Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    About the teen height thing:

What if the problem isn't that teens are too tall,
    but that the young adults and adults are too baby-faced in the game?

After all, in real life, teens are the same height as adults, but they are a lot more baby-faced.

Or, maybe it's that teens aren't baby-faced enough, especially the boys. Teen boys should have softer, more boyish features by default, since they haven't finished developing yet. Teens, especially Teen boys, need their features softened to look the right age.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    edited July 2022
    I wish they could release World expansion packs of existing expansion packs..... Just so we can get more cities with apartments. 🐸🐸🐸🐸! I really want an asian metropolis :( Mt. Komorebi is great, but it's the rural area. I really want a Tokyo/Hong Kong/Seoul/Taipei world.

Or atleast... Give us a Create-A-World tool like Sims 3...

I also want more varied Worlds in general. How many "American industrial town or suburb in Deciduous or Coniferous forests" are we gonna get, EA?
  • Options
    SimMin94SimMin94 Posts: 18 Member
    I like the Sims 4 UI in stuff like goals and holidays (even like the Wedding one now that it's somewhat fixed). Some ppl say that you just pretend that your sims have life events while you mechanically cross stuff off a list. For me it's satisfying to see white turn to yellow and go "that's done" at parties and holidays and even their life goals :)
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,841 Member
    JinxIndigo wrote: »
    Vladislaus Straud is kinda nice vampire prince. He helps you when you come city first time as a vampire, why people find him annoying?

I think cars are overrated. They had nothing more than a wohoo place.

I mentioned this to another forum member but I don't see Vlad as an evil monster. I see him as a vampire version of Dr. Evil, comically inept super-villain. I picture him in his lair hatching grand plans for world domination. Wildly elaborate plans that take loads of money that he doesn't quite have so he takes odd jobs to help finance his plans. Being that he's a vampire nobody will hire him for professional jobs so he has to take odd jobs. Seeing him pop-up as a bartender, a masseuse, or food stall vendor, it reinforces that headcanon to me. It's the contrast of him in a low wage job but he has his plans to make it big someday. He's still trying after all these centuries because his plans always fail, in a Wiley Coyote fashion. When I see him that way he becomes more fun and oddly lovable.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    JinxIndigo wrote: »
    Vladislaus Straud is kinda nice vampire prince. He helps you when you come city first time as a vampire, why people find him annoying?

I think cars are overrated. They had nothing more than a wohoo place.

I mentioned this to another forum member but I don't see Vlad as an evil monster. I see him as a vampire version of Dr. Evil, comically inept super-villain. I picture him in his lair hatching grand plans for world domination. Wildly elaborate plans that take loads of money that he doesn't quite have so he takes odd jobs to help finance his plans. Being that he's a vampire nobody will hire him for professional jobs so he has to take odd jobs. Seeing him pop-up as a bartender, a masseuse, or food stall vendor, it reinforces that headcanon to me. It's the contrast of him in a low wage job but he has his plans to make it big someday. He's still trying after all these centuries because his plans always fail, in a Wiley Coyote fashion. When I see him that way he becomes more fun and oddly lovable.

Agreed. He's lovable, in his own "villainous" way.

Okay, unpopular opinion: I wish we had a bigger vampire world. Why don't we have a spot for vampires, Vlad's manor, and another section for a human village? Vampires need prey somewhere.
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    I don't think I'll get Highschool for a specific reason: I want the game play, but not the outfits, because I know adult sims will wear them. I saw them, they fit teens and maybe some young adults, but I don't want my world run by adult sims dressed like children
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    PS. Should have put this on my previous post but posted too soon. I think there should be more basic clothing. Not everything needs to be trendy, niche situation specific, or extravagant wear
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    About the teen height thing:

What if the problem isn't that teens are too tall,
    but that the young adults and adults are too baby-faced in the game?

After all, in real life, teens are the same height as adults, but they are a lot more baby-faced.

Or, maybe it's that teens aren't baby-faced enough, especially the boys. Teen boys should have softer, more boyish features by default, since they haven't finished developing yet. Teens, especially Teen boys, need their features softened to look the right age.

Good point @SimsLovinLycan .
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I am bored to death with the lack of consequences for doing things in Sims 4. Sims 3 is only slightly better. Wishing I could try Sims 2, but I don't even know that I can get it or that it would even work.

