Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To Fellow LGBTQ+ Players, Do You Primarily Play LGBTQ+ coded Sims?

2...Next

Comments

• haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    With some of my sims I have a clear idea of whom they are attracted to, but most of my sims are open for romantic exploration unless they have found their lifelong partner or just aren't intersted in romance or sex. I don't think their sexual orientation much and they may change to any direction.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Yes
    I play a mix of both straight and gay/lesbian, but I do tend to have a lot more gay/lesbian couples.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Kinda, sorta, I dunno. I'm ace myself. I have characters who have had predetermined sexuality from the start, some I have intentionally roleplayed as "questioning", but for most sims it's just kinda fluid. Not exactly coding them one way or another for I'm not thinking their sexual orientation, just keeping options open till I may or may not decide how I want to go about it. So technically majority of my sims are lgbtqa+ but it's not like I put much conscious thought into it.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Yes
    Yeah! As a nonbinary ace person, I'm honestly a lot less likely to create cis hetero sims, but for in-game born sims I'll just let them grow up and go with whatever their vibe is. Sometimes, they're straight and that's fine too. But yeah. My main vampires are all ace. I also have gay sims, I have lesbian sims, I have pan and bi sims and a bunch of trans sims too.

Growing up mostly clueless, most of the sims I played in TS3 were just kinda presumed to be straight anyway, especially while I was playing a legacy, so I think I should be allowed to have more queer sims at this point. I'm done with the heteronormativity. Straight is just another orientation. I'm letting my sims be whatever.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    No
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    Yeah! As a nonbinary ace person, I'm honestly a lot less likely to create cis hetero sims, but for in-game born sims I'll just let them grow up and go with whatever their vibe is. Sometimes, they're straight and that's fine too. But yeah. My main vampires are all ace. I also have gay sims, I have lesbian sims, I have pan and bi sims and a bunch of trans sims too.

Growing up mostly clueless, most of the sims I played in TS3 were just kinda presumed to be straight anyway, especially while I was playing a legacy, so I think I should be allowed to have more queer sims at this point. I'm done with the heteronormativity. Straight is just another orientation. I'm letting my sims be whatever.

I agree with you and especially like this stance. But again, I would point out that heteronomativity is not a thing in the sims. Sims don't discriminate against any gender. Sims love the sims we teach them to love. The only gender restrictions are the ones we place on them. So if we let them "be whatever," then pansexuality is the normative.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Yes

I agree with you and especially like this stance. But again, I would point out that heteronomativity is not a thing in the sims. Sims don't discriminate against any gender. Sims love the sims we teach them to love. The only gender restrictions are the ones we place on them. So if we let them "be whatever," then pansexuality is the normative.

Yeah exactly, what I meant is that the heteronormativity thing was coming from myself, due to the way I was raised (mormon 😒😒😒). When straight relationships and nuclear families were presented as the only correct option, when I was an ace kid who didn't really care about relationships either way, I just literally didn't consider what other options there could be until much later?

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    No

Yeah exactly, what I meant is that the heteronormativity thing was coming from myself, due to the way I was raised (mormon 😒😒😒). When straight relationships and nuclear families were presented as the only correct option, when I was an ace kid who didn't really care about relationships either way, I just literally didn't consider what other options there could be until much later?

Yeah, I can relate.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    No
    My Sims aren't primarily LGBTQ or Geniuses, or Creative, or Mean, or Evil, or left-handed. Gender Preference is not at the top of my list in how my game runs.
  • LesleyALesleyA Posts: 30 Member
    Yes
    My game has total sim equality. All sims in my game are basically the same in that all look female and are only really distinguishable by their names, whether they stand while Pee'ing and their voices.
  • Jonathan777Jonathan777 Posts: 170 Member
    Yes
    Nearly all of my Sims are gay, some of them are non-binary (myself included) <3
    oNPKztK.jpg
    LOVE IS LOVE - Gilbert and Bruno Ferro
    He/They
  • Jonathan777Jonathan777 Posts: 170 Member
    Yes
    I only play gay men - now only with body hair 😍

I'm 100% with you there brother, body hair along with bears, woof.
    oNPKztK.jpg
    LOVE IS LOVE - Gilbert and Bruno Ferro
    He/They
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    I consider myself 'asexual' so I suppose I am LGBTQ. My sims do not reflect me. I see an attractive sim, that is who they date, any gender. When raising sim kids born in game I tend to have many of them transition genders, this is probably because some important people in my reality are trans.
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    No
    Some but not primarily, I do like having the option though, and even more if they randomly spawn.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    No
    I'm mostly a family player, so my sims are usually straight or bi people making the traditional nuclear family. I don't really go out of my way to make LGBT sims, since I get a "vibe" or sign from my sim that they should be LGBT.

