Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sculpting an Inventor

blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
edited July 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So, I was just playing Sims 3 and it happened that I again wondered why Sims 4 does not have Scupting or Inventor per say in the game...

I know we've got aspects of both in S4; woodwork and robot making, but honestly, I find ice sculpting to be very interesting and miss that aspect. Being able to make one's own furniture is an interesting idea and I wonder why they decided on not going the full sculptor route.

Anyone agree or have insight as to why the full sculpting career is not yet present once again in Sims 4?

I just feel that Sims 4 sculpting would look really awesome... And Inventing would round out more science as well...

In some aspects I think they went too much science in Sims 3 and kinda got scared to do so much science for Sims 4, not sure why, but they did....
Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    I think, and I could be wrong, that they want each Sims game to be its own. Like, they want it to be unique. I like the idea but at the same time, I do miss a lot that we had in Sims 3. One thing was swatch sharing. You could take the pattern of a couch and put that as tour shirt if you wanted. Or the material of a bed and add that to the police car you just stole. So much fun and interesting ideas with Sims 3 swatches.

It could also be a marketing strategy. If Sims 4 was a continuation of Sims 3, people wouldn't have a reason to buy Sims 3.

So yeah, there are many ways to speculate but at the end of the day, it's all we can do, which really gets us nowhere.
  • Options
    In some aspects, I agree, but Sims 4 has such an improved engine in some aspects that I would love to see a ice sculpture in the Del Sol Valley sunset [or other sunny world] ... Yeah, speculation station is always crowded... End of the day, we have whats there...
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Yeah and I do live what we have, warts and all. 😃
  • Options
    In some regards, it could be said that Sims 3 was the game that overshot its goal... Just taking the amount of content they released for sims 3 itself, none of the mods, just the content and store stuff; they basically broke their own game by putting so much in that the game engine couldn't handle it... I'm using no mods with Sims 3 and my game is lagging persistently and consistently...

I think that's why they've been so cautious about adding new trait slots or new traits for Sims 4. Even if we may not like the approach theyre taking, when looking back, its understandable why they take such a route... With traits, worlds/maps, styles, etc. We may not like the approach, but we can understand why it was done.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    edited July 2022
    I miss sculpting, too, and I think it could have been done differently in TS4 to avoid copying TS3. Like, I always wanted a way to sculpt a statue of my Mayor other prominent citizens, either to honor them by placing their statue/torso in a park or in front of a public building, or to decorate a family grave. There might be more uses of a personal sculpture, too. For obvious reasons this would need to be done in stone, not ice. I can already hear Judith Ward claiming a statue of herself being placed in the Ward Park ;)

I hope sculpting like this might come with a Kit. Shouldn't be that hard to program as the shape of each sim is already defined and texture would be set. Aaand - unless something freaky should happen to statues once a year, there would be very few animations involved, too.

PS: Also the Scientist career (GTW) has a touch of Inventor.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg