Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

High School Years Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    edited July 2022
    • The traits look fun
    • So I don't really like any of the really thin ponytails in the sims, so I am glad to have a thick braid ponytail that also happens to have a bang.
    • I like that they gave us more school uniforms.
    • Thank goodness they are letting us remodel the school and event lounge.
    • CAS is rather nice, I spied some checkered pants that I'll be using a lot.
    • Build and buy has a lot of stuff and a lot of it reminds me of retro style and I like it.
    • I am glad to have crushes.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    It occurs to me that there is nothing inside the school building to distinguish it as being located in Copperdale. In fact, the whole school complex is pretty generic, so I don't see why it's necessary to have a school in other Sim worlds. Snow might accumulate on the football field in the winter if you have Seasons, which might break the immersion for people playing in Oasis Springs, though. Anyway, I'm glad that we'll have Cassandra Goth and Malolm Landgraab in the same space.
  • Options
    Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    deedles64 wrote: »
    Handel wrote: »
    Man, I have a lot of teens. Would be nice to have an active school to meet other teens and have that teen life at and rotating it with my parents jobs. PROM EVERY WEEK THOUGH!? I play on Long lifespan, I need to change that frequency. Every four weeks sounds ideal.
    I wonder if we can just skip the prom one week and choose to go to the following one instead, I assume so. I am thinking that we can go to whichever one is closest to our teens graduation and it will fill up with any teens still at the school. At least, I hope that is how it will work.

I also play a long life span with a 28 days per season so I am really hoping for a way to change the frequency. If not I think your idea may work out. 🤔

You can skip prom. It's definitely optional so if you don't want your teen going to prom unit closer graduation, you can do that
  • Options
    Phantasi33 wrote: »
    Handel wrote: »
    Man, I have a lot of teens. Would be nice to have an active school to meet other teens and have that teen life at and rotating it with my parents jobs. PROM EVERY WEEK THOUGH!? I play on Long lifespan, I need to change that frequency. Every four weeks sounds ideal.
    I wonder if we can just skip the prom one week and choose to go to the following one instead, I assume so. I am thinking that we can go to whichever one is closest to our teens graduation and it will fill up with any teens still at the school. At least, I hope that is how it will work.

I also play a long life span with a 28 days per season so I am really hoping for a way to change the frequency. If not I think your idea may work out. 🤔

You can skip prom. It's definitely optional so if you don't want your teen going to prom unit closer graduation, you can do that

While it is nice to be able to skip prom, I won't lie, its going to be annoying getting a prom alert every week for the entire year, on top of all the other weekly event pop ups I get. I really wish I could have just chosen whatever date I wanted it on this way it wouldn't be so annoying and it would feel like a special once in a lifetime event.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I really like the map down on the right corner, the one with the pier. Could see myself creating different saves there.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I'm warming up to this EP. Really like what I have seen so far.

What I am curious about is if you can limit it to one prom end of year kind of thing on calendar. Maybe use other spaces for career days or even just a school dance (sock hop) for those that remember those.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Bluegayle wrote: »

What I am curious about is if you can limit it to one prom end of year kind of thing on calendar. Maybe use other spaces for career days or even just a school dance (sock hop) for those that remember those.

From what everyone is saying, prom is scheduled to happen every week.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I am so excited about all of the new foods! New recipes are my favorite for any pack or update. I made a list of what I’ve noticed so far.
    Sliders: Fried chicken, veggie, hamburger
    Tortilla wrapped veggie dogs and hot dogs, meatball tamale bites and rainbow brownies.
    Junior & senior lunch options (I’m guessing this is what we’ve been seeing on the divided trays.)
    Ice cream: cookie dough and mint chocolate chip (I hope you’ll be able to make these flavors using the ice cream maker from cool kitchen stuff and add them to the menus at restaurants)

I hope there are new quick meal options as well.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »

