Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family orientated 100 baby challenge

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @Signofhatred, we love twins, we embrace them, we “wish”for more in our games ;):D

@Llandros2012 Your family is looking so lovely now. Hehehe love that little tv, not too expensive but can do everything a big plasma can. I have my kids do school projects on weekends, I don’t bother too much about aspirations with this version of my 100 baby challenge. Bryanna is such a cutie <3 AweSim update

@all I will start a bit later today, if I get time, I have a string of Dr appointments again grrr, follow ups from my ER visit last week. I have to leave in about 45 minutes time, so won’t load my game up right now. Can’t wait to read all your cool stories when I return :)
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    @mcrudd i was going to ask you if you bothered with aspirations for the kids - I only did these because it was the weekend and I had nothing else to do for the kids - they will both have A’s on Monday and can age up so I just let them do it - I won’t for most of the though - it gets to tedious and repetitive
    edited July 2022
    @mcrudd i was going to ask you if you bothered with aspirations for the kids - I only did these because it was the weekend and I had nothing else to do for the kids - they will both have A’s on Monday and can age up so I just let them do it - I won’t for most of the though - it gets to tedious and repetitive

@Llandros2012 Nope it got a bit much last time, so I tried to take out everything that made me want to stop playing the last 100 baby challenge so that its enjoyable and worth completing, its very easy and very relaxed this time round, having two parents is also a bonus, no aspirations to stress a person out. It goes quicker because you basically play from Monday to Monday in game and then a new little one can be born. Making the challenge fly by and not feel as if its dragging out. Once your family is in routine and have enough money for all the goodies you might need it gets so much easier and more relaxed to play. I will add my first post with the new rules in the spoiler below for you ;)
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I very much enjoyed doing the 100 baby challenge a while back. I did however battle a bit with the idea of all the different men being used to have the babies. I am very much a family person in real life and in my gameplay. So last night I thought of a new challenge to do, similar but a few more rules and more family orientated. I know it will not be as much fun genetic wise, because you will have the same two parents throughout the challenge, but it will still be interesting. This one will be easier and go quicker as well, so it does not drag out for months even years for some players. So here are the rules.

You need a freshly made couple, one must be able to fall pregnant and one must be able to make another sim pregnant.
    They need to have a married relationship from the start.

No money cheats, only make money with crafts at home for eg painting. No one is allowed to get a job.
    No lot traits that will let you have twins or the use of any of the lifetime point traits and rewards.
    If you have spa day, no fertility massages, if you get twins it must be the game giving you them.
    No tv or radio to enhance chances of twins.
    No cheats except for resetsim when required due to sim crashing or stuck.

Here is the aging up rules (easy to make this fun)
    Babies can age up after 3 days (duration of pregnancy) (one baby at a time unless game gives you twins)
    Toddlers age up when they have three skill points in each skill.
    Children age up when they are top student with A
    Teens age up when they are top student with A
    Once a young adult your kids can stay for a while and help out if they want too, or move out immediately.

Main rule to make this work. Play with Aging off. Toddlers, kids, and teens get aged up with cake only.
    Most important rule. Please have fun, if the above rules are too hard, then adjust it for yourself if you want too.

I am excited to share my adventures with you while doing this challenge. Please feel free to join in if you want to attempt it with me. I am going to load my game now and start, happy simming to you all <3

@all just got home, will load my game a bit later, a little stressed right now and need coffee and my recorded programs first.
    Gonna load my game now :)
  • Dinkus83Dinkus83 Posts: 127 Member
    @Llandros2012 Yeah, I had some extra play time for a few days. Home with Covid and not much else to do lol. I'll slow down now though. It goes faster once you get into a routine with it too, I think. Welcome Bryanna!

@mcrudd Hope your Dr visits went well :)

@all I have gotten most of my kids' aspirations done, cuz they're usually done before they get an A in school. (Except for the social one. Hate that one.) It is probably different for me though, since my kids don't have school projects to do. Not much to do after homework, so aspiration is just something for them to do after that's done. But, since it's not necessary for this challenge, a couple have aged up before finishing.

