Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play more or less to The Sims games ?

Do you play more or less to The Sims games ? 51 votes

More
27%
MichelleWSusanaLeotesimgirl1010FlashMarkerSavorySageBabykittyjadecyncieKarababy52CattyBetsySERVERFRASimmingalJustinB113zucchinionpizzaShanaSPutnam 14 votes
Less
29%
LeGardePourpreRflong7Isb917SimburianPeachesnDucksDTM_Derrickbenson2006ChadSims2StrawberryYogurtlogionSeashoreLiviaEternalSunshineBettyNewbie1Tempest329Gamer_34567544 15 votes
As usual
15%
EnkiSchmidtSheepilingRedShoe7MantleJackalEricasFreePlayBehappy1stKimmerLulu29 8 votes
It depend on the moment
27%
SimsILikeSimsmueller_litegc6164elelunicyDinkus83AstroOldeseadoggeCaptain_CuserafwCalico45LT24VeeDubsimmeroriginlebgirl_18 14 votes

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    It depend on the moment
    I may be misunderstanding the question. If you mean do I play more Sims games than other games, not usually, but sometimes I do (if that's my mood at the time). If you mean do I play a Sims game more than I used to play Sims games, then my answer would be that it's probably about the same, but it still depends on my mood at the time. However, in either case Sims 4 is the only Sims game I play at all.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    It depend on the moment
    I can play the game every day for a few weeks then put it down for months at a time. The great thing about The Sims is that it will always be there and there will always be something new to discover when I eventually come back to it.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    More
    I haven't played much lately only because I'm busy. But in general I play more than in previous years. I feel like ts4 only gets better and more fun so I dropped all other games.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • zucchinionpizzazucchinionpizza Posts: 98 Member
    More
    I've been playing a lot more this pas couple of weeks
    Check out my gallery (ID : zucchinionpizza) for base game builds โ™ฅ

• MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 371 Member
    As usual
    I'll be on a Sims binge where I'll play all the time before eventually putting it to the way side in favor of other games. Than I'll remember it, pick it back up and play it for another binge before the same thing happens. Lather, rinse, and repeat.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Less
    Relative to other games? Less the past few weeks. I got stellaris and been getting back into parkitect & dragon quest 11 ๐Ÿ˜
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    It depend on the moment
    Very much depends on what is happening any given day. How much schoolwork is there to do? Is there a looming deadline for a paper? Tiredness level after a day at work and misc. RL things butting in have an impact. In gaming terms, it's TS2 or TS4 depending on mood. Sometimes TS1 if the mood is right. Other games seem to have vanished from their host computers & I have no idea why, so simming is my outlet.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    It depend on the moment
    The Sims series has been one of my game rocks since childhood. I have definitely always played more games than just it, but along with my other childhood loves they continue to dominate large percentages of my entertainment time.

There are definitely periods I spend more time in other games, though I never truly abandon anything. Pretty well all I care about is Monster Hunter Sunbreak right now. However, I'll be back in 4 come Highschool Years.

That said, since coming to adulthood and adult money I have diversified more with games more generally. I think it is a good thing. It means seeing more artistic indies or interesting works, but I still sink most of my time overall into my long time favs.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited July 2022
    More
    I mean when ts1 released i was but wee baby- okay thats being overdramatic i was not a baby but I was kid and I didn't fully understand the game and basically yes i played a lot but i doubt the hours spent on other iterations are anywhere near my ts4 hours
    same can be said for ts2 because meanwhile i played it whole loads like hours at time i can't say my memory is too good probably because at that age i had social life and school system was torturing me with writing essays about things i can't remember anyway and i watched lots of anime. yeah thats my excuse. anime brain damage.

when ts3 came along i suffered more anime brain damage than ever with many edgy shows so its all hazy to me too
    social life nonexistent made me probably play more

and I think I played it fair bit too if killing sims for sport counts until i added island paradise and into the future and my game crash and burn so i was no longer in mood so to speak

when ts4 first released i hardly played it tbh
    aside from keeping up my old sim killing habits cause idk it just annoyed me how everything was always sunshine n rainbows

anyway this is where i hit max edgy
    which kinda sucked so i didn't play a lot

and then some time later i begin to unedgy right around seasons and vampires making game that much more playable to me when it wasn't always sunshine and darkness was option

ofcourse i was still playing edgy vampires i mean why wouldn't i but I suddenly realized I had never truly played the premade sims

I mean sure i had friended goths and whatnot tried to solve the mysteries but it had always been mostly about my own sims i didn't really try to play the premades life to continue it

well i decided this needed to end if i was to ever be respectable simmer *cough* well, know anything about game I've apparently played for half a lifetime

it was finally time for my first premade legacy when i entered the sweet forum land

granted that legacy was also edgy and broke due to my then big mods count

it was sad for a bit cause i was very attached to vlads spawn and decided to no longer use mods while game is still releasing

but when I got new computer and could actually play in ultra oh boy was it revelation

not only was everything beautiful even without cc or mods but also all my sims looked really warped when they were not in lowest graphics :lol:

yeah. that needed to end.
    so new save game was started
    in attempt to make it longer than any other save ive ever had

and also play mostly premades because well unlike my own sims their faces were not warped so it was rather good idea actually

i also decided to build my own sim universe and stop building same lot continuously which made big difference to how my worlds feel now

and I also started gathering packs i had not yet bought because a) potato computer and b) i actually had found out i could buy origin giftcards so i was finally able to buy through origin itself instead of being confused by the whole " why don't they sell game packs anywhere" deal

so i played and played some more gathering the packs in sales

eventually reaching the point of catch up with the new releases

all meanwhile making stories with my premade sims to entertain fellow simmer and myself which made it all the more fun to play

and well rest is me here writing essay about my sims playing apparently :lol:

still trillion premades to play and stories to explore

although i did enter moment of sweet old rage around mws cause i was so sad it didn't work after all those years of wanting more romance content for sims 4 (which btw was about my only entertainment in ts3 aside from killing sims)

