Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculated Future Packs / Refresh

I know we all have shared our opinions on wonderful ideas for protentional packs and features. After seeing the new HSY pack it got me thinking more about future packs and features.

Bands / Instruments / Music
I like many others have posted about this before but I can see a game pack being created specially for music / instruments. I think they will add trumpets, drums, flutes, saxophones, cello etc. and allow for bands to be made. I think they should also update the singing skill and add different types. I can see a small city like world with bars & lounges and the premade sim being in some type of band. It would be cool if this allowed other packs (HSY & University) to have after school band practice and a marching band. Great feature for Get Famous.

Sports
I think a sports game pack could be made. I do not see them adding a world to this but many new features. Sports would add functional and competitive such as cricket, football ,tennis, ballet/dance, track & field, basketball, baseball etc. I can see new jobs being coaches, assistant couches and a huge update to gyms and maybe a new lot type like a sporting arena. They could add new skills that match the sport and maybe fade over time when not practicing.
For the packs mentioned above the age group kids and older would be able to play music & sports.

Fitness Refresh- I personally think that exercise equipment such as barbells, kettlebell, elliptical machine, stationary bicycle, exercise balls, and jump ropes and different types of headphones should have been added.

Get To Work Refresh
C'mon now for those that have it we know GTW needs an extensive update. I think this update would be mainly focused on rebuilding Magnolia Promenade make the lab, hospital and police station accessible from the map and make the sickness system realistic. Add more deaths and a realistic illness and injury system. Oh your sim went for a jog and fell hard, go to the hospital and see if its broken. Your sim got sick at school go the hospital for a prescription. An active burglar career would be a great add for the criminal career - they get caught robbing a business or house they go to jail.

Outdoor Retreat Refresh
I do not have this pack. But if they would refresh it by updating the map with more lots and a camp option I would consider it. There would be a summer camp one for teens and kids and a new camp counselor career. After all those The Quarry videos I watch I think this refresh and were wolves would work great together. New and current features would include story telling, campfires, beading, mud courses, hiking, bird houses, bow and arrows etc.

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited July 2022
    Get to Work's retail system. It's a complete disaster. Not only is it vastly inferior than Sims 2's version, it's basically unplayable. It takes too long to get sales, every conversation becomes a group conversation, employees are flawed (they can be worthless, or get trapped in group conversations), point gains are so slow, and very few of the perks are actually good. And on top of all that, you're barely making any money unless you jack up the prices to ridiculous degrees (so it takes longer to get sims to buy things.) You can't even open it and have it run while you're off the lot, so you have to leave your sim there. Having a store to visit is fine, but you're just wasting your time if you're actively trying to run it. Using a sales table is much faster, easier, and gets you money much quicker.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Photography and Baking were introduced in this pack. Yet because photos and baked goods make very little money, running a photo gallery or bakery is a huge pain.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    How about animating some of the debug objects, so sims can interact with them. It would have been nice to see sims practice kicking a field goal or running track.. Seeing the reuse of the motel from Get Famous in Copperdale was disappointing. I want apartments in that space. The world's be looking so pretty but Sims can't really interact with it. I think there is a movie theater building that people thought would be a rabbit hole.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would want a GTW refresh so sick Sims go to the hospital, the alien world to have something cool in it. Burglars so cops can have a realistic arrest.
  • Vines12Vines12 Posts: 100 Member
    edited July 2022
    @SnaveXs That would be great. I think adding real animations to ALOT of items would be a good update as well. I saw in HSY sims cant even sit on the bleachers. I was shocked to see the alarm clocks still not be functional. I was even hoping sims would wear a backpack / bag for the school day but of course not.
    I think their is a movie theater in Oasis Springs and we literally have movie hangout :/. A lot of packs and existing items have potential but its like the focus is just decoration and aesthetics
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    GTW definitely need a refresh. The CAS is so poor and too simple. Same for BB. I would like to see more aspirations and traits related to career and money. And aliens. Do something with them because right now they are useless and boring. Oh - and HIDE THIS ALIEN MAKEUP!! It’s so annoying to me!
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    GTW and HSY.
    The former ignores a lot of life gameplay associated with it, and the latter strayed from the school theme and turned it into fashion and livestream.
  • ksimmiesksimmies Posts: 77 Member
    Bands - A city world with music venues around. Different instruments like saxophone, cello, bass. You can create a band with a name and tour the different worlds.

Dating pack - A Paris inspired world. Online dating, group dates, fun new date activities in the city, revamp dining experience for dates.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    I agree Aliens look more like Star Trek characters and there isn't much to pursue with them in general. More abilities, more threat related gameplay regarding them and an aspiration set would be cool.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    A childhood GP - coming with a baby update, a daycare for toddlers and more acitvities for children and families. Also there was "growing pains" mentioned in one of the surveys 2020/2021 - we didn't get that yet, it's not in the newest High School EP.