😱😱😱😱 oh cool I didn't know we were getting that!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    thetiredoakthetiredoak Posts: 2 New Member
    I actually like the weekly prom, like you can go as a junior and then again as a senior
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Aye. I had a prom open to both juniors and seniors so I'll likely leave it for like, ohhh math...around 56 days of high schoool...meh I'll figure it out for like the later years of a teen lifespan.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited July 2022
    1. Traits are good. Curious to see how they play out.
    2. Teen only aspirations are good and sound promising.
    3. Being able to send multiple sims to school at once is a relief.
    4. In the live stream at least, performance was good.
    5. CAS and BB look great. I really love the N7 chair but I don't do preorders.
    6. Wants and fears sound really promising and Im happy to have them back.
    7. Sexual/romantic orientation customization is great and well done. Still needs some tweaks/additions but a great start. I'm really happy for the FWB addition + segregation of woohoo from romance for ace/aro folks.
    8. Im still unsure how crushes work but they sound promising.

Edit: sneak out window & terrace+ladder is great. And the consequences to doing badly in school were really awesome to hear!
    Post edited by BlueR0se on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Weekly schedule.

v9ObSl0.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I noticed that Clueless outfit as well it's nice to see some fashion that is not modern in this pack. I wonder if there are some more high school themed items preferable from Buffy maybe I will take a look I usually avoid CAS content videos.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I noticed that Clueless outfit as well it's nice to see some fashion that is not modern in this pack. I wonder if there are some more high school themed items preferable from Buffy maybe I will take a look I usually avoid CAS content videos.

I think you'll be able to create some of Buffy's looks. She had so many iconic fashion moments. I really liked how they dressed her.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member

I saw that it just seems weird to have it that way. Is it now a school year finished in a sim week? LOL I never had a prom but just seems like a lot so I am hoping can adjust that.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Although the livestream was two hours long, I didn't think they would be able to cover everything.

We know there is prom; yet, I plan to add the following teen events to my calendar:
    1. Homecoming
    2. Winter Formals
    3. Sadie Hawkins Dance
    4. Costume Party
    5. Pool Party
    6. Karaoke-themed party

My goal is to try and mix things up a bit so that nothing feels too repetitive.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I wonder how the auditorium cycles through the different lot types. For the community spaces you need to vote, so wonder what's the trigger here.
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    @Hearts4u I’m so glad you brought up other party ideas! I was going to do something similar in my game instead of thinking of it as a reoccurring prom every week. For sure going down the lines of imagining the dances are homecoming, winter formal, etc...then prom!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I wonder how the auditorium cycles through the different lot types. For the community spaces you need to vote, so wonder what's the trigger here.

Most likely scheduled events.
    Prom, Career Day, Graduation are on the calendar.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    jpajari wrote: »
    @Hearts4u I’m so glad you brought up other party ideas! I was going to do something similar in my game instead of thinking of it as a reoccurring prom every week. For sure going down the lines of imagining the dances are homecoming, winter formal, etc...then prom!

This is totally doable because in the livestream SimGuruGeorge said that prom is totally customizable. So, we can decorate it the way we want to make it fit our party/dance themes. He mentioned having a Spring Fling Dance; so, that will also be on my list.

When I ran across this video on YouTube, I thought to myself—why not have an elegant prom or elegant winter formal.
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member

I saw that it just seems weird to have it that way. Is it now a school year finished in a sim week? LOL I never had a prom but just seems like a lot so I am hoping can adjust that.

It doesn't look like you can adjust it but you can skip going to it.
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    jpajari wrote: »

Yes! That's a great idea too.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member

It doesn't look like you can adjust it but you can skip going to it.

Do you know if it's possible to delete from the calendar? My plan is to just delete them all until the last week of my sim being a teen. I really hope we can, we can delete all other events but prom might be a unique one.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @Bluegayle @sam123 Here's what simguruGeorge said about the prom schedule:

Screenshot%202022-07-16%20125910.png?dl=0

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top