The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Refresh thing still happening?

2...Next

Comments

• JALJAL Posts: 1,029 Member
    edited July 2022
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Dine Out needs bug fixes, not so much a refresh. Get to Work can use a refresh. It was one of the oldest packs for Sims 4 and they can add an active firefighter career, a separate police career from detectives and add burglars (unless they add them in base game).

Dine out needs both bug fixed and a refresh, there are so many missed opportunities with that pack:
    • Family restaurants where family members work together
    • Living on the same lot as your restaurant
    • New themes for restaurants with lots of new decor and/or recipes (french bistro, indian, chinese, mexican)
    • New tools for the kitchen (pizza oven, kebab grill, tandoori oven...)
    • New romantic interactions (holding hands across a table, playing footsie, proposing by kneeling next to someone sitting at the table)
    • New restaurant interactions (staff singing for birthday child, balloons on chairs for kids who have their birthdays, help with proposals through champagne glasses...)

Get to work also needs a refresh, and badly so, with additions to the retail part in particular. Things like setting up an NPC store directly from buildmode, adding more retail shelving and displays, adding things that can be set for sale immediately (repair parts, things for rock climbing, diving, skiing, snowboarding, flowers, seeds, fertilisers, groceries, medicine... basically anything you can buy through the computer). Browsing interactions, changing boots (that works as way to cas as well as whoohoo locations), a way to keep employees near their own cash register (so that they aren't suddenly in the bar or office above the store)... I could go on.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    Eleri wrote: »
    > @SnaveXs said:
    > I want scout gatherings to happen in Granite Falls. I tried to create a club gathering using scouts but I didn't see an option for it, probably because Granite Falls is considered a vacation spot. Some of my children sign up for scouts by themselves and I thought it would be nice to see them as townies in that world.

I've taken members of other households with me on vacation, so I think you can do that with the scouts. Make it a scouting weekend, instead of a shorter meetup. I don't know if it would require bringing a parent along, that might limit your numbers.

Yeah, I’m guessing if you have ‘Get Together’ you could do it by having a scout club, sending one of the scouts ( in the club ) and a parent on vacation and then starting a club meeting there. I have a place with 8 beds and activities in selvadorado to send scouts there, but I haven’t done it yet. I also have a scout facility above one of the karaoke bars in San Myshuno to have real meetings.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Probably not, they like to abandon things without prior warning and never successfully see something through to the end.

See: Stuff packs and Gameplay kits
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    Probably not, they like to abandon things without prior warning and never successfully see something through to the end.

See: Stuff packs and Gameplay kits
    So much truth in what you said.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    They said they would be updating old packs. But then again, they said we'd be getting Gameplay kits.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I hope there will continue to be refresh. I love mermaids, but I would love to have a refresh for them. (And I would welcome refreshes of other packs that can use refreshes as well.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    I hope so. Devs don't forget about us. I appreciated the refreshes thus far!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2022
    I'm so confused on what happened to them. The way they were originally talking I thought we were going to be getting refreshes semi-regularly, something like once every six months. At the moment even if there's a pack refresh on the next roadmap it'll be at minimum a year gap.

If they have cancelled them though I'll be incredibly disappointed, because a. compared to other packs Spa Day did not need a refresh. If that's the only pack that's getting one that was a total waste of resources which could've gone to packs that actually need it, and b. Dine Out came out over six years ago now. It's still broken, and it's still being sold broken. They're clearly not gonna dedicate enough resources to fix it in a regular patch, so a refresh is the only way we can hope to see it fixed. A modder has managed to fix most of the issues with this pack, so if they can do it it's pretty unacceptable the state it's still in.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    Dine Out needs bug fixes, not so much a refresh. Get to Work can use a refresh. It was one of the oldest packs for Sims 4 and they can add an active firefighter career, a separate police career from detectives and add burglars (unless they add them in base game).

Dine out needs both bug fixed and a refresh, there are so many missed opportunities with that pack:
    • New themes for restaurants with lots of new decor and/or recipes (french bistro, indian, chinese, mexican)
    • New romantic interactions (holding hands across a table, playing footsie, proposing by kneeling next to someone sitting at the table)
    • New restaurant interactions (staff singing for birthday child, balloons on chairs for kids who have their birthdays, help with proposals through champagne glasses...)

