Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I The Only One?

Seeing all these threads with all these beautiful redoes of the worlds makes me wonder am I the only one who doesn't change worlds up? I actually never thought of doing it just because most of the time I don't stay with the same save. I am right now since I'm doing a legacy challenge. But just curious do some people just keep the towns the same as they were?
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I change them in every save! (well, I should clarify ..... I change them to the best of my ability within the pitiful limitations of world customization that we have in TS4).

I need a certain aesthetic in my worlds, plus there are certain types of houses that I don't like the layout, things block my view, things are too far away from other things, same with venues.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    In my old saves I used to not change my worlds up because i was always just playing one family and they never really went anywhere

but in this save ive had for couple years now I am trying to do opposite of that as in build all lots not just one lot play all households not just one and so forth

and so far its given me much more fun time to play this way so I don't think I will ever go back to my old ways tbh

its just very satisfying when the worlds finally look like how you wanted them really
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    I don't change or replace any premade houses unless my Sims are living in them. I just add community lots on empty lots. I don't add residential houses because I don't need them, but I like to download my favorite restaurants, nightclubs, bars, gyms, libraries and other places where my Sims are visiting often.
    I use the premade community lots too. I don't see anything wrong with them, they work well and I don't need them to be fancy, I care more about the gameplay being smooth. I love my Sims visiting for example good old Willow Creek Blue Velvet nighclub or Oasis Springs Rattlesnake Juice bar. It's nostalgic. :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    I bulldoze and replace most of the lots with ones from the Gallery. Both residential and community. Then I'll usually redecorate them. One of the downsides of playing one family is that I don't get the chance to enjoy all the game assets in my one household. I can do so when visiting community lots and neighbors residential lots.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    Generally, I don’t remake towns. I will remake lots if I need to, but I don’t go full scale community planning. My Willow Creek is still basically Willow Creek with a few changes. The biggest change I’ve made is to level the retail shops in Magnolia Promenade to make it an extension of my Newcrest build.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    No, I ruin every one
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Well, I do change up houses and stuff if it's a family or friend related to my current sims if the house is way too small or not built for the right family that's in it.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Eh, with how things have gone over time, I have adjusted and changed things to suit my whims and desires. I can't evict any of the premades though. Them willingly moving out due to meaningful stories, though...

I do actually change and adjust venues over time. For example, with the amount of the Feng's power and influence, the Stargazer Nightclub was changed into a libary. To clean up the area of the riffraff, in their eyes.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    True, I can never evict the townies out of their houses it just seems really weird. Sometimes I'll do Penny's place because I love that layout but other then that I just leave them there cause they are easy to find if I want my sims to be friends with them lol
    Handel wrote: »
    Eh, with how things have gone over time, I have adjusted and changed things to suit my whims and desires. I can't evict any of the premades though. Them willingly moving out due to meaningful stories, though...

I do actually change and adjust venues over time. For example, with the amount of the Feng's power and influence, the Stargazer Nightclub was changed into a libary. To clean up the area of the riffraff, in their eyes.

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    edited July 2022
    No, I ruin every one

mood tbh.
    sometimes i just look at changes i make couple days later and wonder if i was possessed or something

i wish i was at least possessed by demon with good taste in interior but usually not
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Sometimes I leave them, sometimes I change them. I keep meaning to do more with building but I'm not great at it and sometimes I just want to play.

One thing I always do before using rental lots is put in a thermostat and an umbrella stand and a few items to make the sims' visit more comfortable. I also always bulldoze some of the rental lots and replace them with community lots so there is something for the sims to do, particularly on rainy days. In Granite Falls that usually means I put in a pub and a spa but in Selvadorada it tends to vary. I can only play one household at a time so my theory is that I only need the following rental lots:

-Small rental lot for single sims or couples
    -Large rental lot for families
    -Camp site (Granite Falls )
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    You're not the only one.
    I always keep the same lots. If I'm in a mood to do it, I will revamp the interiors. I might build on an empty lot but I like the way the original lots look in each world.
    I put community lots in Newcrest and the Spa lot in the empty lot in Magnolia Parade as I think it doesn't look out of place there.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I'm sort of half in this camp? Like, I have plans to renovate everything, but I don't have the time/motivation to do it (certainly not in a short timeframe). I do have a base save where I add lots that I have built. I use that as a starting point for new saves. So it's semi-customised, but the other half is still as it comes with the game/packs.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I tend to replace the worst lots with lots from the gallery, others I will renovate myself if they don't need to much work.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited July 2022
    It really depends on my intent. If I'm just playing around, I don't touch them. If I'm not expecting to see, for example, Vlad's house or ever visit the Bjergsens, I don't worry about it. Especially if I'm planning on going multiple generations and I expect to have different people living in the houses eventually.

