Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

High School Years Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    utopiamoon wrote: »
    I have a question. Are the new cas items for teens only? Or can it be for young adults too? Some of the prom dresses will make a nice wedding dress I think 🤔

New clothing is for young adults, adults, elders.

I heard the opposite during the livestream
    Happy simming!
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Nushka wrote: »
    I have a question. Are the new cas items for teens only? Or can it be for young adults too? Some of the prom dresses will make a nice wedding dress I think 🤔

They just said clothes are very teen-specific in terms of style.
    In one of the mini trailers from Instagram/Twitter the principal was shown wearing a look form Trendi, so no, adults can totally wear them.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member
    Nushka wrote: »

Yeah, they did say it was just for teens but teens are in the same category as adults etc. So I would assume that everyone from teen up can wear them, unless they are changing the category which I doubt.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,823 Member
    After a full night to think it over, I'm even more jazzed for this Trendi app. I still won't buy anything off of it for my sims since it's a mystery until you get the package and open it, but I'm loving it for the money making potential for my sims. It's especially good and a nice addition alongside making tons of money painting. The ratio of time invested in creating the product to the profit it makes has the potential to dwarf painting since time pauses while you're in CAS making the items to list. SimGuruJessica did say you can make a lot of money on Trendi if you're good at it. My female werewolf has the Anti-Capitalist Canine temperament as does her husband so I need ways for them to earn money without being employed and this adds to my options for them. Plus there's the whole hilarious idea that an icon of fashion is also a werewolf with fleas. Well, it's funny to me.😉
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited July 2022
    The livestream only confirms what the trailer told, this pack is exactly what I need in my game.
    The good surprise is the game update, a lot of interesting things will be added soon.

It's worth the wait.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2022
    Deleted.
    This weird draft thing going on is messing up my messages.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited July 2022

I'm more excited for this then I should be 😆😆😆
    Never thought I'd be excited for any technology added to sims but here we are... I love what they did with the new app and the whole phone update.
    If anyone hasn't noticed by now I'm an emoji addict lol 🙃 (kakao has the best emojis😏)
    just the fact that we can use emojis thrill me😍😍
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited July 2022
    So far, I think the value of this pack, for me, will be all the stuff.
    CAS, Build buy, Apps, wants and fears, socials, body hair, Thrift/Tea shop.
    All the stuff that is fleshing out a teen lifestyle.

And curved walls.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    Deleted.
    This weird draft thing going on is messing up my messages.

@Babykittyjade they're aware and hopefully will be fixed soon.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1001280/forum-automatically-drafting-writing-in-comment-box#latest
    I'm going to watch the livestream either tonight or tomorrow. Parents want to do things and I can't be like "mooooom leave me alone I need to sim!😩"
    Lol. So I'm just gathering info here and there online. But i already know without watching it that this was worth the preorder! I'm super excited for this and happy to hear how much we can customize the school! Basically I can still make my dream haunted apocalyptic school if my understanding is correct. I just can't have it in other worlds which is perfectly fine. I know there are tech limitations. There is nothing in this pack that doesn't thrill me.
    When I finally get time I'm going to sit down and watch videos on the world so that I can start planning. I have all of my teens and families ready in my household favorites. I'm just waiting for the new pack to put them in the new world.
    I will start building early too so hopefully I can just jump into the new pack
    (After the mod destruction 😭).

The base game updates are a HUGE surprise and everything we're getting is amazing! There are soooooo many storylines and personalities that are going to make sense with the new orientation and woohoo partners updates.
    A lot of things I had to use cheats mods or imagination and now it's becoming REAL.
    I think we're getting crushes? Still not sure but if we are that's going to work so well with my sims!

I'm excited to see how modders expand on wants and fears or even the sims with future updates! I hope they don't forget about sentiments and keep adding to it. I love how much sentiments added to sims but we need more.

I can't thank the sims team enough for all that they do! 💛💛💛💛💛 they put smiles on a LOT of faces.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2022
    There is so much that I'm looking forward to doing once the release date is finally here. Making more teens and giving makeovers to existing ones with the new CAS items is on my list of things to do. Then, I'll be utilizing the new BB items to redesign 16 teen bedrooms. The teen I'll be playing has 15 friends and I want all of their bedrooms to fit their individual personalities.

Being that I play with aging off, I'm wondering if a teen can remain in high school? I haven't seen this answered anywhere.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    edited July 2022
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    There is so much that I'm looking forward to doing once the release date is finally here. Making more teens and giving makeovers to existing ones with the new CAS items is on my list of things to do. Then, I'll be utilizing the new BB items to redesign 16 teen bedrooms. The teen I'll be playing has 15 friends and I want all of their bedrooms to fit their individual personalities.

Being that I play with aging off, I'm wondering if a teen can remain in high school? I haven't seen this answered anywhere.

I am seeking that as well.
    What triggers graduation? Is it a set amount of time, or is it just before a sim ages up, or is it after they age up?
    If I turn off aging, are they in high school for as long as aging is off?