I would love to have active school for children too, so I hope there will be a mod for that (I know Zerbu's Go to School Mod, but the new High School expierience is much better and I'd like something similar for children).
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    edited July 2022
    my wish is for a / Music/Sports like a hobbies pack like think The Sims 2: FreeTime witch more after school clubs and maybe going movies and ARCADE
  • ThirteenCatzThirteenCatz Posts: 9 New Member
    I would love to have a zombie apocalypse pack, or a time travel pack, that can go to the future and medievil times, that would kill two birds with one stone
    gamercat wrote: »
    my wish is for a / Music/Sports like a hobbies pack like think The Sims 2: FreeTime witch more after school clubs and maybe going movies and ARCADE

An arcade would be cool and a movie theater with new movies added with movie posters
    ksimmies wrote: »
    Bands - A city world with music venues around. Different instruments like saxophone, cello, bass. You can create a band with a name and tour the different worlds.

Dating pack - A Paris inspired world. Online dating, group dates, fun new date activities in the city, revamp dining experience for dates.

Online dating app would be cool. Swipe left and right on npcs... it would work well with the new attraction system cmon devs.
  • KbobsterKbobster Posts: 155 Member
    I want a band expansion pack. Yes, a whole big ole' expansion pack! Because I want so many things involved in it that we've never seen before! Like different genres! So we can have sax and trumpets. So, if you want to read some of what I'd like in it, I will continue down below.

How the Band expansion pack would be:
    1.It would be a full expansion pack with 3-4 new CAS styles: grunge, 70's rocker, classic jazz singer, and hip hop (or punk, or new wave, or emo, 80s, but just keep the grunge, 70s rocker, and classic 20s-40s jazz)

highlight CAS items: a Billie Holiday hair flower under hats
    more unisex long hair, think Jerry Cantrell or Pearl Jam. (ooh, and Dave Mustaine)
    Plain Leather jacket in different colors (no studs no print)
    and more swatches, including alligator skin Newsboy hat (70s rock)
    if you do emo, have a fitted t-shirt with striped undershirt sleeves.

2. Instruments:
    electric guitar (including a flying V or 1 with a lot of stickers on it)
    stand-up bass
    bass guitar (this is more important. Remember, bass guitars have 4 tuners (knobs), and ppl can just read to see if it is a 4-string bass or 6 string guitar) as a bassist, I am tired of seeing my sims rocking out with someone with a 300 lb wooden behemoth
    Drum kit
    Possible saxophone and trumpet and flute

3. game play:
    Sims can play these instruments "play alone" or "jam with..."
    Other new commands will be: "perform with...(perform song with...)
    A cool new feature will be the option for solo during "jam with..." and it will work like when a Sim is swimming and can do an additional action like "splash...". So, while the sims are jamming, you can click on the Sim you want to have a solo and they will do the solo. (The game can have like 2 pre-sets per jamming/practice and per song arrangement the game already has. the expansion pack can come up with more genres to preform, too). Every instrument and skill level after 1 can solo. And if the Sims' skill level is high enough (like 3-4) performing a solo gives a new confident/focused moodlet "wicked solo" or whatever you want to call it) and those who heard it can have a happy or energized moodlet ("from hearing wicked solo") or whatever that mood is when Sims hear a genre they like. Hearing a poorly performed solo can have negative moodlet or bored moodlet and the Sim who played it can have the typical Embarrassed moodlet ("lame solo")

Other game play includes, old Sims 3 actions like "ask to join" "Name band" and sims can find gigs at weddings, bars, etc. There can be rabbit hole gigs and in-person gigs. Gigs at the park, the beach.
    Maybe a whole new world/neighborhood that has more bars and concert halls for Sim Bands to perform. There can be a coupla residential lots, but maybe it can just be like Magnolia Promenade where it focuses on Public Lots and like 2 empty lots. So, you can add a house if you want or make your own venue. Sims and Sim Bands can perform at a venue whenever you want and play for tips. But you have to be invited to play a gig and get paid the big bucks for that. Maybe after busking publicly, that makes it easier to get invited to play a gig. Oh! and a new festival at this Neighborhood can be like Lalapalooza or Battle of the Bands. The festival has a stage and food stalls and merch stall and busking stations. And you can win the prize just like in Geeks and humour/hijinks festivals. My sims never win those contests, so I don't know how to win. But it's basically the same idea. You can get a prize by performing a song (alone or with band). This festival will be so cool.

Oh! And the houses in the neighborhood can have garages, I know we don't have working cars. But a garage band? Come on.

