Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Like To Premade Sims Or CAS

I love getting to know how other people play their sims games. Not really to judge them, but more because it's always interesting to hear different answers and to see different perspectives. This is to share and just have fun. I love meeting different types of players. I'm going to start with a few questions and then everyone can take it from there.

Do you like to play premade sims or create your own?
Do you make stories out of your sims, play sims for challenges (ex: Not So Berry or challenges you make for yourself), for science reasons, play for achievements or just play the ts3 without really any personal goals? I guess to narrow it down, what kind of simmer are you?
When you play premade sims, do you edit their facial structures and or their traits (I unfortunately do this sometimes) or just leave them how they are? And do you change their outfits and hairstyles or do you let them wear whatever is randomly given to them?
Do you have more than one save (Like myself) or do you focus on just the one save?
Do you have a favorite sim(s) you absolutely love to play (premade or self made)?
What is your favorite thing about ts3 or your favorite packs?
What lifestyles do you usually pick for your sims if you make them? (ex: chef, gardener, firefighter, medical etc)
How long have you been playing ts3?

No one HAS to answer all of these or answer any at all, but it's fun to meet the different types of players and see their game experience from their perspective.

I'll start. Well, I love to play both premade and create my own sims. I kind of have stories playing out in my head, but I usually set personal goals for my sims. I do enjoy a challenge. I do sometimes edit premade sims traits and and all. I don't try to change way too much of them, because I don't like taking too much away from what makes that sim them. It's usually adjusting their jaws, eyes, nose or haircolor, and if I mess with the traits its usually just one trait. But I do, however, change their clothes and hairstyles. I have more than one save. I try really really hard not to have more than one, but sometimes its so hard to. Especially when you want to try out living in a different town, but you don't want to make your sims there, because you're happy with where they are, now. For example, my sims Lindsey.
003B6Zr.png

I wanted so badly, to have a sim live in Monte Vista, but I didn't want to move the two premade families I am currently working on in a separate save, so I made her. I also made her for science reasons too. Mostly to do with the future.
My favorite sims will always be the ones I make based on myself and my family, without a doubt. But aside from them, my favorite premade sims to play are the Bunch and Goth family. I love playing the Bunch family especially. Each kid having their own life goals and you can live through it all with them. But out of the Bunch family, I love playing Darlene the most. She makes the game more interesting....because of how unlucky she is...
My favorite packs for ts3 would have to be seasons and pets and I like some of the things that ambitions give you. Like the new choices for jobs. Really broadens my choices. I'm starting to get into the future pack, but at first it made me kind of sad. When I saw the wasteland, it broke my heart seeing it like that...but the plumbots and sprites are so flipping awesome. So, back to the future might be on the list if all goes well. When I make sims, I tend to always lean towards things that I like. Gardening, cooking, education, jockey. But with premade sims who are still kids and haven't decide on their lifetime wishes, for them I usually pick a lifetime wish that I feel best suits them. (That's if I'm playing the premade.)
Now, for the last questions. I have been playing ts3 since 2015. I bought the game through origin thinking I wouldn't like it, because nothing can be better than ts2, but I actually found myself enjoying it more than I expected. Honestly, I know some people might disagree, but out of ts2 and ts3, ts3 is by far my favorite. Not saying its better than ts2, but it's personally my favorite.

Feel free to comment below, share your love for ts3 with everyone and even pictures if you want. Like I said, it always fun meeting different types of players. :smiley:
BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
d3Z5s3V.jpg

Comments

• StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    edited July 2022
    It really depends. In some towns, I'll start with a premade family and then if I get bored, I'll go make a sim and play that one. Most of the time though, I start out making my own sim. I start thinking about what kind of game I want to play as I create the sim. For example, if I want to travel or make them adventurous, then I dress them like an adventurer etc :D The beginning of a fresh save is always fun because there are so many possibilities <3
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    edited July 2022
    I tend to gravitate towards three different pre-mades:

1. River McIrish (Base game)
    B88CFFA9-5CA1-4E9C-94F0-6212982FE3B5.jpeg
    My altered in CAS version of her

2. Bebe Hart (Base game)
    AVvXsEjjbnvDU8HwNCOdXJvH8YaCqL2yhUPc-dXbQjQiH8O2TYP7BDsKi4G8FF0Kas4omkt3TtHrdOhM8H9jVlTaVhv3LI6IJb-0ovL7bcB51nnnSdXAiVQfKgRCtta1-m6CgF6A2C8aZK7woPzUYBNdB9iHGLvF5f2oPsuxPeBm__xzjk74-RDwenLokfNVqA
    My altered in CAS version of her

3. Samantha Gray (Ubiversity EP)
    AVvXsEhpE3nsO-ps4t8qDLv_eq3Ykp62tGPiS151mXFpT75NHmfp1jfX_NBXxNQe4EHK_i-pRhN64N_eeNM8DG4XRVYjhUmZeFhoQ_Y5iIlMa3z7CzNIx7-bpvvRyL5lE4TtsIn0MnmLvmXqQ2X4hejUKLc3Dm9gvkz1m-WjCi1mL2Q6Dh2xjoYfJUxjiuPHyA
    My altered in CAS vers- I think you get the picture… 😁

All the rest of my Sims are CAS created sims. It’s not that I don’t like using premades, but in order for me to get a decent story out of them, I need to feel a certain affinity towards them - (make them “mine” so to speak.

If I can’t feel connected to a premade sim, the story just doesn’t turn out well - I won’t be able to put my whole heart into my story.

That’s why I use CAS to tweak premades into something I can work with.

I’ve said before that the background story for River McIrish mirrors the same backstory as my RL wife of 22 years. Single mother raised her, lived with another single younger parent with a daughter. Mama’s husband decided to bail as did the husband of younger single roommate who was a mother with daughter. The Single Mom’s Household could have entirely been lifted from my wife’s experience - There’s quite a few families with that very same experience in RL So it’s nothing new. But for me, personally, since my wife had that experience, so similar to River’s; well it speaks to me on a visceral level.

So now you see why I want to give River that “happy” family story, it strikes “close to home”. My wife is American of Irish descent - and the last name of River is an indicator of a “stereotype - McIrish”. That’s why I’ll always choose her to be my sim:Haruo’s spouse. Also gives me a good reason to pummel that other premade, Parker Langerak.

My RL wife in Sim form:
    3947533D-F31D-4549-AFC7-F21026B8B1C6.jpeg

Bebe Hart is the cute girl in school and well, I like her for the genetics and the fact that she is the polar opposite of who I match her up with: Haruo’s fictitious cousin who is studious and diligent (going to medical school - something Haruo isn’t).

Samantha Gray reminds me of the college crushes that I had in college. Artistic and tough. She’s quiet, more of a wallflower kind of girl, but still has a substantial head on her shoulders. Placed her with a fictitious cousin.

CAS for me is a means of tweaking premades to how I want them to look in my stories.

I wrote fanfiction for JAG on fanfiction dot net before I started playing the Sims so my background with writing is extensive. Hence my Sims stories start to look like 110K word novels by the time I get to Chapter 10. I rarely get to play a free-play game without one of my “plot-bunnies” jumping up and shouting “WRITE ME!!!!”

Coupled with 52 years of life experience on my part and a writer’s imagination, my sims stories tend to get weighty. So stories are more my bag than playing challenges. I play more for story ideas than play the game for the game. And as a relative newcomer to the Sims, through a health problem in Dec of 2016 that if had not gone favorably would have me being a roommate to cadavers enroute to being planted and long convalescence period, it hooked me nearly to the point of addiction - there was nothing else to do but sit, eat, play The Sims 3 and try to recover.

So that’s my long-winded answer.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    -I like all Sims whether created by me, premade by The Sims team or randomly created by the game.

Do you make stories out of your sims, play sims for challenges (ex: Not So Berry or challenges you make for yourself), for science reasons, play for achievements or just play the ts3 without really any personal goals? I guess to narrow it down, what kind of simmer are you?
    -I do not create stories for my Sims, rather I let their own stories unfold. I merely document their journey. As to what kind of Simmer I am, I can honestly say a curious one. I am not their God, nor do I wish to be. I'm merely a person who sits in front of my computer and engages with an intelligence whose end goal is to emulate human emotional life and behaviors to the best of its ability. My role is to help it through guidance.