I have a lot of teens to makeover as well, with all the new clothing we are getting, plus I look forward to them discovering new outfits.
    Right now I am converting my Prep-school dorm into an actual school to replace the default one. That school is designed for Base-game and cannot take advantage of University, Seasons, Get Famous, Get To Work, etc. HSY seem mostly geared to Jocks and a slight nod to Geeks. So I am giving it the full art studio/drama treatment, and also a science lab.

So while some sims are off to the cheer-leading rabbit holes, my other sims can occupy themselves with the science lab, art studio, acting stage, or school library with Research computers.
    edited July 2022
    CK213 wrote: »

What triggers graduation? Is it a set amount of time, or is it just before a sim ages up, or is it after they age up?

I have a lot of teens to makeover as well, with all the new clothing we are getting, plus I look forward to them discovering new outfits.
    Right now I am converting my Prep-school dorm into an actual school to replace the default one. That school is designed for Base-game and cannot take advantage of University, Seasons, Get Famous, Get To Work, etc. HSY seem mostly geared to Jocks and a slight nod to Geeks. So I am giving it the full art studio/drama treatment, and also a science lab.

So while some sims are off to the cheer-leading rabbit holes, my other sims can occupy themselves with the science lab, art studio, acting stage, or school library with Research computers.

The school lot being on a 64 x 64 lot is a perfect size for what I need to do. Being that only 20 Sims are on a lot or walking around the area, I need to have everything in the school on one floor. It is kind of like what I did with the layout for my restaurants. Initially I would have two to three floors in a restaurant but noticed that it didn't function very well for gameplay. So, I changed it so that everything is on one floor in my restaurants which works so much better because everything is happening on one floor.

I also want to take advantage of all my packs as well when redesigning the high school.

The school lot being on a 64 x 64 lot is a perfect size for what I need to do. Being that only 20 Sims are on a lot or walking around the area, I need to have everything in the school on one floor. It is kind of like what I did with the layout for my restaurants. Initially I would have two to three floors in a restaurant but noticed that it didn't function very well for gameplay. So, I changed it so that everything is on one floor in my restaurants which works so much better because everything is happening on one floor.

I also want to take advantage of all my packs as well when redesigning the high school.

Yeah, I am considering that as I go about converting.
    Everything that happens during school hours is on the first floor. After school activities like my art studio, labs, and library are on the second floor, or are in the basement. Exercise equipment is in the basement though. I will see how that works out later.
  • lakirelakire Posts: 75 Member
    I'm SO EXCITED about this pack!! One of the things I'm most excited about is how different this will be from what I as a swede am used to when it comes to school and even after-school stuff, which for me is weird cause I really don't like changes of routines and such IRL!
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I didn't catch the whole stream. Did they say anything about Parenthood and the curfew board or school projects?
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    edited July 2022

Lilsimsie said you graduate when it's time to age up (I assume before, not after), but you can also graduate early if you perform very well in school. After that you will just be a teen with no school or after-school activities.
    Oh, and judging by James Turner's video, there's also an option to drop out.

• lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    I didn't catch the whole stream. Did they say anything about Parenthood and the curfew board or school projects?

Not that I saw unfortunately. I've been looking since I have the same questions. Especially about the school part, with the home projects, and also how seasons holidays effect school/school events like prom. Would really like an answer if anyone knows...
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    edited July 2022
    Livestream went well. Almost everything like proms and classrooms worked quite smoothly. I love the proms so much, they actually watched the coronation night and reacted omg it was fun to watch. The cafeteria though was quite a bit of a mess--I wish we could assign them seats. Anyway I'm liking it.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    After watching the live stream and some game changer bids I think it's gonna be a good pack over all. The thing I'm looking forward to the most is the activities, like throwing a football, pillow fighting and so on.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    • I'm liking the world a lot. It seems like there's a good amount of space for both residential and community lots. I'm thinking of bulldozing that starter townhouse in Prescott Square and replacing it with a café or gym.
    • I actually really love the design of the school. I'll likely furnish it a little more, as it does seem kinda sparse, but I'm happy with the layout and design.
    • I'm glad to see that Sims actually stay in their seats during classes. I was worried it might be reminiscent of My Wedding Stories where Sims don't do what you tell them to.
    • I really like the new phone layout, and the additional phone designs/covers. It's small, but a nice touch.
    • I like the idea of combining lot types (like the thrift and boba tea store) and I hope that we'll be able to make our own combined lots in the near future.
    • Build & Buy mode looks great, with very distinct styles. I'm liking the funky colours and patterns, and I especially love that there's both single and double variants of each bed. I really hope they continue to do that for all beds moving forward.
    • The overall quality of the CAS items seem to be really well executed.
    • I like that the auditorium has a similar system to Eco Lifestyle, where we can quickly and easily switch the venue to whatever we might need it for.
    • I'm always wanting more traits, so it's great to see a few new ones being added.
    • I know it's going to be base game, but I'm so happy we're getting body hair. I felt somewhat indifferent about it at first, but now I can't wait to start giving my Sims body hair.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
    edited July 2022
    Whoever added this to CAS--thank you. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top