For those of you made it to the end of this presentation, what would you add or take out? I would add nachos.
    edited July 2022
    an arcade would be cool and a movie theater with new movies added with movie posters yes and half price day's like children can get there ticket chaper on Saturday teens Friday night ect also maybe and Shopping Malls witch sale's
    Post edited by gamercat on
  • KbobsterKbobster Posts: 155 Member
    gamercat wrote: »

An arcade would be cool and a movie theater with new movies added with movie posters

I also want the horror channel back. I miss when my sims would watch horror television on rainy days or full moons! Now they just watch action and I pretend.
    edited July 2022
    I wood also love to have a vacation pack like Road Trips Hotels and bed and Breakfast and mabey a summer camp for kids and teens you could Visit and own tourist attractions like how in the tv show gravity falls they had the mystery Mystery Shack or Turning Red had the temple basally places to see
    Post edited by gamercat on
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I had a great time with the Jungle Pack, Stranger Ville and Batuu.

More adventures please!!
  • JALJAL Posts: 999 Member
    I would hope GTW or Dine Out got refreshes, as I feel these two are the packs that needs it the most. I also agree that making things interactable would be a huge step in the right direction.

As for EP all I want now is hotels. It feels lacking.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
    I would hope GTW or Dine Out got refreshes, as I feel these two are the packs that needs it the most. I also agree that making things interactable would be a huge step in the right direction

me if I could pick any pack to get a refresh it would be GTW because I would love to see better shopping esapaly witch Trendi
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    Kbobster wrote: »
    I want a band expansion pack. Yes, a whole big ole' expansion pack! Because I want so many things involved in it that we've never seen before! Like different genres! So we can have sax and trumpets. So, if you want to read some of what I'd like in it, I will continue down below.

How the Band expansion pack would be:
    1.It would be a full expansion pack with 3-4 new CAS styles: grunge, 70's rocker, classic jazz singer, and hip hop (or punk, or new wave, or emo, 80s, but just keep the grunge, 70s rocker, and classic 20s-40s jazz)

highlight CAS items: a Billie Holiday hair flower under hats
    more unisex long hair, think Jerry Cantrell or Pearl Jam. (ooh, and Dave Mustaine)
    Plain Leather jacket in different colors (no studs no print)
    and more swatches, including alligator skin Newsboy hat (70s rock)
    if you do emo, have a fitted t-shirt with striped undershirt sleeves.

2. Instruments:
    electric guitar (including a flying V or 1 with a lot of stickers on it)
    stand-up bass
    bass guitar (this is more important. Remember, bass guitars have 4 tuners (knobs), and ppl can just read to see if it is a 4-string bass or 6 string guitar) as a bassist, I am tired of seeing my sims rocking out with someone with a 300 lb wooden behemoth
    Drum kit
    Possible saxophone and trumpet and flute

3. game play:
    Sims can play these instruments "play alone" or "jam with..."
    Other new commands will be: "perform with...(perform song with...)
    A cool new feature will be the option for solo during "jam with..." and it will work like when a Sim is swimming and can do an additional action like "splash...". So, while the sims are jamming, you can click on the Sim you want to have a solo and they will do the solo. (The game can have like 2 pre-sets per jamming/practice and per song arrangement the game already has. the expansion pack can come up with more genres to preform, too). Every instrument and skill level after 1 can solo. And if the Sims' skill level is high enough (like 3-4) performing a solo gives a new confident/focused moodlet "wicked solo" or whatever you want to call it) and those who heard it can have a happy or energized moodlet ("from hearing wicked solo") or whatever that mood is when Sims hear a genre they like. Hearing a poorly performed solo can have negative moodlet or bored moodlet and the Sim who played it can have the typical Embarrassed moodlet ("lame solo")

Other game play includes, old Sims 3 actions like "ask to join" "Name band" and sims can find gigs at weddings, bars, etc. There can be rabbit hole gigs and in-person gigs. Gigs at the park, the beach.
    Maybe a whole new world/neighborhood that has more bars and concert halls for Sim Bands to perform. There can be a coupla residential lots, but maybe it can just be like Magnolia Promenade where it focuses on Public Lots and like 2 empty lots. So, you can add a house if you want or make your own venue. Sims and Sim Bands can perform at a venue whenever you want and play for tips. But you have to be invited to play a gig and get paid the big bucks for that. Maybe after busking publicly, that makes it easier to get invited to play a gig. Oh! and a new festival at this Neighborhood can be like Lalapalooza or Battle of the Bands. The festival has a stage and food stalls and merch stall and busking stations. And you can win the prize just like in Geeks and humour/hijinks festivals. My sims never win those contests, so I don't know how to win. But it's basically the same idea. You can get a prize by performing a song (alone or with band). This festival will be so cool.