When you play premade sims, do you edit their facial structures and or their traits (I unfortunately do this sometimes) or just leave them how they are? And do you change their outfits and hairstyles or do you let them wear whatever is randomly given to them?
    -It depends on the Sim. Yes, I alter some Sims appearances. I give some makeovers and others I totally remake. The reason isn't to beautify all Sims but rather to remove some horrible obstacles facial feature programming causes. I do this with traits as well, when necessary.

Do you have more than one save (Like myself) or do you focus on just the one save?
    -I have a massive amount of save files. There is literally one save file for each Sim household/family of the worlds I play. These files are only used when I am working with a Sim or Sim household. Once the household is complete, the Sim is saved to the library (.package form) and their save file is zipped for storage, and they are added to my rotational game (for that world).

Do you have a favorite sim(s) you absolutely love to play (premade or self made)?
    I don't make a Simself or Sims of real people whether known or unknown to me. I also don't have a favorite Sim or Sim family. I love/like/accept them all for who they are in a non-comparative way. Even the Sims whose personalities or behaviors I dislike, I love just the same.

-My favorite thing about TS3 is the autonomy system once the Learning system's AI has been properly engaged. The expansion pack I like the most is World Adventures because it brings so much to the game in terms of gameplay and objects. My favorite stuff pack is Master Suite & Diesel, I love the clothing options.

What lifestyles do you usually pick for your sims if you make them? (ex: chef, gardener, firefighter, medical etc)
    -My Sims, through their development pick their own lifestyle. I may start one with hopes of being them chef but if during their development they show signs of disliking cooking and enjoyment for something else, I will change whatever is needed to help them achieve their self-goal, be it a trait or traits, lifetime wish or location. My goal is to help them climb Maslow's hierarchy to become the Simulation they wish to be.

I played the Sims 3 on console long before I purchased it for the PC. I've been playing this game on PC since 2012.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    A little of both, I suppose. I prefer starting new saves as a single (typically YA female) sim of my creation, but I never make them a significant other in CAS. They always marry a premade or the offspring of a premade, depending on how long it takes them to marry. :lol:

I don't play challenges. Sometimes I make elaborate stories about my sims, but usually I just have a general background idea while I'm making them and then kind of just let their story play out organically.

I slightly edit premade facial structures if I find EA made them too exaggerated (looking at you, Bridgeport Giant Eye Syndrome!) but try to keep them looking like themselves. If they are a part of my active family, I do typically change their hair and clothes too. But I mostly leave inactives alone (Unless I'm in the Stylist career or something).

Multiple saves. Most of which have virtually no progress because I'm indecisive. :lol: Shoutout to my Costova Family save. I miss you guys. I'm sorry I neglect you. :(

I adore almost every sim I've made, but I think my favorite self-made sim is Yasmine Boutello:
    apSIuwQ.png
    (With an honorable mention to my avatar sim: Valentyna Prochazka.

Favorite premade is Thornton Wolfe. With an honorable mention to Appaloosa Plains's Gavin Pinkerton. Because they're hot. :wink:

The open world and the aesthetic style. It's more realistic, which is my cup of tea. My favorite packs are Generations for the added family elements and Late Night because I physically couldn't live without Bridgeport.

Depends heavily on the sim. As I said, I have an idea of the type of people the sims I make are, and that includes their vocation. For example, Yasmine is a fashionista, so in any save games I play with her I choose the Stylist career for her. :smile:

The day it came out! So 13 years. :smiley:
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    I prefer creating my Sims to playing with premade Sims. It's because that way I can experiment with creating different types of Sims.

It depends on what Household I'm playing with at the moment.

