Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New plants you’d like to see

I would like some more common plants with recipes……all of these would be great for use with the simple living lot trait.

Orange tree,
….make orange juice, perhaps even have a juicer appliance.

Corn
……. Be able to make corn on the cob with it, cornmeal for corn bread, corn tortillas ( for various Mexican recipes ), canned corn (HOB) Corn could be used in taco casserole recipe, and a tamale recipe. Could have a little electric or hand held or electric grinder for the corn to make corn meal ( and wheat flower, and oats (below) ). Also corn could replace other vegetable in the simple living lot trait.

I know there is a mod for corn, but that doesn’t help us who don’t or can’t use mods, and corn is so versatile an ingredient.

Pinto Beans
…….. I know we already have chili, but there are other bean recipe’s for the stove. I make a pot of beans, with garlic, onions and sometimes stewed tomatoes and cilantro, and serve it with cornbread. Could also have refried bean recipe. It could replace any other vegetable in the simple living lot trait too.

Wheat
………make your own flour for bread, cakes etc.
( Could include the grinder like mentioned above as a new appliance), another food that horses can eat too.

Oats
…….. make your own oatmeal, the recipe could have oats, milk, and some type of berry or banana. Could use in the oatmeal cookie recipe. (Again another use for a grinder above). Also could be used for horse food if we get horses.

Hay
…….. could be use to make a variety of hay bales ( to sit on, place items on etc. ), make scarecrows, and Halloween arrangements And again could be used to feed horses. I know there is a hay bale you can buy in HOB, but it would be nice to have a variety of them.

Rice
……. Could be used with many Oriental, Mexican, and American food dishes could be used to make the rice cakes, or rice crispies too.

Comments

• Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Sugar cane. I mean, where do you get sugar in Cottage Living, other than the store?

Trees you can cut down for wood on the woodworking table.

Omni plant from Sims 3.

More magical plants.

Bamboo for crafting.

Magical trees for making wands and brooms.

Life fruit from Sims 3.

Maple trees for syrup.

Grain for making bread.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,034 Member
    I love the idea of more plants, corn is a great idea as there are so many things you can do with it. I would love more plants and things to do with them. What I'd like even more are plants that looks more realistic, and behave like they do in life - ie. no banana trees in snowy countries outside of greenhouses.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited July 2022
    Peach trees, plum trees, and almond trees are at the top of my list. I'd want to be able to make almond milk.

Tartosa would have been the perfect opportunity to add olive trees, figs, and/or orange trees, but I don't know if there will be another good opportunity.

Corn, for sure. Wheat and sugar cane would be alright, too.

I would like to see canning recipes added for more of the fruits we have in game already, including elderberries, as well as any new ones that might be added.

If we get nectarmaking (and we had better get nectarmaking eventually), I'd like to see more varieties of vines, like we had in TS3, not just "grapes."

More herbs: cilantro and rosemary would be a good start.
    I miss the smaller plasma fruit plants, you could put those in a pot. Very useful for the vampire that didn't want to be discovered.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Spider-plants! Cucumber plants!

Big topiary!
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    A tree house kids can use and sleep in like in sims3 but that's an object as it doesn't grow or need care.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would like to see more terrarium plants together and separate with lights or just decor or by itself.
    Banana tree, oranges, grapefruit, cantaloupe, cauliflower, broccoli, celery, cabbage, plum, mango, kiwi, tangerine.
    I would like to water the yard. With either sprinkler or water hose.
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I like all of the suggestions thus far. I'd also like flax to make linseed oil & cloth, cotton (also to make cloth/thread/yarn), mulberries (which are good for silkworms), reeds (which can grow by water) for making thatch/straw (I've been playing Medieval Dynasty and harvesting tons of reeds), sugar beets, cactus pear (the plants that grow them can also be used to make faux leather-- aka cactus leather), rubber tree to harvest rubber, durian, & dragonfruit.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,380 Member
    I'd like some protea flower arrangements.

IWY805.jpg

64bb7ac72f6d4c78852876c182d5652a.jpg
    If not sugar cane, can we at least have sweet corn?
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sweet corn would be awesome. I used to grow it and it was delicious. Another bonus of corn is you can make popcorn.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    There needs to be the old ground plants fixed first because this has been a problem since 2018.
    Then maybe some new plants afterwards like corn fields.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i would add to that list petunias (purple,pink,red and white)k7m5j1A.jpg and marygolds orange and yellow qQWeVlP.jpg
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(