I did actually end up playing a bit more last night, cuz I couldn't sleep. So, I'll get that update here in a few. I was right about being wiped out after going back to work today though. Came home and passed out on the couch immediately this afternoon lol. I may play some tonight, but I'm still tired, so probably not much.
    The Archers - Week 19

Sunday, Timothy had nothing worthwhile to work on. Just waiting on his A in school. So, Dean convinced him to take up the piano, so that he would have someone to mentor to complete his aspiration. Valerie watched closely ;)Did you know that when someone is playing an instrument, a toddler can "Listen" and gain imagination?
    0kAZwaN.jpg
    Orlando drops in for a visit and almost gets smacked in the face.
    9cduxvO.jpg

Timothy got his A and is ready for his last cake.
    yQWaBYz.jpg

And he moves in with his brothers. At this rate, I'll have to build a 3rd boys house before a 2nd girls house. :/
    IrC8vKN.jpg

Penelope stops by for a visit too, but Orlando informs her that she's too late for cake.
    SAl5WE3.jpg

Eva has big news again!
    1rW9DYb.jpg

And then birthdays! Valerie is ready to start school
    ulDuEDN.jpg
    9MPeRGU.jpg

And Wyatt is ready to be a toddler!
    l2ih253.jpg

The next day Ullal is ready to move on to high school.
    HrIcW2K.jpg
    rjrQJSv.jpg

Eva tries to help Wyatt with blocks, but I don't think she can actually see them over that belly.
    0JK19Ih.jpg

Apparently, high school isn't all it was cracked up to be, so Ullal decides to do some angry dancing when he gets home.
    x1HemsD.jpg

Time for another Dean freak out!
    hSzLNji.jpg

Welcome baby Xolani! Yay, a girl!
    31cH1bl.jpg

The family now - up to baby #25
    f9jtFSP.jpg

The grown kids:
    1. Aliyah - Self-Assured, Outgoing, Jealous. Party Animal
    2. Brynnlee - Good, Geek, Erratic. Computer Whiz
    3. Cecilia - Art Lover, Clumsy, Goofball. Musical Genius
    4. Dane - Genius, Cheerful, Active. Nerd Brain
    5. Ellie - Glutton, Erratic, Clumsy. Master Chef
    6. Forrest - Dog Lover, Lazy, Art Lover. Friend of the Animals
    7. Gideon - Active, Neat, Art Lover. Bodybuilder
    8. Hayden - Vegetarian, Self-Assured, Noncommittal. Friend of the World
    9. Hudson - Geek, Goofball, Materialistic. Joke Star
    10. Isaac - Loves Outdoors, Gloomy, Perfectionist. The Curator
    11. Jordan - Perfectionist, Loner, Romantic. Bestselling Author
    12. Keira - Slob, Goofball, Romantic. Fabulously Filthy
    13. Lizbeth - Glutton, Vegetarian, Cat Lover. Freelance Botanist
    14. Maci - Dog Lover, Active, Vegetarian. Friend of the Animals
    15. Nathaniel - Mean, Hot-Headed, Animal Enthusiast. Public Enemy
    16. Orlando - Creative, Art Lover, Bro. Painter Extraordinaire
    17. Penelope - Creative, Goofball, Family-Oriented. Musical Genius
    18. Quintin - Bookworm, Bro, Music Lover. Nerd Brain
    19. Ramiro - Hot-Headed, Self-Assured, Bookworm. Friend of the World
    20. Stefan - Glutton, Self-Assured, Good. Bodybuilder
    21. Timothy - Good, Bookworm, High Maintenance. Renaissance Sim
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    The current Easely family -

1H2VZVq.png
    Summer rolled around so Evan and Kylee took a quick afternoon trip to Sulani - and things progressed as expected!

Kt8fvDk.png

They left the beach and headed to the Starlight Accolades where Baako Jang did his best Dirk Dreamer impression. We weren't nominated so we didn't win but it was fun to go anyway until it glitched out.

N43kT32.png

The real prize came after we got home and Kylee took a pregnancy test.

4LmD3FO.png

The kids came home on Monday with grades up and ready for birthday cake!

Z00aFhh.png

Ayden aged up first this time.

QFfnDkZ.png

Quickly followed by Annabelle with the same cake.

M7sSTBZ.png

The twins got busy doing their extra credit work - in the bathroom on the wet floor for some unknown reason.

JglA4uO.png

Bryanna aged up as well and got straight to work on a school project.