I only ever come to 4 so my vampire Sims can actually bite without permission. I desperately need some sort of drama...
    Post edited by Gamer_34567544 on
  • Options
    blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    I agree, sims 3 is the best one of the series for consequences iirc. It has been a great deal of time since I played sims 2, but by my memory, Sims 3 is the most challenging in terms of how you have to go looking for certain things at times.
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    @Gamer_34567544 you can get TS2 on Amazon.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    A sims 5 should purely focus on home, leisure and domestic situations. By which I mean, no work packs, they are always the weakest, whether it is Get to Work, Get Famous, or the upcoming school pack in the Sims 4, or Ambitions and other professions in the Sims 3, ultimately you end up in a scenario where your sim must fulfil the same exact tasks in every playthrough with limited variation. I just feels it goes against the gameplay philosophy of the sims, and takes too much autonomy away from you.

And often, the gameplay is restricted to your sim you are playing at the time, and benefit other sims very little. In addition, the careers are so on the rails that you are often limited to what that pack added and can't do anything else in that career. And since these tasks and gameplay loops are so structured and similar, they quickly lose their luster, and are often never touched again. So much of the pack is a complete waste, and we would have probably been better served by having the game dev time focused somewhere else.

The Sims 1 and 2 pretty much had none of these work packs, with the exception of Superstar and Open For Business, but even then, the gameplay is more "open", you are not put on a track and told what to do. The cross pack functionality didn't even need to be created for OFB since the retail system was open enough that you could sell anything, even craftables in other packs, such as Freetime.
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    edited July 2022
    rhalius wrote: »
    They have added all kinds of garbage music genres to sims 4 yet oddly enough rock music is missing.

Ah, I've been wondering where the rock channel was. Is it not in any of the packs?
    I want opportunities from TS3 to return, and all of the phone calls from stalkers to end. The new events are boring, I'd rather just remove them all from the calendar. Also can't stand my Sim trying to sleep and get a phone call. Sims no longer have any peace whatsoever.

TS3 was so much better.

Yes, the phone calls are a nightmare! My sim was called by the same sim twice in one game the other day, each time asking if she should try for a baby (she had that first one quick!). Just for a bit of fun, I said yes both times and am going to check at some point to see if she actually has had them.
    If we have Neighbourhood Stories turned off, surely our Sims shouldn't be bothered by phone calls and have to give life advice to Sims they've only met once.

Which brings me to my unpopular opinion: Neighbourhood Stories and most of the Scenarios don't interest me or really add anything to my gameplay,

I don't like having potential relationships and life changes forced on my Sims by a random computer algorithm, I like to make up my own stories and relationships. I find it especially annoying when the game randomly tries to pair one of my Sims up with another NPC and then another one of my Sims gets interrupted by a phone call from them asking if they should ask them out. Am hoping with the new inclusion of orientations that the game will at least now get my sims' romantic preferences right when these phonecalls occur!

Most of the time I like to just have my Sims try their own challenges, explore their surroundings or go on little adventures. Relationship dramas, I'm afraid, just bore me.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I don't feel the need to have drama in my saves. I will invite a little drama, very little, once in awhile. I come to the worlds I create for my sims to take a break from the real world for a while. I have more then enough drama from coworkers and family, I prefer to leave that all behind. That's why my saves are mostly sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows. I enjoy some comedic chaos and mayhem instead of drama to liven things up.

This might not be an unpopular opinion as much as it is an unpopular play style.😁
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I don't make drama on purpose. I try my best to help my Sims achieve their dreams, whatever those may be. I like to play as hands-off as possible and let them show me who they are. So, when drama happens it is because it naturally unfolds, not because I went out of my way to find it. One of the reasons I enjoyed your Tartosan Sun story so much is because something really unexpected happened and you went with it when your main character told you who she is. You didn't try to force her back into the box you had planned, you let her lead. I love the Sims for its capacity for that kind of storytelling. In my opinion, mods greatly increase the randomness and individuality in many ways, so I play with a lot of 'em.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    @GirafHuntr To clarify I'm not against people wanting drama in their games. I don't get the desire others have for it in their games is all. With the subject having popped once or twice recently I thought it would be funny to point out how outside the norm my play style seems to be.😊 I have always danced to a different beat.

I totally agree about the mods. I had a lot before the last mod folder clean out, and I haven't gotten around to putting a lot of them back.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @GirafHuntr To clarify I'm not against people wanting drama in their games. I don't get the desire others have for it in their games is all. With the subject having popped once or twice recently I thought it would be funny to point out how outside the norm my play style seems to be.😊 I have always danced to a different beat.

I totally agree about the mods. I had a lot before the last mod folder clean out, and I haven't gotten around to putting a lot of them back.

Definitely didn't take it as you being against anything, just related!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    GirafHuntr wrote: »

Definitely didn't take it as you being against anything, just related!