Community lots are more likely to get a makeover. Especially gyms, clubs, bars and parks. If I'm particularly happy with a take, I'll save it to the gallery. (or sometimes just to use the gallery as cloud storage.)

That said, I am working on a "Template save" where I'm updating the townies and their houses to take advantage of all packs, and maybe get rid of some of the elements that bother me. Most of the unoccupied houses I'll probably leave alone on the template, as I'll add families and customize the houses to better fit the flavor of each save.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    If a building is premade, I seldom change it unless the sim(s) need(s) more space or a better arrangement. Empty lots, on the other hand, are a different story. Those become Victorian residences of various sizes and levels of elegance or community lots that combine features. My favorite is a restaurant that also has a bar, small gym, library, and a few hotel rooms for weary sims.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I rebuild every lot. It started as a personal challenge to see if I could fill an entire world with just my builds. That turned into making an entire save file with my sims and builds. And then I decided to share it with the community. Now, I do it to keep the saves updated. It's fun for me. I wouldn't do it if it weren't.

I'm actually working on a save file with premades for my own personal use. I'm just remodeling/redecorating the EA lots. Again, it's fun for me. :)
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I rebuild every lot. It started as a personal challenge to see if I could fill an entire world with just my builds. That turned into making an entire save file with my sims and builds.

I keep meaning to do that but I get bored and frustrated easily.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    I rebuild every lot. It started as a personal challenge to see if I could fill an entire world with just my builds. That turned into making an entire save file with my sims and builds.

Same. I have these grand plans on what I'm going to make each world look like. Then I get bored while redoing the first lot and want to play instead :D

So I usually just leave lots alone until I need them for a particular sim.
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member

Same. I have these grand plans on what I'm going to make each world look like. Then I get bored while redoing the first lot and want to play instead :D

So I usually just leave lots alone until I need them for a particular sim.

That's always my problem. So I don't even try. Newcrest is still blank.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    The trick is to make a save file with all the changes you want and then use that save as a base... So you open your base save and 'Save as' for all new saves.

Nothing wrong with liking the default game. I'm just tired of seeing the same old stuff after a while. It actually inspires me to play more when everything in the world from lots to sims reflect my own style.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    The trick is to make a save file with all the changes you want and then use that save as a base... So you open your base save and 'Save as' for all new saves.

Nothing wrong with liking the default game. I'm just tired of seeing the same old stuff after a while. It actually inspires me to play more when everything in the world from lots to sims reflect my own style.

That's a good idea. I tried it before but for some reason I can't remember, I abandoned it.

But again, it's a good idea.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I keep them as they were, but i have only gotten into the aspect of world customization recently myself. I plan on rebuilding the community lots i often send my sims to first. I would love to have a save filled with my builds and sims only, like some of the other posters made.
  • LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    edited July 2022
    I'm a bit all over the place when it comes to redoing the worlds. Some lots get renovated all the time and some of them don't really ever get touched.

On my main save, which is very family/legacy based, Newcrest has become a hub of brightly colored community lots with a lot of space given over for parks and places for children and toddlers. Willow Creek's houses are staying basically the same on the outside, but recently I've been slowly changing over the insides to be updated, and though I struggle with going off the grid, I've been trying to make them very Victorian-y with only one or two electronic items per lot. However, because this is my "normal" save, a lot of the community lots have not been touched, because they are classic.

On my secondary save, which has a creativity/celebrity focus, Newcrest has picked up a few industrial-styled lots, so I'll probably keep going with that theme, though it isn't a priority at the moment. Oasis Springs is slowly getting demolished because some of those lot designs aren't for me, and I've been replacing them with large-ish mansions for my wannabe-famous Sims. There's definitely a focus on conspicuous consumption and showing off their wealth.

On my third save, which is on hold for now because I'm still collecting packs, is meant to be my occult/weird Sim spot, so when I get to it, it will be a place for all the imposing vampire lairs, worn-out werewolf hangouts, weird builds and goofy things that amuse me (after all, if an alien Sim tried to build a house, it probably wouldn't look quite what a normal person would expect). Also lots of pools for the mermaids.

Magnolia Promenade bores me to death, so I don't build anything there. Del Sol Valley, Brindleton Bay, and Henford-on-Bagley each get a few lot redoes, but in general I'm happy with the "vibe" that those worlds have, and I don't know if I'd be able to match it with my own buildings. Because of the restrictions of apartments, San Myshuno looks pretty much the same all the time, though the insides of the apartments do get renovated every time I move a new Sim in.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    I don’t replace lots either. I’m not much of a builder, so the idea of redoing an entire world would make me cry haha. I plop Gallery community lots into Newcrest, such as the Perfect Balance Spa and various restaurants.