JUXmSWw.png

Ayden took after his dad and found himself working out when ever the opportunity was available.

tzAvA7y.png

Annabelle seems to be more of a neat sim and spent the evening cleaning up after everyone.

kRlarty.png

The last family portrait before the twins will be heading out on their own.

1qs6rpH.png

Before any one knew it, the twins were aging up to young adult. This time Annabelle went first.

KwokGr9.png

Ayden took a more casual formal look but that is his way.

kqw4I9i.png

The hospital was pure chaos - the doctor quit mid-delivery and we had to wait around for a new doctor to show up. I had never seen that happen before but at least Evan stayed in the room with his wife!

JwvAQnm.png

Baby # 4, Bronson Easely, joined the house just after midnight to a very relieved household.

QHPuGj7.png
    @Dinkus83 thanks, it was a bit stressfull, following up tomorrow afternoon with general surgeon. You must take it easy, you will be exhausted for a while to come. Mmm very interesting about the listen and gaining imagination, so much of the game I still don’t know years on from playing it. Hahah bet Penelope was a little upset missing out on cake LOL. Congratulations on the pregnancy Eva. Happy birthday to all of the kiddo’s. Oh my gosh look at Ullal’s face while doing angry dancing. Hello baby girl Xolani <3 Great update.

@Llandros2012 Love your family pic, so cute <3 What a romantic photo at the waterfall, I see its produced a little surprise :) Homework on a wet bathroom floor, mmm that’s a little worrying LOL. Annabelle looks lovely in her adult photo. Ayden is a very handsome young man too. Welcome little Bronson <3 Lovely update ;)

@all, my update will follow soon ;)
    The Atkins family as they are now <3
    BP8NIZK.png
    Neve moved out
    pUACknx.png

Olivia and Odin are teens
    oBURFPJ.png
    bSvyQwl.png

Paula is a child (she loves formal wear since a toddler)
    KpDBljq.png

Quin is a toddler
    KDNG7PB.png

Baby number 45 was born, introducing
    Rene Atkins
    quL3mBx.png
    1uKxxhd.png
    21bLyrk.png
    Odin and Olivia moved out
    sW3L72U.png

Paula is a teen
    0DsBrtP.png

Quin is a child
    k5AGP3S.png

Rene is a toddler
    NuhFsVN.png

Introducing baby number 46
    Sarah Atkins
    Rf7o5X0.png
    31oH5OM.png
    @Llandros2012 Congrats on twins age up and big news! Bathroom homeworks are the best ;) Welcome baby Bronson!

@mcrudd Yeah, the listening for imagination is something I hadn't ever noticed until this save. I guess I don't have enough musically inclined sims lol. Hope everything has gone well with your follow ups. I had to take my aunt for her ER follow up as well yesterday, so I know it can be stressful. Congrats on Neve moving out; she looks very excited! And the rest of your age ups as well, such cute kids. Welcome baby Rene! And the twins are out now too, back to normal schedule for a bit :) Paula looks very pretty with her formal look again. Welcome baby Sarah! You're nearing the end of the alphabet again!

@all I haven't gotten through much the last couple days, but I have short work this afternoon, so hopefully will get update posted before I need to go in. Hoping to accomplish more on my game this weekend. Should be a chill couple of days at home ;)
    The Archers - Into Week 20, but first, Fire Day!

Fire Day starts off dreary and full of thunderstorms, as it always does. So, the family sits inside and plays some cards.
    qshFw96.jpg
    The kids get some holiday crackers to open... Another disappointment.
    gQL5hw2m.jpg8AvDgnFm.jpg

So, tired of it all, the family packs up for a trip to the beach instead!
    mQt84zM.jpg

Apparently it takes both parents and a lifeguard to keep watch on little Wyatt while the other kids go for a swim.
    vKNeFPD.jpg

Ullal makes some new friends while Wyatt takes a nap.
    wbKawZI.jpg

And Valerie goes off to try some fishing. Fishing at this spot did count for her Scout badge... I'm so confused.
    ON04jjp.jpg

The next day, I'm reminded why they went off to the beach. Lucky to have a house to return to :D
    rBTLD5f.jpg

But Wyatt is ready for cake, so we have a celebration anyway!
    KeYT7BP.jpg
    AzbHMZ9.jpg

Eva got zapped and ended up with strange buffs. I had just bought her and Dean the storm chaser trait since she hadn't been able to deal with the garden in days. I'm guessing Supercharged comes from that, but she's not erratic, so the other is extra weird.
    u4WB9ISm.jpgtUxw3cbm.jpg

