Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible Island Living and Snowy Escape Refresh

2...Next

Comments

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    More water sports/water activities, underwater lots (or secret underwater places), and improved mermaids.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • ThirteenCatzThirteenCatz Posts: 9 New Member
    mermaids and aliens seriously need a huge overhaul
  • flaminganakinflaminganakin Posts: 36 Member
    Island Living:
    • updated Mermaid lifestage
    • scuba diving
    • volleyball
    • surfing
    • additional build/buy objects & recolors
    • more seashells & buried treasure collectibles
    • HOUSEBOATS!!!
    • ability for 2 or more Sims to share a boat
    • hammocks

Snowy Escape
    • new Japanese cuisine recipes
    • additional Simmi & Spirit doll collectibles
    • another mascot like Yamachan but anime or Kaiju inspired (like Godzilla or Sim Goku/Sailor Moon)
    • a martial arts skill/academy like we had in TS3 World Adventures
    • snowboarding half-pipe (that can be placed in any world)
    • kimonos
    • tea ceremony
    • an anime TV channel
    • manga -->as a sub/separate interest from regular books, with a "Talk about Manga/Ask Favorite Manga/etc" interaction

For EP and GPs that came with their own worlds, I would like for refreshes to add additional (empty) lots. I would love hotels and resorts but I want this to be its own pack.
  • mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    I just want a futon man. Can't believe they didn't make one for Snowy Escape. Traditional style Japanese houses but with Western beds are so awkward. When I go to those kind-of rural/traditional houses in Japan, all the beds are futons.

While we're on the topic, the onsens are supposed to be separated by gender, and you don't wear a swimsuit. You're full on naked.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Island Living:
    • updated Mermaid lifestage
    • scuba diving
    • volleyball
    • surfing
    • additional build/buy objects & recolors
    • more seashells & buried treasure collectibles
    • HOUSEBOATS!!!
    • ability for 2 or more Sims to share a boat
    • hammocks

Snowy Escape
    • new Japanese cuisine recipes
    • additional Simmi & Spirit doll collectibles
    • another mascot like Yamachan but anime or Kaiju inspired (like Godzilla or Sim Goku/Sailor Moon)
    • a martial arts skill/academy like we had in TS3 World Adventures
    • snowboarding half-pipe (that can be placed in any world)
    • kimonos
    • tea ceremony
    • an anime TV channel
    • manga -->as a sub/separate interest from regular books, with a "Talk about Manga/Ask Favorite Manga/etc" interaction

For EP and GPs that came with their own worlds, I would like for refreshes to add additional (empty) lots. I would love hotels and resorts but I want this to be its own pack.

I like these ideas...all of em. Please devs.
  • CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    Honestly, I don’t need much to be satisfied if these packs were updated.

Island Living: A playable lifeguard career.

Snowy Escape: Karate and Kendo.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    edited August 2022
    To be honest I want hotels done similar to restaurants where we can build our own lots, assign uniform and other options like prices. I think adding hotels in an update will give us a very lackluster watered down version. I therefore want hotels to have their own pack.

For an island living refresh I would like updated mermaids with a tail for children, a diving school and a secret lot behind the cave.

Snowy escape : all I can think of is allowing school uniform for all worlds (as an option we can set). I do like the suggestion of a martial arts sports like karate or jujitsu as a skill/hobby
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Hammocks, houseboats, and a mermaid lot. Mermaids without going underwater is like making a sims game with no pools and toddlers. Makes no sense. Why make mermaids if they can only swim around like everyone else and not be able to see them underwater. I loved the lots in the Sims 3 and also living on houseboats, plus there was more than one lot. It's awful how the EPs have slimmed down from the Sims 3 to the Sims 4. Sims 3 had a huge world with new sims, houseboats, several dive lots, boats/ect., boat dock with boathouses, shark, shark attack, underwater caves/not able to see into, mermaids right in CAS where you can make any bin sim whatever supernatural you want without any extra steps, and so many other extras. I love Sulani, but as a Sims 3 player the leaving out of houseboats and the underwater areas were huge things to leave out. Stuff like this, stuck infants, stuck farm animals, closed world, and only being able to see only one sim in your house at a time is why I'm very off when it comes to even considering the Sims 5. I may not buy until I see that it has these things fixed.

Snowy Escape? If I had no other choices maybe more kominos and more hair styles, but really would have other refreshes. I'd rather have a couple more houses added to the vampire &/or magic packs. Those worlds were super small. They could at least put in blank lots. Witch hats are needed badly. Crystal ball, moving pictures, magic mirror
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I can't see any way they would add in hotels in a refresh. I mean I could be wrong of course, but it's a fairly highly requested feature that would have a lot of lot building and coding to do. I can't see they won't release it as a GP or the big selling point of an EP.

Yeah, that takes lots of work/resources and I don't see it either.
    Would love for mermaids to have a skill tree like all the other occults as well as having their own special urn and bassinet
    Love the bassinet idea!

SimsBro wrote: »
    A dive lot for underwater exploration with mermaids or diving with human sims.
    I don't care if it's a SINGLE "secret" lot like Sixam and via a loading screen, mermaids that cannot go underwater are awful.
    Pool mermaids from TS4 really need to go.

The ocean needs to extend further from the shore as well. At the moment we can only go around circles in a very shallow beach tier area.

Other worlds pre IL also need to have bodies of water/oceans swimmable. The Sims 3 already did it in a free update, why can't TS4? It's absurd having a newer game that appears to be less technologically advanced than an older one.

Appears? All supernaturals in a pack and any bin sim can be made into anyone of them with no extras to do than hit the button for the accult you want. Horses, unicorns, cats, dogs, caged animals, birds, many fish, fish tank options, pet rocks, and reptiles in one pets pack. Complete open worlds with what 20 houses, businesses, places to go, ect.? Plus, we actually got content regularly. I'm not excited for the Sims 5 at all because knowing it's closed world again and seeing what we got with Sims4 doesn't make me want to rush out and buy it. They should keep Sims 4 running with content and make Sims 5 a game that runs on really great computers because other companies don't hold their games back; they make them awesome. I'm waiting for a Sims game where all the present advancement in technology is used into making it the best it can be. My computer is old, but very good. I'm not rich, but a game like that would make you want to update your computer. Games shouldn't be dumbed down because some won't or can't upgrade. That's what Sims 4, Sims phone games, Sims on console ect. is for. Sims 5 should take it to the future level. I'd rather have left out emotions and had what we did in the Sims 3. I do like nearly all CAS changes(taking off accessories especially, not one at a time), housebuilding changes/moving properties within a space, parties on the calendar, and love the section to edit all households and the showing of sims not in the world. Sims 4 has some great stuff, but leaves a bunch to be desired and is like a 4 compared to the 8/9 of Sims3 out of a 10.