Leave them as they are

Have two ongoing Saves

I do have a lot of favourite Sims, but out of the ones I created my absolute favourite have to be either Harold Rivers, Keanu Thompson, Erling Broderick or Naomi Matthews. Harold due to the fact his Traits are similar to the original character I often write about (and the fact you can't have him without having Lucas Hill in the same Save, as both are cousins). Keanu was fun to play, and also an example of character divergent from the character that used to appear in my old Harry Potter fanfiction (He's the only Sim I haven't yet recreated on my new laptop, but I plan to recreate him when I get Island Paradise, because I love the idea of a sorcerer becoming a sea captain). Erling is based on another OC of mine, due to the fact he is somewhat skeptical of his older sister's interest in the paranormal and finally, Naomi. She is flighty and often ends up with another Sim I used to have on my old laptop named Perseus (I haven't recreated Perseus yet) due to the fact they are an odd couple: outgoing, flighty, confident girl and shy, courageous, athletic boy.

The fact there is unlimited potential and Sims you can create

For me, it depends on Traits or Lifetime Wishes.

Since August 2017
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited July 2022
    A mixture of both.

I am not a story teller and am not interested in challenges. I play to see how genetics pan out over several generations.

I have yet to see a premade sim that I didn't think needed some tweaking. A lot of premades are, in my opinion, lazily made with one or two features which are extreme and the rest of the slider positions left at default. Not only do I tweak slider positions, I also change, hair, skin and clothes.
    I don't normally bother with the bin sims but have, on occasion, given them makeovers (genetic and cosmetic) to see if they were worth playing. Here's an example of one of my makeovers for a bin sim:
    Before:
    41922832702_730aea3129_h.jpg
    After:
    41067674675_1d65d5ee27_h.jpg

I tend to have several saves at any given time but do find that I focus on one more than the others.

I have many favourites: self made, premade and born-in-game. Whoever I am playing at any given time is my "favourite" ;)

The open worlds, Story Progression (modded not EA), and the amazing number of mods which are available so that I can play the game in the way I want.

Although I have had sims with careers outside the home, I prefer my sims to be self-employed so that they can work on my main focus - genetics - by staying at home and making and raising kids.

Since the game was released :)
  • ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    @StephSteb Very true. I do find myself making new saves, because then I start getting ideas of, "What can I do with this sim." or "I wonder what it would be like to play a genie." I try really hard to keep it at no more than two saves, but I just end up failing at that.

@Nikkei_Simmer I can totally understand that. I love that River, Bebe and Samantha has some sort of relation to you. I always loved Samantha Grey. She reminds me of a childhood friend I grew up with since 4th grade. I always had her and my simself become best friends. But I can totally understand that. Pretty much why I spend the most hours playing sims I make based on myself and my family. The sims based on your rl wife is very beautiful, by the way! :smiley:

@mw1525 That's really cool that you love all sims, it's not something I hear often. I can't imagine have so many save files, but it's really cool that you enjoy multiple households!! I always love learning about different kinds of gameplays from other people whether they make stories, play out their real life in the sims, or even just sit and relax, it's all really awesome. Some of the features on sims do seem a bit over the top, I even try not to change too much of the sims, just that one feature or two that seems a bit off. I don't have Master Suit or Diesel, yet, but I'm hoping to get them soon if I still can. I would really love to see what comes with those packs.

@Emily4331 I used to do the exact same thing when I was younger. Before my husband and I started dating, I would make a simself and just have her marry a premade sim that fit closely to what I liked in a guy. But that was before sims 3. By the time I started playing sims 3, we were already dating. I can relate. I don't like too much of the premades facial features, but I will tweak their nose, chin, eyes whatever I feel is too exaggerated. I laughed so hard reading the giant eye syndrome. :D:D Yasmine is a very lovely sim! But I can understand becoming indecisive. There is just so much to do on the game that it's hard to not want to make a new save. It's funny, I even said to my husband that one of the things I love about sims 3 is how realistic it looks and the open world is always a plus. I like that I can have the members in my current household all at different places and I can switch back and forth to each one and check on them. 13 years is a long time, but honestly if I had the money back then to buy sims 3 when it came out, I probably would have played it for just as long too. :)

@Sleepstar That's really cool that you have sims you love playing. I love how they are oc's of your and how one of them came from a fanfic. I think a sorcerer becoming a sea captain would make for a really awesome storyline for a sim.