Back to happy news, Xolani is ready for toddlerhood!
    bluxaRI.jpg

Everyone comes home from school and has a dance party...
    l08Ttmd.jpg

Because it's time for Ullal's last cake!
    ixxbff9.jpg

And he moves out with his brothers.
    rLIdObI.jpg

Eva has more big news.
    R8hQvXS.jpg

And the next day is Valerie's turn for cake!
    8uSlHmg.jpg
    SJN59tk.jpg

The family now - still at #25, but #26 is on the way soon :)
    6HqIQlr.jpg

The grown kids:
    1. Aliyah - Self-Assured, Outgoing, Jealous. Party Animal
    2. Brynnlee - Good, Geek, Erratic. Computer Whiz
    3. Cecilia - Art Lover, Clumsy, Goofball. Musical Genius
    4. Dane - Genius, Cheerful, Active. Nerd Brain
    5. Ellie - Glutton, Erratic, Clumsy. Master Chef
    6. Forrest - Dog Lover, Lazy, Art Lover. Friend of the Animals
    7. Gideon - Active, Neat, Art Lover. Bodybuilder
    8. Hayden - Vegetarian, Self-Assured, Noncommittal. Friend of the World
    9. Hudson - Geek, Goofball, Materialistic. Joke Star
    10. Isaac - Loves Outdoors, Gloomy, Perfectionist. The Curator
    11. Jordan - Perfectionist, Loner, Romantic. Bestselling Author
    12. Keira - Slob, Goofball, Romantic. Fabulously Filthy
    13. Lizbeth - Glutton, Vegetarian, Cat Lover. Freelance Botanist
    14. Maci - Dog Lover, Active, Vegetarian. Friend of the Animals
    15. Nathaniel - Mean, Hot-Headed, Animal Enthusiast. Public Enemy
    16. Orlando - Creative, Art Lover, Bro. Painter Extraordinaire
    17. Penelope - Creative, Goofball, Family-Oriented. Musical Genius
    18. Quintin - Bookworm, Bro, Music Lover. Nerd Brain
    19. Ramiro - Hot-Headed, Self-Assured, Bookworm. Friend of the World
    20. Stefan - Glutton, Self-Assured, Good. Bodybuilder
    21. Timothy - Good, Bookworm, High Maintenance. Renaissance Sim
    22. Ullal - Creative, Neat, Good. Lord of the Knits
    @Dinkus83 I will be using the listening in my other households I play, not so much this one. Bleh is how I would say the follow up went, thanks to covid no surgery though ;) (covid is rampant in NZ at the moment) Card games during thunderstorms is a tradition in our real life household too, we do that in case the electricity goes off, usually have a candle burning away as precaution too. Oooh are you playing shorter seasons, if my memory is correct this is your third fire day now. I play on the longest season setting. Aww Wyatt is well looked after while swimming. That is confusing, but atleast you are aware of a spot where it counts towards the badge now ;) Oh my gosh lightning struck a few times there :o Happy birthday to all. Congratulations on the pregnancy Eva :) AweSim update <3

@all sorry for the late reply, I have been super busy with real life today. I am hoping to load my game up in a few minutes time. I know almost all of them are ready for age ups, you won't believe it but I forgot to get Ann pregnant again LOL so yeah she is only in like her second trimester and everyone accomplished their goals ;)
    mwXY01W.png
    Paula moved out
    R8Tgxhs.png

