of 2022 will feature. And if it features more kits without a stuff pack or an expansion pack, my career will soon be over until I'm no longer talking about radio stations again.
    Wait, the next roadmap if the final one of the year?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    Gordy wrote: »
    Wait, the next roadmap if the final one of the year?
    After High School Years expansion and two kits for next month and September, yes! I just want a music expansion, a mysterious stuff pack, and a refresh for a content pack. This better have my second favorite music, or else...
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Can't you just make your own station if you want R&B so much? There's a feature in the games files to make your own stations, and some of the older games had Simlish R&B tracks so you can just download those and make a station for it
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Can't you just make your own station if you want R&B so much? There's a feature in the games files to make your own stations, and some of the older games had Simlish R&B tracks so you can just download those and make a station for it

You can't make a custom station (unless there's a mod for it; I don't know if there are any) but you can add custom tracks to any or all of the existing stations. It's not the same as a new station, but it's better than nothing. I use a lot of custom tracks, myself. However, it's probably only particularly useful to people who already have a collection of MP3s they'd want to hear playing at times on the game's radios.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    edited July 2022
    VeeDub wrote: »

You can't make a custom station (unless there's a mod for it; I don't know if there are any) but you can add custom tracks to any or all of the existing stations. It's not the same as a new station, but it's better than nothing. I use a lot of custom tracks, myself. However, it's probably only particularly useful to people who already have a collection of MP3s they'd want to hear playing at times on the game's radios.

Well y'all! There is a custom radio station I have found in ModTheSims, y'all can find it created by SashaT1804. And there's also a radio station generator at Patreon
    OK! That does it, I must wait until the radio station generator thing will be released in public on Patreon for The Sims 4
    Y'all! The patch will be coming at 26th which is Tuesday, so...
    It is too disappointed that we'll never get an R&B radio station this roadmap, so I must cross my fingers and find out if my R&B station will come back at Fall with no multiple kits, because 2022 will never be over yet
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    It is too disappointed that we'll never get an R&B radio station this roadmap, so I must cross my fingers and find out if my R&B station will come back at Fall with no multiple kits, because 2022 will never be over yet

Yo I hope you get it cuz the obsession is real lol geez 😂

Yo I hope you get it cuz the obsession is real lol geez 😂
    I know! But somebody better tell me how long will this radio station come after the upcoming expansion pack and two kits
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    What era of R&B music do you want to listen to in the Sims? Any particular R&B artist you would want?

The era between the decades of late 2010s and early 2020s that contains more 90s/early 2000s nostalgia. I just want Silk Sonic, Joyce Wrice, Leela James, etc.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I really hope you do get your RnB station. You've certainly been waiting long enough. I'm just trying to think of a possible pack theme that it could realistically come in. Generations I think if we get such a pack in Sims 4 could be a real possibility. But I'm trying to think of other themes that would match RnB nicely. I mean Cottagecore made sense for Cottage Living as did Japanese Folk for Snowy Escape based on their themes. Basegame is always an option too of course though if it weren't to come in a pack.

I got my Werewolves this year which means I will definitely lend my support to others "big wishes" for TS4.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited July 2022
    We got the R&B radio station in Sims 3 Pets, we should‘ve gotten it by the time Cats & Dogs released... But still no R&B radio station. Hopefully in the next Expansion Pack there will be a R&B radio station
    a256aFi.gif
    Y'all! I was wondering if the song that needs to be re-recorded in Simlish is "Plastic off the Sofa" by Beyonce. After the album was released last month on July, R&B radio station will be coming soon as I'm still waiting for the developers to give me my second favorite music back this year
    We got the R&B radio station in Sims 3 Pets, we should‘ve gotten it by the time Cats & Dogs released... But still no R&B radio station. Hopefully in the next Expansion Pack there will be a R&B radio station

And Freezer, the R&B needs to be in the base game like how pop and hip hop are the only radio stations that exist in the base game
    They keep the best for the end :p
    I know

But my question is...
    What is the difference between Romance and R&B? Cause R&B is not alternatively known as Romance. R&B should be the only diverse station that needs to come back as soon as I'm seeing the hints for the upcoming expansion pack posted by a random simmer.
    I've been a fan of African American music in like 23 years ago, because after hip hop station already came to the base game from Get Famous, R&B has be the next African American music station that all black simmers and African Simericans, Black SimCanadians, and Black SimBritish sims all love just because they listen to Simlish-language songs by famous hip hop and R&B musicians such as, Soulja Boy, Thutmose, Beau Young Prince, IV Jay, etc.

So that's why Romance is not R&B, just cause Romance is not my type of favorite music I like when it contains elements of love-themed folk, soul, and pop ballad music. Period
    edited August 2022
    Also thanks to @KathMHughes , we all see hints to see anything musical for The Sims 4 like this...

https://twitter.com/KathplaysSims/status/1555589407670804481

This'll be my last last chance for me to get my R&B music back before 2022 will be over
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Also thanks to @KathMHughes , we all see hints to see anything musical for The Sims 4 like this...

This'll be my last last chance for me to get my R&B music back before 2022 will be over

Hey my man, what type of music would an R&B station contain....it is a wide net to cast. Picture that in Simglish. A lot of mainstream hip hop and r&b today has more of a pop feel.

For an R&b station, where would you begin? Chris Brown or Sza? Lol both have hip hop feels.
    edited August 2022

Hey my man, what type of music would an R&B station contain....it is a wide net to cast. Picture that in Simglish. A lot of mainstream hip hop and r&b today has more of a pop feel.

For an R&b station, where would you begin? Chris Brown or Sza? Lol both have hip hop feels.
    I know you ask me some dang questions, but OK here we go!

1. While The Sims 4 is still in an active development, like The Sims 2, R&B station will contain classic/90s/early 2000s slow jam R&B and soul music elements rather than it would sounded like 70s/80s/early 90s-inspired hip hop, pop, dance, new jack swing, soul, and contemporary R&B music in The Sims 3 Pets.

2. The only R&B musicians I've been thinking about that needed to be re-recorded in Simlish is... Chris Brown, then Joyce Wrice, Beyonce, and more.