@Mikezumi Funny you mention genetics, that's why I made Lindsey. When I say science reasons, I wanted to see how the decedents would turn after after a couple or so generations. That and I've never really took advantage of the future pack, so I'm wanting to try out the Utoptian and Distopian thing. I've thought about installing a few mods, just to see if I would like them or not (That's not including hair, make-up and clothes), but last time I have cc on my sims game, it kept crashing the game. Especially when I would go to build/buy mode. If I spent more than 10 minutes in build/buy, the game would crash. I removed all cc and my game works perfectly fine. I'm worried mods might affect it the same. I love genetics. It's like opening up a blind-box. You have two sims that try for a baby and while the mom is pregnant, you sit there wondering who the baby will look more like, the mom or dad, and what their kids will look like and so on. :smiley:
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    edited July 2022
    I usually create my own sims. However, I have played with premades in the past, particularly in Twinbrook.

Do you make stories out of your sims, play sims for challenges (ex: Not So Berry or challenges you make for yourself), for science reasons, play for achievements or just play the ts3 without really any personal goals?
    I have done storytelling in the past and occasionally play to get achievements. Mostly I swap between doing challenges (but not legacies) and just playing 'freestyle'. If I'm playing 'freestyle', I usually start with a single sim with randomised traits.

When you play premade sims, do you edit their facial structures and or their traits or just leave them how they are? And do you change their outfits and hairstyles or do you let them wear whatever is randomly given to them?
    If my sims marry one of the premades, I will change their outfits and hair. I don't edit their face or traits.

Do you have more than one save or do you focus on just the one save?
    I have only one save, which I will play until I achieve what I want or else get bored. Then I scrap it and start a new save

My favorite thing about TS3 is the open world. I love having the camera follow my sims as they drive or ride around town.
    I don't have a favorite pack as there are things that I like about all of them

I don't have any one that I usually pick. Unless something particular is required for a challenge, the lifestyle is determined by the traits of my sim/s.

I started playing TS3 on PC in March 2013. Before that I was playing TS3 on DS console
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    I'm loading my game right now looking for the place I left off playing for my current video.

I play mostly my own sims but I do also play premade sims from various worlds. I haven't played all of the premade sims from any world. In my Big Game I play premade sims from Sunset Valley, Dragon Valley, Barnacle Bay, Lucky Palms, Isla Paradiso, Twinbrook and Moonlight Falls. I tend to rotate sims through whatever household I'm currently playing.

I make YouTube videos of the stories I make for my sims as well as for achievements.

When I play a premade sim I don't change their features but I might give them a custom skin. If they become a major character in one of my families that I play a lot I will might change their clothes but I would mostly leave them as they were originally. I feel if I change their features then they are a new sim so they will need a new name and possibly new traits too etc.

I have several saves.

I have a few sims I tend to go back to play occasionally. Sometimes I'll play a single sim for ages and then not play them again, but they will most likely be in one, or more, of my videos as a townie or in some other supporting role.

I like that I can do just about anything with my stories. I don't have to play structured game. If I want to go for achievements I do, but I don't have to achieve anything if I don't want to.

I tend to give my sims a variety of different occupations depending on how available I want them to be for me to play them. I like to have a gardener sim with a green thumb trait in most households. Sometimes I like to have a sim in the culinary career to get the special reward fridge, but I haven't got that fridge in any of my games for several years now.

I've been playing the sims since June 2009.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    @ButterWafflesAR Thank you
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    I largely play with Sims that I’ve created myself. In most instances, I only end up playing with pre-made Sims if they’ve married my own Sims. There’s only a couple of pre-made Sims I can really recall playing with on their own.

My gameplay is really quite freeform, so although I might have general ideas and headcanons about my Sims, I prefer to play through their day-to-day lives for the sake of exploring the game’s content, rather than writing stories or working through challenges. As far as creative expression goes, I can’t build or decorate, so I mostly create Sims.

I do my best not to touch their facial features or traits, although aging them down (or up) is not off the cards. Many times I will edit their outfits, especially outerwear since that one isn’t pre-determined by the game.

I have multiple saves in multiple different worlds.

Although I’m attached to every Sim I’ve created, my absolute favourite would have to be this scruffy skinny little nerd. He’s been with me since 2016 or so and lived many different lives.
    ej060B9.jpg

My favourite thing about TS3 would have to be the sandbox-style gameplay. I love that you’re absolutely free to set your own goals, play at your own pace, and try whatever you want. My favourite pack, hands down, would be Seasons. I especially love how vibrant the world looks in the autumn when all the leaves change colour.

