Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Console Version UI Scaling?

Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
The tiny control tooltips introduced in the June patch would be helpful... If I could read them!

I'm vision impaired, the small text present in the new control tooltips, the notification pop-ups and other areas of the game are too small. Trying to read it results in eye strain and headaches, which is the last thing a vision impaired player wants.

I was hoping console would've gotten UI scaling by now. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't PC get UI scaling with an update months ago.

Looks like I'm turning the new control tooltips off, a shame as it is a good idea.

Comments

• GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 336 Member
    I'm visually impaired as well. I play on Xbox and PC. PC did get a UI scaling update several months ago. I asked about it for consoles and was told that they are working on it. I'm going to ask again to see if we're still getting it on console as well. It's made playing on PC so much easier and I'd like the same experience on Xbox.
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    I'm visually impaired as well. I play on Xbox and PC. PC did get a UI scaling update several months ago. I asked about it for consoles and was told that they are working on it. I'm going to ask again to see if we're still getting it on console as well. It's made playing on PC so much easier and I'd like the same experience on Xbox.

I'm glad you have the opportunity to play the PC version. I'm a PS4 simmer, I was hoping the recent update added UI scaling because when the control tooltips were first shown off, I was confused to how on earth the devs working on the display thought that font size was okay to use as console players aren't as close to the screen as PC players are to a monitor.

I sit very close to my TV and I still can't read it. I'm aleady ignoring the notification pop-ups and moodlet descriptions ingame aleady. Ui scaling would mean less eye strain, less headaches and more enjoyment overall.

• StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    I agree with this, I still don't understand why this hasn't been implemented yet it has on pc for a while now. I have to zoom in to the screen on my PS4 with square and the ps button to read.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I was able to read it but I had too really focus lol, i turned it off as it was irritating me, I've played with console long enough to know it 😂, I would say its definitely good for new players until they get used to controls
  • xtianxxtianx Posts: 128 Member
    I’m not visually impaired, but I have terrible eyesight and very powerful prescription contact lenses and glasses. I don’t have any real trouble seeing / reading text in any of the other many video games I play on my PS4 Pro setup via a 55” fairly-new Samsung television - my point being, under optimal conditions, I still find it pretty tricky to read the text in The Sims 4 even on that size screen without squinting, blinking, dosing with eye drops more often, etc. and if I’m in the Gallery, forget it - I have to move much closer to the screen. I play in a smallish living area as I live in a high rise city-condo where space is at a premium, so I’m not even all that far away from my television to begin with.

I’m really glad of the port over to consoles as I missed this series very much when I switched from PC games to console games back during TS3, but some improvements in the UI could definitely be made. That they updated anything at all just for us bodes well - maybe things are looking up as this week we get a same-day release of major content? Perhaps it’s a test of the console market share. I hope it goes well, and that things for console players will continue to improve.
  • lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    I hope they do make improvements and I hope they make improvements on the controls options as well...CONSOLES NEEDS to be able to read and move around effectively.
    Still no news on console getting UI scaling?
  • UataguUatagu Posts: 2 New Member
    I can barely see the text of the game, being using the xbox loupe for playing and not harm my eyes so much, also, the tv and game margin options are not useful :(
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    edited June 2021

This still hasn't happened which is a shame. It's so frustrating that none of the console simgurus are on twitter anymore so we have noone to ask. I'm still hoping they add this and also make the graphics on next Gen consoles look like it does in pc ultra settings.
    Over a year after I originally posted and still nothing? Did the devs forget about the feature?

Console players really do get the short end of the stick. The thing is, I enjoy playing The Sims 4.

You know what'd be great? If I could play without getting stressed over trying to read the tiny notification text. Sure I don't have to read them, or the moodlet flavour text, or the various other tooltips and pop-ups. But I feel like I'm missing out on a good chunk of the game by ignoring them.
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    Over a year after I originally posted and still nothing? Did the devs forget about the feature?

Console players really do get the short end of the stick. The thing is, I enjoy playing The Sims 4.

You know what'd be great? If I could play without getting stressed over trying to read the tiny notification text. Sure I don't have to read them, or the moodlet flavour text, or the various other tooltips and pop-ups. But I feel like I'm missing out on a good chunk of the game by ignoring them.

I agree. This is another reason why it's so frustrating that the console gurus aren't on twitter like I said before. We can't even ask anyone.
    And bumping this because it is 2022 and still no UI scaling for console.

There are people posting about it over the EA bug report forums still, about being able to not even play the game and having to stand directly in front of their TV's to read anything. And nothing, not even a "we're working on it" response. This is a feature PC has had for over two years now and people think console is up to date with PC?
    edited July 2022
    July 2022, a high school pack on the horizon, and no word whatsoever on UI scaling when PC has had it for literal years at this point. and marketing has boasted about the console version being up to date with PC...

Are we ever getting UI scaling? Console players genuinely need this feature as the text is hard to read, I've gotten headaches while playing, people have posted about being unable to read UI elements and dropping the game as a result. many of us buy the console version to play on our TV's, or because we don't have a PC that can run it, or those of us that prefer console gaming...

Please, we really need UI scaling on PS and Xbox.