Oh my god! I'm not alone! Welcome sister.😆
  • Options
    TheGrandTourFanTheGrandTourFan Posts: 33 Member
    There need to be actual negative consequences in the game. I don't mean a moodlet that goes away after a few Sim hours or even a Sim day. This game is becoming way too positive and it's affecting my gameplay.
  • Options
    I
    There need to be actual negative consequences in the game. I don't mean a moodlet that goes away after a few Sim hours or even a Sim day. This game is becoming way too positive and it's affecting my gameplay.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!

Exactly this!
  • Options
    @Gamer_34567544 you can get TS2 on Amazon.

Let me correct my statement. ;)

I probably could buy it as a disc, but I doubt I'll ever get it working.
  • Options
    I have always danced to a different beat.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. ;)
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited July 2022
    1. I think it's silly that werewolves don't get tails as a customization option without mods on account of "clipping" when A-line/flared-out skirts clip with furniture all the time...often badly. At least tails could be set up to curl around to sit on top of a chair cushion when a sim sits!

2. I don't think clipping is the reason werewolves didn't get digitigrade feet. I think they originally wanted werewolves to be able to wear shoes, but backed out at the last minute and didn't bother to fix the feet/didn't have time before launch. Those ripped-toed sneakers? They're a vestige of that scrapped idea.

3. I think it's kind of misogynistic that female werewolves have no proper bust slider and are forced into a masculine body type by default. It's like, just because they wanted werewolves to be able to be nude, they decided that female werewolves couldn't have a feminine body shape when they transform because the female body is somehow "inherently unwholesome and inappropriate." That's not "inclusiveness and representation," it's misogyny.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    1. I think it's silly that werewolves don't get tails as a customization option without mods on account of "clipping" when A-line/flared-out skirts clip with furniture all the time...often badly. At least tails could be set up to curl around to sit on top of a chair cushion when a sim sits!

2. I don't think clipping is the reason werewolves didn't get digitigrade feet. I think they originally wanted werewolves to be able to wear shoes, but backed out at the last minute and didn't bother to fix the feet/didn't have time before launch. Those ripped-toed sneakers? They're a vestige of that scrapped idea.

3. I think it's kind of misogynistic that female werewolves have no proper bust slider and are forced into a masculine body type by default. It's like, just because they wanted werewolves to be able to be nude, they decided that female werewolves couldn't have a feminine body shape when they transform because the female body is somehow "inherently unwholesome and inappropriate." That's not "inclusiveness and representation," it's misogyny.

It's true, though. Won't the lady werewolves be covered in fur, anyways? But look at the characters in Avatar, the outfits are very revealing- yet that doesn't make the movie rated R.

Sthenastia wrote: »
    I'm tired that people forgot that The Sims is just a game and the characters ale like dolls not real humans. In the community I see a lot of drama because peole care too much what other people do in their games. Everyday I see a comment like: "You can't use this hairstyle on white sims, this is unrespectful"; "People who whitewash premade sims are racist"; "Morgyn is non binary, you can't make they as a male". Guys realy? This is only a game, you can kill your sims without consequensec, you can ruin their lives, burn their houses and close in the basement if you want. You can also play only with lesbian sims, only with aliens and also delete all premades if you want to do that. This is your own game and you can do whatever you want. If you have a problem with any content creator just block that account. This is easy. If some people want to realise their controversial dreams in their game, good for them, but you don't have to risk your mental health to follow them.

And, yes! Let me add to that. Why omit certain types of people in game? Not like skin color stuff, I mean things like people with unique issues, or kid geniuses that get to go to college at a very young age, or drop-outs who left for whatever reason, or even homeless? Why do we need to have mods for all this? It's not cool to be <whatever>? Then don't play as them. It's too hard to watch <whatever>? You're only one person, just don't have that for your characters. I heard they have drop-outs in the high school pack, but that shouldn't be subject to a pack. But who cares if you want to be the Sim who has to live on the streets? Why must you have a house and pay bills, vote for NAPs, yada yada yada, or if you want to play a kid/teen doctor? (yes, this crazy thing actually has happened!) Or what if you want the kid to write or paint and sell their work as they're that good? Oh, wait. They can't have painting/writing skills yet. Or what about kid actors/musicians/singers/cooks? Or say you want to make a spoof on Iron Man, who made their first invention at age whatever? Or say a kid gets turned, and is now frozen in time? TBH, that would make more sense than letting them age up a bit, yes? Oh, yeah, that kid? He's actually ancient- which is why he pays the bills and such. He even took a few college courses, works as a civic designer, and owns a house. Oh, yeah, any he bites.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top