Depends what I want to try in that particular save. But often, my Sims will have a myriad of skills to help rake in the Simoleons, and also because there are certain skills I love watching such as painting, martial arts, and the instrument skills.

Since late 2012, so almost 10 years now!
    @wendyyi1 I should try that sometime, making a sim with random traits instead of picking them out myself. It would be interesting to see how well I play the sim. I like that too about the world. I love how you don't have to wait for loading screens every time you want to shop or go on a date with another sim in town. I like to be able to be abled to check on each member of the household if the are all out, but in different locations. And I agree, there are many things to love about each pack. :)

@TinySpaceFox I get it, I even have two sims that I made and played back on ts2, that I brought to ts3. I don't play them like on ts3 like I did on ts2, but I love moving them into a random home in my saves just, because it's nice seeing them running around town. That and it helps to fill up the world a bit, make it less empty feeling. I agree! I love autumn, but I also love winter. I just feel like how you can make leaf piles and build snowmen and igloos. Can do without finding frozen people lying all over the beach, though. XD I love the dancing sim at the bottom, by the way.
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
    @wendyyi1 I should try that sometime, making a sim with random traits instead of picking them out myself. It would be interesting to see how well I play the sim.
    All my sims have at least one 'negative' trait because 'negative' traits aren't wholly negative. For example, sims with the Unlucky trait will only ever die of old age because Grim always feels sorry for them and gives them a reprieve.
    I think my most fun sim was a charismatic, mean-spirited kleptomaniac. The combination of charismatic and mean-spirited traits had surprising results.
    @wendyyi1 That's actually one of the reasons I love about playing Darlene. She has the unlucky trait. For some reason, it just makes it more fun. Like playing chance.
    Now, I want to make a sim, but give them the mean-spirited and charismatic traits. I want to see how it would play out.
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
    edited July 2022
    @ButterWafflesAR That's him on the left.
    Watching-TV.jpg
    He lived happily with 2 housemates and had lots of friends. Unless someone really annoyed him, he saved his mean side for female sims that he found attractive. As soon as I saw hearts, I knew what would happen unless I stopped him.
    He would approach the female sim and say something vile. They'd get upset; he'd then get bored and wander off to talk to his friends.
    One time the female sim was also mean-spirited and she wasn't going to put up with his nonsense. She slapped the heck out of him. That obviously impressed him because he tried flirting, which just made her angrier. I was laughing so much.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I prefer to make my own sims that are my active family. I have added premades to my active family through marriage and of course they get a makeover. :grin: I do interact with ea sims as part of my story lines.

I make my own stories, drama's and mysteries for my sims. I don't like challenges and break my own rules all the time if I'm silly enough to try to impose a rule on my story. :lol:

I do edit ea sims if I add them to my family but try to keep them so they are still recognizable. I do change clothing or hair to townies if my sims are interacting with them and they are wearing something silly or makes my eyes bleed.(bathing suit in winter etc)

I have several ongoing stories.

I love the sims in my Ballan family save. They are a mixture of my own sims, sims that were gifted to me from fellow simmers and a few ea sims.

I love the open world and being able to see what all my sims are doing in that world and not just following one. It really enhances storytelling. My favorite pack is supernatural. I love all things occult. Most of my stories involves the supernatural.

It really varies depending on the story. I've done all the careers except firefighter and criminal. Some of my sims start out independently wealthy so they don't have to work. They are usually too busy solving mysteries or raising babies.

How long have you been playing ts3? I started in 2012, dag...10 years come October.
    @bekkasan I can relate. I change a sim's features as well, but I don't like changing way too much about them, so that they are still them. It's usually something like the nose is too exaggerated, or the eyes are too large or far too small, something like that and unfortunately.... A trait...or two. I really got to stop doing that. I love the open world too. I like being able to see what all my sims are doing at once when they are on separate parts of the map from each other. OOOO!!!! I love mysteries!