Oh! And the houses in the neighborhood can have garages, I know we don't have working cars. But a garage band? Come on.

For those of you made it to the end of this presentation, what would you add or take out? I would add nachos.

I need this in my liiiiiife! *dances*
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    1. I think that GTW needs a refresh too. The main thing I would like to see is a retail overhaul.

I think we should have a simple clothing lot trait, like the simple living (for food ) lot trait we got in cottage Living, only for clothing with GTW. Sims on the lot using the trait would have to buy a piece of clothing, jewelry, etc. to use it, other than the initial outfits they start out with when they move to the lot ( outfits should be transferred if they move to another lot ). I love the simple living trait in Cottage living.

The retail system should be like Dine Out where we can set up a business without owning it first. As it is I need to give premade sims funds to start a business, have to download people with level 10 cooking and gourmet cooking that have passed the cooking aspiration (so food doesn’t spoil while being at the store)…… it shouldn’t be this hard when I only want my sims to be able to go to the store and buy, not run a business.

There should be produce bins for vegetables, herbs, and fruit. And they should always be full with all types of produce we have from all the other packs we own, the amount of each shouldn’t be limited, or at least make it a limit of 99.

Let our sims use cash registers rather than tablets when checking people out

We should have a few lots on sixam that sims can live in, or be used for commercial/community lots.

It would be nice if we could visit the hospital, and have our sims looked at and pick up a prescription

We should be able to visit the jail and file a complaint. The burglar idea would be great with this pack and sent jail if caught in time.

Give us a few more lots at Magnolia promenade.

2. Outdoor retreat could use a bit of an update.

Make the coolers fillable ( and food last long as it does in a fridge. Make it where we can fill it with produce, conserves and jams (cottage living), items of food we buy or order (cottage living), plates of food from the fridge, stove of grill, or bought from a store.

We should be able to cook on campfires like on a grill, especially fish that have been caught.

Special camps would be cute for our children sims especially. But if we had a child’s camp I would want it to be active where sims could practice new skills, stay in tents or log huts. I like the OP’s idea of beading (hopefully it could be made in to jewelry to wear). Also, there are insects to catch, an interaction could be added to show each other what they caught (insects and frogs). I think they should add feeding insects and frogs to give children responsibility from the parenting pack (but no deaths if they are not fed).

Thinking of camps and children, I think a family type volleyball for up to 8 sims (children through elder), should be added.

You can actually already tell stories around the campfire, and you may see a ghost appear!

You can already hike in Outdoor Retreat, but they should make it where you can hike with others, and talk to them while hiking.

Also because you can only go to Granite falls while on vacation, they should change it where all of the OR plants can be found and picked in any season, with it without seasons.

They should update if where you can swim (float on floaties boat, or zip ski ….from Sulani) in the lakes at Granite Falls

And why can’t Granite be found at Granite falls?

Before the refresh, in the free updates, I would like to see them make it where children can play together without toys, like playing tag, hide and seek, and group games like mother may I, or red light green light.

3. I’d like a Medieval Expansion pack with archery, hunting, horses, pottery making. Chopping down tree’s for wood. Old fashioned furniture, cooking in a fireplace or over a campfire, log cabin wall paper, dirt flooring, out houses, and wells water can be gotten from.

4. A Band pack would be nice where we can make our own bands to play together at lounges or concert venues. The instruments I would like to see added are drums, saxophones, trumpets and flutes. And some more various types of guitars.

5. I would like to see amusement parks added where you can see your sims on the rides, rollercoasters, children’s rides, a zip line, a free fall, a bull ride, roaring rapids ride, other water rides, a wave pool, booths for games, food booths, snow cone, cotton candy, Carmel and candied apples, funnel cakes, and a food booth with hot dogs, hamburgers, French fries, baked potatoes, large pickles, sodas etc.

6. And I want a generations expansion, probably more than most of the other packs I mentioned.. I want children to have bikes to ride, and children and teens be able to skateboard. toddlers to have trikes, and ride on toys. Elders to have bingo, shuffleboard, canes.etc.

Before the Generation's pack I want real babies that we can do things with, put in a stroller, a crib, a front or back pack or snugglie, lay on a blanket on a floor or a sofa. Put in a baby swing or under a baby gym. And please let sims sit to nurse or feed their baby from a bottle, and if you have nifty knitting, sit with the baby in a rocking chair.

• AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    🏒Ice Hockey, ⛸ Figure Skating and 🏩 Hotels would be fabulous to have in game
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Next EP : The Sims 4 Get Manly :p
    Excuse me?! What?! :s