March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should Zombies Make A Return?

124...Next

Comments

• Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yes, but I would prefer something like TS2 zombies over whatever happened with TS3's zombies. Rising from the ground and eating plants? No. Rather have the sim, thanks.

You have me very curious, now. I never played 2, what were the zombies like?
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Yes, but I would prefer something like TS2 zombies over whatever happened with TS3's zombies. Rising from the ground and eating plants? No. Rather have the sim, thanks.

You have me very curious, now. I never played 2, what were the zombies like?

They were Sims. They had a slow gait, dragged one foot behind, and couldn't get pregnant without cheats. Gray skin, nothing falling off though, and normal clothes/hair. They could do anything any sim could do.
    Ahah! I just completely outsmarted TS3's lunatics! Just live in an apartment at Bridgeport. Nothing seems to even spook ya! Man, the zombies def need to be redone.
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 292 Member
    edited July 2022
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Zombies are definitely not everyone's cup of tea, I think if they do come back they are zombies with a bit of intelligence
    Did vote no, not necessarily because Zombies not my cup of tea, enjoy playing night of the dead and other zombie games. But mostly think it's not going to transition well into sims 4, with all this happy street vibes and nothing can really be very scary. I just don't see how zombies would work well in that setting and not just be something like strangerville that we already got.

Boo. :p I would ditch Strangerville for this.
    Think you're missing what I am saying, I think idea of something even if its contained or optionally contained area with something like walking dead post apocolyptic outbreak, I definitely enjoy doing that or having that. Just don't believe it's going to be the approach or what we will get if Maxis team give us zombies, think it will be more something goofy and very kids friendly, judging from how they implemented content into sims 4 so far.

It's not going to be dark and gritty Zombie stuff with PG12: Video games that show violence of a slightly more
    graphic nature towards fantasy characters or nonrealistic violence towards human-like characters
    would fall in this age category.
  • dpbowiedpbowie Posts: 5 New Member
    YES PLEASE
    edited July 2022
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Zombies are definitely not everyone's cup of tea, I think if they do come back they are zombies with a bit of intelligence
    Did vote no, not necessarily because Zombies not my cup of tea, enjoy playing night of the dead and other zombie games. But mostly think it's not going to transition well into sims 4, with all this happy street vibes and nothing can really be very scary. I just don't see how zombies would work well in that setting and not just be something like strangerville that we already got.

Boo. :p I would ditch Strangerville for this.
    Think you're missing what I am saying, I think idea of something even if its contained or optionally contained area with something like walking dead post apocolyptic outbreak, I definitely enjoy doing that or having that. Just don't believe it's going to be the approach or what we will get if Maxis team give us zombies, think it will be more something goofy and very kids friendly, judging from how they implemented content into sims 4 so far.

It's not going to be dark and gritty Zombie stuff with PG12: Video games that show violence of a slightly more
    graphic nature towards fantasy characters or nonrealistic violence towards human-like characters
    would fall in this age category.

I know what you're saying, actually. This is why we have mods.

IDK why EA isn't getting the memo, though, when Extreme Violence became so popular. Allo, we want to have the option of having some gritty content? Let's make zombies that actually eat brains. Sacrificial has a mod like this.

BTW, Sacrificial has a good mod on this.
    Post edited by Gamer_34567544 on
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    This makes me want to use my white warlock in sims2 to make a zombie! I really don't like the ones in sims3, they're annoying
    I spend every full moon night inside with the doors locked listening to their gross sounds and waiting for them to go back underground.

I wouldn't want those who want them not to have them though, but in sims4 you know they would be made somehow cutesy.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    I want zombies that aren't cute or anything. Like, actual zombies lol. With High school pack, maybe I can play All of Us are dead lol should be quite fun.
    I said it once, I'll say it again.

Sac-ri-fi-cial - M-o-d-s.

It's a mod based on a scary game that they have... Resident Evil or something. If EA won't do it, the modders either has or will.

So, basically you can set any Sim to be a zombie, a survivor, or some monster to be the injector, don't remember what it's called. The game gets pretty wild.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member

It's a mod based on a scary game that they have... Resident Evil or something. If EA won't do it, the modders either has or will.

So, basically you can set any Sim to be a zombie, a survivor, or some monster to be the injector, don't remember what it's called. The game gets pretty wild.

Not every simmer has access to mods
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I personally have zero interest in zombies. If other people want them then I won't complain, but I find them boring. Zombie movies are entertaining but I don't see how it could enhance gameplay in a way that I would enjoy. To each their own though.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I want zombies that aren't cute or anything. Like, actual zombies lol. With High school pack, maybe I can play All of Us are dead lol should be quite fun.

Yesssss!!! All of us are dead!!!😁😁😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I've tried it but there were aspects I didn't like enough to keep it. And things get out of control too fast and all your sims end up zombies or dead lol. And I don't like killing sims.
    Plus EA does it better 😉 I want zombies made by the sims team!
    There's still a chance we could get them! But I believe more popular occults would most likely come first.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(