Quin is a teen
    ixY7NHZ.png

Rene is a child
    cWY7hgm.png

Sarah is a toddler
    bSlKi7u.png

Introducing baby number 47
    Terrence Atkins
    ZN29x9h.png
    ltmUCc6.png

I also figured something out, well I went into full panic mode when Quin came home mortified, knowing that I had one child dying of embarrassment already. So google suggested they write in their diary, It works with all three the moods teens can have coming home from school, so now I have a diary in the teen bedroom. Its working so much better than bubble baths, jogs and so on ;)
    @mcrudd I have 14 day seasons, not sure if that's long or short lol. But, yes, that was their 3rd thunderstormy Fire Day :) And you'll have to start setting a baby making event in the calendar or something :D Congrats to Paula moving out and the rest of the age ups for your cute kids. Welcome baby Terrence! I don't know that I've ever even seen mortified, but I don't have Parenthood (which I assume is where journals come from), so maybe it changes teen moods more. Idk. Glad you figured out another way to deal with it though :)
    Dinkus83 wrote: »
    @mcrudd I have 14 day seasons, not sure if that's long or short lol. But, yes, that was their 3rd thunderstormy Fire Day :) And you'll have to start setting a baby making event in the calendar or something :D Congrats to Paula moving out and the rest of the age ups for your cute kids. Welcome baby Terrence! I don't know that I've ever even seen mortified, but I don't have Parenthood (which I assume is where journals come from), so maybe it changes teen moods more. Idk. Glad you figured out another way to deal with it though :)

Aaah so parenthood is the culprit. I was wondering why all your teens are so well behaved. My teens even with full fun needs (earbuds in during school) will get these horrible 8 hour long moodswings. Either mortified, very sad, or super tense. They override all moodlets since they are something redicilous like +50.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Dinkus83 wrote: »

Aaah so parenthood is the culprit. I was wondering why all your teens are so well behaved. My teens even with full fun needs (earbuds in during school) will get these horrible 8 hour long moodswings. Either mortified, very sad, or super tense. They override all moodlets since they are something redicilous like +50.

Thankfully, teens and younger are immune from the emotion deaths. You just have to be careful when they age up that they are not in such a strong emotional state as young adults are not immune to emotion deaths.
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Thankfully, teens and younger are immune from the emotion deaths. You just have to be careful when they age up that they are not in such a strong emotional state as young adults are not immune to emotion deaths.

Yeah that is where I went wrong, my sim teen was mortified, aged up and boom dead :o So now I am super careful with them especially on age up days, so the journal find is very helpful :)

@all update following in next post ;)

lkyRDXG.png
    Quin moved out
    3IRwoZR.png

Rene is a teen
    q2bIuWl.png

Sarah is a child
    V0S9fDx.png

Terrence is a toddler
    QEw6UTJ.png

Introducing baby number 48
    Ulrich Atkins
    WQNjnBt.png
    29BCFKf.png
  • SignofhatredlolSignofhatredlol Posts: 44 Member
    @Dinkus83 Welcome baby Xolani ❤️ Congrats on all the aging ups! It’s always good to do it all together 😉 Congrats on Eva’s new pregnancy!

@Llandros2012 Aww congrats on baby Bronson!! Annabelle and Ayden are lovely young adults ❤️

@mcrudd A warm welcome to baby Rene!! Paula is a beautiful girl, and Quin is a cutie! 🙂 Aww welcome baby Sarah! Welcome baby Terrence! Rene’s a lovely toddler ❤️ Congrats on baby Ulrich! Wow, the updates come in fast and hard! We’ll never be able to catch up to you 🙂

@all I decided to move to another, bigger house, to give the Owen family a more decorated environment. It turned out to be slower than expected… I didn’t have any time left to play; I spent it all building the house 🙂 Hopefully next time I’ll have more time…

Yesterday I aged up Gabriel and Henry to Teens, but unfortunately no one else could be aged up… waiting for the the twins to get As. 🙂
    @Signofhatredlol no need to try and catch up we all have different simming times. I am just very fortunate to be able to play all day every day LOL. Oooh can't wait to see your new bigger home, it does take some time to set up a new home. I quite enjoy it as well. Hope your twin girls get A's soon :)
    gDtbftK.png
    Rene moved out, Quin was there to give her a big brother hug
    ivKPJED.png

Sarah is a teen
    gb7Ht5I.png

Terrence is a child
    kExi3nB.png

Ulrich is a toddler
    d4p1ZWV.png

Introducing baby number 49
    Vince Atkins
    wMLy8fJ.png
    hD8N3Js.png

Baby 50 is next so its time to move again ;)
    edited July 2022
    Ignore that, giving up on that, doing something different now LOL
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @all When I can manage it, I will be starting over with a human/merkind couple. You have all come so far! Wow. :love:
    edited July 2022
    Rawla wrote: »
    @all When I can manage it, I will be starting over with a human/merkind couple. You have all come so far! Wow. :love:

Oooh that sounds so interesting, would make for beautiful tailed sims <3

@all update on build to follow, no gameplay today, been busy since this morning just with the build. Gonna save this one to my library, took forever LOL