Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They should do a stuff pack for men.

18910111214...Next

Comments

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited July 2022
    That kit was more high fashion. I'm from a small town and I don't ever see men wear clothes like that, even thoughs that identify as he/him and are apart of the lgbtg community and I am friends with several of them. That's not to say that kit didn't have interesting pieces as I'm sure there are those that do wear it and I'm happy they have something in game.

I would however love to see some clothes more tailored to the male sims as they do lack. Yes they have clothes but most everything has some sort of strip down the pant keg or tailored a specific way, there aren't many basics for men specially pants. But that also goes for toddlers and child sims. They definitly need more clothing options.

I turned off my CC and went to dress a family with child and toddler sims and I had forgotten how little they have in game. Specially the male toddlers and child sims. Would love to see some clothing kits for those age groups.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • ThirteenCatzThirteenCatz Posts: 9 New Member
    they should do an entire EP for men. Guys always get cruddy things, or nothing in any release. not fair.
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 446 Member
    That kit was horrible, most of the clothes seemed more for women to be honest. We need more stuff that regular men wear, not high fashion models.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    rhalius wrote: »
    That kit was horrible, most of the clothes seemed more for women to be honest. We need more stuff that regular men wear, not high fashion models.

I didn't buy that suspect kit. It was so disrespectful. Who would be caught dead wearing what was offered? I hope shaving is a sign that they will add stuff with more cajones.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    JestTru wrote: »
    That kit was more high fashion. I'm from a small town and I don't ever see men wear clothes like that, even thoughs that identify as he/him and are apart of the lgbtg community and I am friends with several of them. That's not to say that kit didn't have interesting pieces as I'm sure there are those that do wear it and I'm happy they have something in game.

I would however love to see some clothes more tailored to the male sims as they do lack. Yes they have clothes but most everything has some sort of strip down the pant keg or tailored a specific way, there aren't many basics for men specially pants. But that also goes for toddlers and child sims. They definitly need more clothing options.

I turned off my CC and went to dress a family with child and toddler sims and I had forgotten how little they have in game. Specially the male toddlers and child sims. Would love to see some clothing kits for those age groups.

Small town...big city...ain't nobody wearing dat s... lol
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited July 2022
    The male sims deserve to be loved .

Maxis does a good job with TS4, I'm hungry for more content.
    With all the existing requests and CC, there are still many good ideas available to add to the game.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 446 Member
    Sadly with each game, male sims get less content.

Sims 3 still offered enough good content though, lots of clothes men actually wear, hairstyles too instead of only super slick hairstyles. Animations where better as well, male sims moved less feminine overall and traits actually did something which allowed you to make more masculine acting sims.
    Way more activities to do that appealed to men as well. Male sims could just be a dude, you know? Build a nice man cave, open a bar, start a band, more appealing career options, etc.

Not saying what it offered was only interesting for men either but well, there just was way more masculine oriented stuff. Sims 4 is just pushed way too far towards the feminine. It lacks balance. Sims 3 already had more focus on women who received way more clothes and general attention, but men where still getting plenty to work with so it was just more like women got a little extra without it being at the expense of men.

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    What are you talking about y'all got a male centered cas kit? Like... I know good and well we have male gurus that can speak up about male style in game.
    LOL. We got a "male centered" kit that had skirts that is not what I see people asking for at all. I want a kit with normal clothing you actually see men wearing not skirts and other "high hideous fashion" your average man would never wear but that's what that "male" kit was all about.

I should not have to turn to cc to get a basic t-shirt that is not skintight and looks like its painted on.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited January 2023
    I'm still interested in more options to create more people in the game : very hairy guys, bear guys, masculine girls, FTM

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • LonelyWolfTalesLonelyWolfTales Posts: 44 Member
    I agree that we need more basic and simple outfits, but honestly I wouldn't mind more basic and simple outfits for female sims as well. It's quite hard to find something detailed and simple-looking at the same time for both genders. Especially t-shirts, differently meshed t-shirts! The textures on most outfits have evolved across time but the t-shirts always stay the same...
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 296 Member
    edited August 2023
    I think it would be cool too, I think the sims 4 could use a little more Masculine vibe/energy. Don’t get me wrong I love that it has the feminine qualities but it could use a little more themes that are more masculine, such as personality traits or aspects like a macho trait. The macho traits could make this sim less likely
    To cry about anything or get offended.

They also could be less afraid of certain things that may scare most sims, such as fear of thunderstorms, macho sims may not be afraid of thunder storms, but when it comes to being vulnerable or showing their feelings they could have a fear of that.

They could also naturally be more athletic or strong. They could also be always wanting to watch sports or a ring fighting channel with their wants. And a fear they could have is not being macho enough such as having a fear of crying or being embarrassed for not seemingly macho enough, they could also have a harder time expressing their feelings and have more failures when it comes to speaking about their feelings and relating to others when they speak deeply about something. They could naturally want to take on a career where they can feel like leaders or protectors.

and if they have a family Aspiration desire to protect their family and be very protective or their kids, say one of their kids grows up and starts dating they may have a harder time getting along or liking their kids spouse. They also could want careers such as maybe a professional kick boxer or fighter, more men’s clothing that aren’t just ground breaking or extra stylish but also just nice and casual.

And of course all female
    Sims could take part in the fun too, you could have macho female sims as well, but I do think this game could do something like that or more of those things since there are male players too. And I know there are female players that still want to create more masculine sims too. So anyone that says that’s not the demographic or it wouldn’t sell I think they’re plain wrong. In fact I think people that say that would be shocked how much it a pack like that would sell.

Variety of personalities is always a good thing in a life simulator like the sims. To ignore any type of personality with the sims is to ignore a demographic type of player.

When I’ve played the sims with people before that actually has been a criticism from people who never had played the game, that the male sims all seem a bit feminine at times and those criticisms I heard were mostly from female players. Nothing wrong with feminine at all just wish I could make some of my male sims act more masculine. I think even the most feminine sims would appreciate more masculine ones. It could also be under likes and dislikes - Masculine sims and Feminine sims. Or sims they are more likely to get along with. It could also go under the attraction system too. Even if a sim is attracted to male sims, she might only be attracted to more masculine male sims. Or you could even have a male sim who is attracted to only male masculine sims as well, or vice versa. Female sims who are attracted to female sims may only be attracted to other feminine female sims. Anyway you get the point. I think it would be great for the game and make it feel more well rounded and alive.
    Post edited by Bren91 on