My world has a lot of bi characters, though. I like to imagine there isn't a lot of prejudice around sexuality, and many sims are members of my free-loving WoHoo cult. So characters often just hook up with whoever.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Yes
    I started off playing straight cis couples because I was just so used to that being depicted as. The universal default that zi was used to playing by those rules in all games so by habit, started that way. Because I've experienced attraction to more than one gender over my life, was never exclusively one way, it wasn't bad playing hetero couples, but eventually I found myself focusing on the men more, and losing interest in the women.

And then when my game grew stale, one day I got bored and started having the two husbands get to be more than friends and that was infinitely more satisfactory to me. So then I started playing more men who were into men.

I also experimented with alien abductions and dual-dad families with kids.

Another time when I was playing the teens of Windenbeeg all aged down to kids, I saw that Yuki had a lot of masculine clothing choices, and thought that was a great opportunity to test out a transgender mod. So Yuku is still a preteen in that save but has been thinking about gender identity and going ahead with presenting in a masculine way and it seems far better suited. I have been holding off returning to that save til I get the high s hool pack, so Yuki wouldn't age up to teen til I have it. So I won't know til then, whether the trans mod I am trying, will give Yuki the ability to seek gender-affirming Healthcare (or what types) as a teen but am hoping I can qt least pretend there are hormone blockers Yuki can go on (the same ones used safely on cis kids for decades to halt precocious puberty) until coming of age enough for other things. I really hope either with the mod or without it, Yuki can look forward to getting enough facial hair to shave, eventually.

That razor though! It's 4x the size of a real one compared to the Sim's face, in the trailer. Scale is often a problem in this game, like what is up with dining chairs that make adult sims look like children? Chairs are never that big irl.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Kurotard wrote: »
    To say I've seen a lot of... transphobia and homophobia in the forums and Twitter is an understatement. I wanted to ask fellow LGBTQ+ players if they also played these types of Sims/families, since the orientation update is coming soon. Jerks need not apply.

Does “Jerks” equal “Non- LGBTQ +” players or am I also welcome to respond?
    Regardless of the answer to that particular question, as a member of the simming community I’m going to be bold and say:

YES! 😇

I tend to play with heterosexual individuals, but I’ve had and still have same sex relationships in several rotational saves.
    A couple of years ago I was experimenting with different body frames in CAS and ended up creating a rather interesting looking young male who had a mix of boyish and very attractive feminine facial characteristics, so I decided to follow his story and let him take me on his journey.
    Each sim week his physical appearance and expression transformed into something more feminine and although he didn’t fully transition, essentially he turned into a female model of himself with a romantic preference for masculine males.

I’m predominantly a brawly lads / occults / hauntings / spaceships and jungle monsters kinda player [G.I. Joe / Indiana Jones style] - however- to my own surprise following this kid on his very distinct, personal journey is one of the most fascinating things I’ve ever done in my game. My stories can be quite complex, but this experimental gameplay was simple yet way beyond my “comfort” zone. Even so, this particular sim remains one of my favorite characters: he made me care because his journey to self discovery seemed exceptionally clear. He basically told me what he wanted and how he wanted it and I listened and went along with it. I’ll avoid getting into this too deeply, but I desire personal growth and development in characters and he gave me the full experience.

One of the most interesting gameplay aspects for me was having to consider and analyze the distinctions between optical female and male characteristics and finding the right balance when applying these to sims of the opposite sex. It can be quite challenging to grasp the nuances of this technical process: How could I make this boy appear more feminine without creating a caricature of a girl or woman. How was this possible without slapping heavy make-up, a wig, a pair of massive booga woogas ( pardon the caveman lingo) and a dress on the kid and say: “now ye look like a right lass”.
    Creating a male in drag is easy, creating a male that looks naturally feminine ( and vice versa) is not. At least not for me.

I would like to point out that in my personal game I care less about what my sims “identify or label themselves as” and more so about how they behave, how they express themselves and how they take part in the overall narrative. Characters and personalities is what I’m after, obviously this also includes who - or who they’re not - attracted to.
    Although I control most of the gameplay, occasionally I let my sims lead the way and this is how my game stays fresh and full of delightful surprises. This is were twists happen and compelling new characters and stories are born.

I look forward to playing around with the upcoming orientation system but I hope the attraction spectrum will be expanded upon.
    In a future basegame update I’d like to find additional attraction mechanics based on aesthetics, traits, interests and intellect.

At the end of the day I only play out fictional stories, never real life, and as long as my actors ( and my imagination) can turn a narrative into something adventurous and worth exploring, everyone is welcome (except Nancy) and all is happy days! ( That’s right Nancy).

• thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    Yes
    I'm bisexual and most of my Sims are too.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png