Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What new activity based pack would you like to see?

13...Next

Comments

• duriankindduriankind Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2022
    Artist Colony: A small town where scupture, ceramics, glass blowing are learned.
    Out of those options I think the small art town sounds the best! A close second would be the band/music camp as a former self-proclaimed "band geek." The options for glass blowing and ceramics in particular sound really interesting. I love making artistic sims, but making them paint all the time gets repetitive, so I'm always happy for more creative outlets such as the knitting, juice fizzing, and candle making. Plus a new small town full of craftsman/artisan would be really cool and fits well with my interests!

I guess in a similar way, I would love the band/music pack to contain more instruments of course, as well as the ability to form bands. I really miss that feature from sims 2 university, apparently it was in the sims 3 as well but I didn't own the pack for that one. If it were a band camp type thing with marching band and competitions, that would be really cool too, of course, and would really take me back.

I personally have no interest in time travel at all, I like my game to be a little more realistic. I suppose I do play with occults occasionally so I guess that's as far as my suspension of disbelief goes, lol.
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    check out my gallery page
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Band/music Camp: A place to lean new and old instruments, form bands, compete.
    Anything musical!
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Back to the Past: Travel back and experience life BEFORE simstagram! Before electricity and showers! Medieval Times.
    It would be soo appealing!
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Space Station Sims: Life aboard a space station obiting high above SimWorld
    Living under a large dome looking out at space!

Not expecting gameplay with zero-gravity, that would require a lot of animations, just having the ability to tell a story taking place in space. If it is under a dome then all sims could walk around as usual. We could have new plants, new crystals, flying spacecrafts. You wouldn’t see your sim in the spacecraft but you could perhaps fly it in a mini game. Careers to trade things with the home world. Take care of the world under the dome. Research the new world.
  • DemongradDemongrad Posts: 44 Member
    Its not that I want it.. I NEED IT! :'(
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Back to the Past: Travel back and experience life BEFORE simstagram! Before electricity and showers! Medieval Times.
    Definitely history - it'd be aesthetically Sims Medieval, but in implementation the same as Journey to Batuu.

I don't think of it as activities, though. More an alternative lifestyle for a few weeks. In terms of the stuff above, I want to do stuff that will continue to be part of my sims' everyday. Things like sculpting, archaeology and such are brief distractions, but I don't use them much. (Painting, rockets and pipe-organs, though? Glorious. Necessary parts of every household.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member

I don't think of it as activities, though. More an alternative lifestyle for a few weeks. In terms of the stuff above, I want to do stuff that will continue to be part of my sims' everyday.

This really crystallizes some my ideas. I enjoy additions to the sims games that make a change from the daily grind. I've always enjoyed any of the vacation packs from TS1, 2, 3 and 4, Sims Medieval, Into the Future. Even the active careers are a nice change from washing dishes and taking out garbage.

BTW, I once visited an art school in the middle of the woods. The students designed and built the cabins they lived in. There were multiple separate studios, even a building for glass blowing and sculpture (it was cone shaped with a hole/vent at the top, reminiscent of a volcano... humor in architecture). I think that something like that would be a great way to introduce new creative arts.

I don't know if you played TS3 Into the Future, but that had a separate neighborhood that you visited with new "everyday" features and IIRC disabled the phone so your friends back at Willow Creek couldn't keep asking you to meet up with them at the Geek Fest. That would make a Medieval World similar in structure to Batuu, like a time travel vacation.
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    If I could vote for multiple, I'd also vote for Space Station and Underwater Adventures. But I voted for band/music because I'd love to see some more metal/punk looking outfits.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • tamamotamamo Posts: 5 New Member
    I think in terms of the next game pack that I would want for activities, it'd be one of the following (some were mentioned on the poll):

A. A Music themed pack for sure.
    TS4 doesn't have a huge variety of musical instruments, and one thing I found missing from all the games was brass/woodwind instruments. A Saxophone, Trumpet, Flute, etc.
    Collaborative band stuff would be cool. Marching band or garage band kind of deal.

B. More Geeky stuff
    TS4, in terms of stuff "for geeks", is only really restricted to video games. But what about the other "geekier" hobbies? I.e. A multi-sim dungeons and dragons "choose your own adventure-type" board game, where your skills/traits can determine your ability to entertain as a DM or give you a number of different choices. Could add character sheets and whatnot as well.
    If not this, why not a trading card game for teens and up? Something based on Magic or Yugioh. Certain cards could be usable in your deck or purely for collection purposes. Could introduce a new retail lot type hobby/comic book shop, where there'd be a play area for card games and such.

C. Space-themed pack
    Could add additional powers and functionality to Aliens to put them on the levels of Werewolves/Spellcasters/Vampires, as well as other explorable alien planets or a customizable space station. Handiness to keep Oxygen/Gravity/whatever else up and running. Maybe the ability to mine asteroids or fend off space pirates, idk.

D. (Under)water themed
    I loved the underwater exploration in TS3, even if it felt really sluggish and choppy. This would add additional powers to Mermaids, who would be better at finding treasure and obviously surviving underwater. Maybe an extension to sulani, as you travel out into the oceans surrounding it to find treasure/explore random uncharted islands?

E. Medieval/Fantasy-esque?
    A back to the past kind of pack would be a cool idea. Forced into an off the grid kind of lifestyle, to save a kingdom from some kind of evil spellcaster or dragon or other. Could potentially add a life state (Elf? DragonSim?).

These are just a few of my own ideas, but I don't want to make my post TOO long Lol
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Back to the past and Return to the future I'm interested in. Or we can call it Sims time travel so they can either travel to the past and meet their ancestors or travel to the future and meet their future family members.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    Artist Colony: A small town where scupture, ceramics, glass blowing are learned.
    Hard choice to make but overall I really miss the sculpting we had in Sims 3 and more artistic pursuits would be great for careers.
  • fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    rudolpha wrote: »
    Hard choice to make but overall I really miss the sculpting we had in Sims 3 and more artistic pursuits would be great for careers.

I loved sculpting and the French world. Making a little sculpting studio in the back garden was so satisfying. Really want sculpting back and also pottery!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Underwater Adventue: Underwater(!) scuba diving, exploration, sea life and underwater homes.
    All of these sound amazing. I had to go with justice for mermaids though!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(