I've also hit bit of a snag with my goth family cause I've schemed for them so long and I don't really know how I am to ever actually write their story so that has put me on bit of a building loop instead of playing my sims but i shall hopefully get back on track eventually

well if writing this unneededly long and typoful essay is any indication the writergal be back...one day

kind of hoping to be able to write and share some of it around halloween but we'll see cause that timeline didn't actually really work with my henford story either :lol: and yes i have still yet to abduct bella :lol: how long does it take to beam lady up dang it :joy:

oh and as for other games besides sims and spinoffs of it i never really played much of them cause i always hated how forced it felt like do this do that meh.

I did play some spore as kid but memory on that is also nonexistent

aaand yeah i do still have ps2 with some of my sisters games and mainly just sims games for ps2 and like tekken5 for when i feel like playing something brainless but thats really all you get me to play :lol:

rarely played some silly free phone games but i just get sick of the pay for this pay for that exclusive limited bleh directed to idk rich kids that can't tell its a scam

and I find it just very mentally exhausting to try to keep up with mobile games nonsense all the time to try and do anything in those games
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    edited July 2022
    As usual
    Other than a few games that I play on my phone, yes the Sims is pretty much the only game that I play. It's perfect for escapism, its a comfort blanket at this rate, allows me to create my own world and characters where other players don't get involved. For that I'm grateful. Its something that I turn to when I've had enough of socializing and need some down time.
    Whilst I've played other games I don't get that feeling from them unfortunately. So the Sims it is.

As for how often I play its been sporadic at the moment due to travelling and being on holiday with family (generally just out of routine). Usually I play the game quite a lot!
  • Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    It depend on the moment
    When you stop doing an everyday essential, consistent source of income irl, you turn to a life you want while waiting for your life to grant you normality again. In addition, the more you play, the more your brain becomes addicted because it's a part of life you want to experience. Then you have the gamer who just wants to explore all and finish all missions, character arcs, and achievements. I am that gamer.
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I'm currently on the longest binge played I've ever done, I haven't really played any game outside of it for weeks.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Less
    Too many interesting real life events at the moment for me. I start building or making Sims then everything in the Sims changes with new additions and I get annoyed that I have to start all over again.

Currently watching TV, video and trying to beat my 2 million plus score on Bejewelled 3 at the same time.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    More
    I have 6 different timeline game saves with many different household themes. So, probably a whole lot more now than before. :p
  • DTM_DerrickDTM_Derrick Posts: 26 Member
    Less
    Sims 4 is definitely my least played. I use to easily spend 80% of my time building, and the rest actually playing families. Right now with 4 I am trying to find that building creativity I once had, but have mostly been just building up families. Thing is, as soon as I get to a point where I've got my sim a little family going, I "burn out" and usually don't come back for awhile. And then of course I end up starting over.

The older I get, the busier I get too so that doesn't help lol.
    mp2itdbfrjnh.gif
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    It depend on the moment
    Depends on several factors. Sometimes I am too busy to have enough spare time (working full time, chores on weekends) to get into the game long enough to truly enjoy it. Other times, I am trying out other new games or enjoying a dungeon crawler/RPG. I like exploration games, hidden rooms/areas, and also monster loot drops, and the Sims never has enough for any of those really. World Adventures was my favorite pack of Sims 3 because it let me explore and get treasure at the end.

Sometimes I play mobile games where you can get free stuff for nothing. I like Love Nikki, Shining Nikki, and Avakin Life, and (before it became obsolete with Flash) City Girl Life for these freebies. You have to play every day, participate in events, share content or watch ads, and sometimes spend money: a lot of money - to complete collections, but I don't complete the collections in those games. At least the forced sharing I can just share on FB with the post set to "share with myself only". I generally do not like "guild games" where you are required to participate in timed events that only last 1 or 2 hours at a set time. Sometimes I like "fashion contests" with other players, and sometimes I do not. Sometimes I like going into shared spaces to chat with other players, and sometimes I do not. However, if the Sims franchise ever adds a shared space, they need to add at least 8 solo EPs first, and make sure protections are in place to avoid targeted behaviors online.

Lately, I have been into Stardew Valley. I like to be able to craft objects that can be used to craft other objects, that sometimes can be used to craft other objects still. Kinda meta you could say. For instance, you combine copper ore and stone to make a furnace. You use copper ore and coal to make a copper bar. You make other stuff (say a garden sprinkler) with the copper bars. And different NPCs prefer different gifts: both likes and dislikes. Different areas also unlock after a certain point in the calendar of the game, especially during the 1st year on the farm.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Less
    I used to spend a long time in build/buy mode and CAS. Now I make the smallest, cheapest pieces of crap houses and reuse the same characters in new games, then get bored with everything very quickly. I used to make characters that I would play with for days on end, and their personalities would make them truly come alive.

Ts4 has only done that with three characters so far, but I still don't play with them nearly as much as I did in 3. The Sims here are shallow, stupid, and very utterly boring.

Why not play 3? The lag.
  • lebgirl_18lebgirl_18 Posts: 142 Member
    It depend on the moment
    Yeah, it depends on the moment. Sometimes I watch sim related videos and get inspiration to play and I can play for hours but other days Iโ€™m just like, Iโ€™m more in a Mario game mood or other games