Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Workaholic trait

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
edited May 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,

The Workaholic sims enjoy to work hard (career/school) and do work/homework at home. But they feel bad when they take it easy.
They like to spend time with Workaholic coworkers and talk about their job.
They do overtime and get rewards for their total commitment to the company.

Other activities are boring and doesn't interest them. Unemployment and Retirement are uncomfortable.
Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Comments

• TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Workaholic is already a Lifestyle though, it's pretty similar.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I turned off lifestyles, and I am not going back. They sometimes make no sense. Not having enough electricity to run the computer doesn't mean I'm turning into a technophobe.
    I never understood why lifestyles are gained over time, and not just another set of traits. Just give them to us as optional traits instead of ruining our game, yes? :)
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I wish we could buy lifestyles with satisfaction points rather than just through gameplay. I think they would be really expensive to give the player something to work towards and give a reason to play with the whims system.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I turned off lifestyles, and I am not going back. They sometimes make no sense. Not having enough electricity to run the computer doesn't mean I'm turning into a technophobe.

Exactly, just like not having a relationship at the moment (for which there could be a number of reasons) doesn't make you a happy single. I turned the lifestyles off because the system of acquiring them seemed to value what my sims weren't doing over what they were actually doing.

I wholeheartedly second the idea to turn lifestyles into another set of traits. That's what they really are, anyway.
    Adrenaline junkie would be a great trait as well... but they need to add more trait slots. Please bring back five trait slots, or more!
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,034 Member
    I love the idea of lifestyle traits that you gain through your behavior, in fact I wish there were more of them. Things like bookworm, art-lover, handy, vegetarian... those are things you become by choice and repeated action, not born with.

With that said, lifestyles are gained way too easily, and it's too annoying in how it is implemented and how your sim react. I want traits that just quietly guide my sims autonomy (bookworms prefer to read a book over watching tv, a vegetarian do not taka a plate of a dish if there is meat in it) or my sims' whims (an art lover often wants to go to a museum, someone who is handy wants to upgrade objects). I don't mind moodlets as such, but with lifestyles there seem to be too much focus on the negative moodlets and sims are tense all the time. Not to mention the "they are at danger of loosing their lifestyle" one. I don't get why it has to be such a big deal.

What I would really want is this:
    • A core personality on sliders (neat-slob, nice-mean, outgoing-loner, adventourous-habitual, active-lazy, confident-insecure, gloomy-cheerful)
    • Additional traits you are born with to add to that (romantic, genius, logical, creative, bro, evil, hard to learn, brave...). These would be given to your sim as they age up. Some might be tied to your birthplace (child of the islands, child of the ocean) and others tied to whatever occult species you belong to.
    • On top of that you'd have lifestyle traits you earn and that change with life events. Loosing one wouldn't be a big deal, and getting one would take more time. Character values would be in this category too.
    • Finally phases that come and go during life (toddler phases, childhood phases, teen phases, parenhood style traits, lifeevent traits (divorsee, cheated on, cheater, newly wed) midlife crises traits, and finally elder traits based on life lead and aspirations (grandparent, cougar, bitter, reminiscent, active elder...).
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
    JAL wrote: »
    I love the idea of lifestyle traits that you gain through your behavior, in fact I wish there were more of them. Things like bookworm, art-lover, handy, vegetarian... those are things you become by choice and repeated action, not born with.

With that said, lifestyles are gained way too easily, and it's too annoying in how it is implemented and how your sim react. I want traits that just quietly guide my sims autonomy (bookworms prefer to read a book over watching tv, a vegetarian do not taka a plate of a dish if there is meat in it) or my sims' whims (an art lover often wants to go to a museum, someone who is handy wants to upgrade objects). I don't mind moodlets as such, but with lifestyles there seem to be too much focus on the negative moodlets and sims are tense all the time. Not to mention the "they are at danger of loosing their lifestyle" one. I don't get why it has to be such a big deal.

What I would really want is this:
    • A core personality on sliders (neat-slob, nice-mean, outgoing-loner, adventourous-habitual, active-lazy, confident-insecure, gloomy-cheerful)
    • Additional traits you are born with to add to that (romantic, genius, logical, creative, bro, evil, hard to learn, brave...). These would be given to your sim as they age up. Some might be tied to your birthplace (child of the islands, child of the ocean) and others tied to whatever occult species you belong to.
    • On top of that you'd have lifestyle traits you earn and that change with life events. Loosing one wouldn't be a big deal, and getting one would take more time. Character values would be in this category too.
    • Finally phases that come and go during life (toddler phases, childhood phases, teen phases, parenhood style traits, lifeevent traits (divorsee, cheated on, cheater, newly wed) midlife crises traits, and finally elder traits based on life lead and aspirations (grandparent, cougar, bitter, reminiscent, active elder...).

I wish it would at least give the option of which lifestyles you actually want and what ones you don't want. A Sim who has to work nonstop to survive is not necessarily a workaholic.