@wendyyi1 I knew someone who your sim reminds me of. Every time he liked a girl, he would pick on them a little and then get upset that the girl didn't respond very well. :D Sounds like your sim found the woman of his dreams.
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
    I almost always create new Sims via CAS. I've almost never played as any of the pre-made Sims in any of the games, and even then, I typically do so only when my CAS Sim(s) married them.
  • Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    Both! Mainly creating my own.
  • Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    I will answer all the questions for fun!
    I am the type of simmer, that loves exploring challenges. But, I also like to play just for fun, lol.
    I sometimes edit the characters. I use testingcheatsenabled true cheat ALOT! So, I do edit the characters traits a lot. Sometimes I do let them wear whatever was randomly given to them and sometimes I change it. Just depends.
    I totally have more than 1 save I play.
    I have a legacy that I have been doing for a while now. They are probably my favorite to play. It is an alphabetical legacy, but with names of food. Lol! I thought it was funny how her kids are named after foods! XD
    My favorite thing about ts3 is probably making random characters and playing them throughout their life. My favorite pack is probably generations.
    I'd say I pick the Journalism career the most.
    I have been simming since 2015.
  • ley65ley65 Posts: 19 Member
    i don't know what kind of simmer you'd count me as, but i love CAS! sims 3 cas is certainly a little empty without CC but i do like some of the fashion so i don't mind. but, i mostly use the pre-made face options instead of using the sliders since too much time in CAS makes me a bit bored. sometimes i randomize the traits, just to see what the game gives me. i don't typically play with a goal, but sometimes i get ideas of what i'd like for my sims! though, thats one thing i like about the sims 3, i feel like there is just more to go off of, so the game might throw something random at me to work with and becomes part of the story!
  • octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    I prefer to create my own sims, but do on occasion play premade households.
    I tend to not have any goals when playing out a sim's life, though I do like to build up their skills, and I occasionally build up the home and family for some sims.
    I don't usually edit the features of premades but often edit the features of their born in game children to make them either more interesting looking or less or more cartoony or cute in their facial features. One world that I have found myself editing most of the sims was Bridgeport because the a lot of the sims there are very cartoony in appearance, and I have a save where I edited most of the premades in Bridgeport to make them less exaggerated.
    I play with more than one save.
    Yes, there are some sims that I love to play with but so far they have all been sims that I had created. My interest in one sim or household is changeable, however, and I do flip flop between households and saves.
    I love the open world of TS3, and watching inactive household sims live their lives without my having to intervene. I also love being able to choose the textures/patterns of so many objects in their world or house. I like that players can create their own worlds, though I haven't done this myself.
    I like the self-employed careers such as gardener, painter, inventor or sculptor. I like that I can watch my sims their whole day, without them disappearing to work for hours, if I'd want.
    I have been playing ts3 since 2020.
  • SimmingWithDanaeSimmingWithDanae Posts: 15 Member
    I like both, but I don't like to mix them. I have to have either a full neighborhood of premades or a full neighborhood of custom sims. If I need to add custom sims to a neighborhood full of premades for the sake of pairing everyone up, I'll try to connect them to the premades. For example, I once had the idea in the Sims 2 to give Don Lothario a brother and a sister to move into town.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,891 Member

I do the same, i have a neighbourhood with Caliente / Bjergsen / Villareal on the same block in Oasis springs ! Sociology in my game is very important ...

Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • ltawtltawt Posts: 11 New Member
    I normally play with my own sims but the family I’m focused on at the moment are premade sims!

I do like to create a small story with my sims I start out small and then slowly build off the little ideas I first started out with. I haven’t tried doing one of the sims challenges though but I would like too in the future sometime.

Hmm… I sometimes redo their clothes and hair if they bother me and i Might change some traits but not by much.

I just noticed this but I normally do 2 saves per family.

I loveeeee the working family household in Sunset Valley.

I really love the mermaids… when I was younger the Island Paradise expansion didn’t work on the laptop that I had it would always crash so I would have to leave it uninstall with my new laptop I can play it after I had to remove some things from the world to get rid of the lag.

What lifestyles do you usually pick for your sims if you make them? (ex: chef, gardener, firefighter, medical etc) Recently im into gardening and the cooking skill!

Since I was younger I can’t remember the exact age but it’s been around 6-8 years now.