Get to work also needs a refresh, and badly so, with additions to the retail part in particular. Things like setting up an NPC store directly from buildmode, adding more retail shelving and displays, adding things that can be set for sale immediately (repair parts, things for rock climbing, diving, skiing, snowboarding, flowers, seeds, fertilisers, groceries, medicine... basically anything you can buy through the computer). Browsing interactions, changing boots (that works as way to cas as well as whoohoo locations), a way to keep employees near their own cash register (so that they aren't suddenly in the bar or office above the store)... I could go on.

Nah, just bug fixes. That is the real problem. I am way more worried about it not working properly or a refresh would be pointless.
  • Vines12Vines12 Posts: 100 Member
    I truly hope more packs get refreshed, I thought the spa day refresh got a lot of positive feedback.
    I see so much potential for Get To Work to have a refresh, I truly believe the developers see it to and can only hope its on their laundry list of things to do.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Let’s be honest here. Every pack needs a refresh.

I hope they aren’t stopping them - I would be heartbroken if they didn’t do any more!

Right there with ya.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Honestly, they should refresh the less popular ones IMO. There's a reason they're not popular.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Dine Out desperately needs bug fixes and a refresh, IMO.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    JAL wrote: »

I love the dine out ideas. I hope the devs truly read this and consider them. Your gtw suggestions would be great too. I would like bug fixes and expansion on non rabbit hole careers. I hope that they add more cool active jobs.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I would really like it if they went through the base game -and- packs to update the clunky and often times blocky large furniture, update the textures to bring them up to the beautiful quality of their more recent packs. I know that is a lot of work though so I don't expect it to happen any time soon or at all, for that matter. It would be nice though.
  • ThirteenCatz2ThirteenCatz2 Posts: 80 Member
    Id love a spellcaster refresh that adds spells for to turn sims into frog sims, and zombie potions!
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,107 Member
    I hope they're still happening! I hate when they tease us with something like that and then don't do it anymore. Stop dangling carrots! Lol.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    Vines12 wrote: »
    I truly hope more packs get refreshed, I thought the spa day refresh got a lot of positive feedback.
    I see so much potential for Get To Work to have a refresh, I truly believe the developers see it to and can only hope its on their laundry list of things to do.

Yes, I hope for a GTW refresh too.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    I like the refresh, was hoping for a few more, even if they were smaller than the Spa refresh. Maybe we got our hopes up too high, wishing for new worlds and careers etc, and a small thing would disappoints a lot simmers?

I don't recall when the Spa refresh did hit, but if it was in the early pandemic, perhaps this was easier to work with from home, than to work on brand new content.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I have a sneaking suspicion that they're in the process of throwing new and different ideas at the wall to see what sticks. Community voting hasnt been a thing for awhile, Sims Spark was a thing for a little while but no ones really talking about it anymore, we had one refresh with hints of more but we have yet to have confirmed news of anything. Now there's probably extenuating circumstances and yeah these arent directly related to one another, but its not like we're told much of anything unless there's new content on the horizon. So we're just left to speculate. I personally feel that refreshes was just another idea to help keep the series fresh and relevant, but someone up top said "no this is turning out stupid, scrap it."
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    They tend not to tease refreshes on the road map. Spa day wasnt hinted at in the roadmap. So we might get an announcement on September for all we know. Maybe next week?
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,592 Member
    edited September 2022
    Calico45 wrote: »
    It isn't off the table and they did introduce it as an entire concept, however it isn't a guarantee either. Long story short, no official comment.

It might have come down to a cost benefit analysis of how many additional units of Spa Day sold, and last I checked no one but EA/Maxis has those numbers.

This. Money talks and unfortunately we don't know the numbers on how Spa Day sold AFTER the refresh additions and whether the devs/ deemed it worth the investment or not.

Also, it's possible a lot of the resources have been spent in other places/updates instead. Neighborhood stories, pronoun/sexual orientation updates, etc. They may not be the same team who did the Spa Day refresh who worked on those updates but I imagine it's likely/possible.

Spa Day refresh was great, really hope we can get something similar again. But I don't know how realistic that would be.
  • CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    Since Sims 4 is going free to play, maybe there’s now a better chance of more refreshes. They’ll have to rely on DLC sales to get money from the free players, so they now have incentive to make DLC more appealing.