Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

High School Years Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,839 Member
    edited July 2022
    I forgot to add the CAS and BB items are very well done yet again. They are on such a roll with quality items in those categories. I don't know what's changed, but I'm loving what we get with each kit and pack that comes along recently, MWS included but almost exclusively for Tartosa.
  • Options
    DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    I didn't expect school to be like an active career with tasks. Not sure if I am a fan of the game telling me I should work out and stuff instead of just letting me attend classes and otherwise let me do what I want.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited July 2022
    livestream has me lot more interested in this pack than i originally was so i guess I might eventually get it

still, I need to get werewolves first and that should eat up my sims budget for the year :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Man, I have a lot of teens. Would be nice to have an active school to meet other teens and have that teen life at and rotating it with my parents jobs. PROM EVERY WEEK THOUGH!? I play on Long lifespan, I need to change that frequency. Every four weeks sounds ideal.

But mostly, I am VERY interested in those Wants/Fears as a play-through-the-whims person and those traits look real good! There are plenty of loners that I would classify instead as socially awkward! Really would have liked Party Animal for Morgan when she aged up having thrown loads of parties. And I know what it's like living with an overachiever for a sibling and feels complimentary to the Ambitious trait, which I don't think teens can get?

I'd bump this pack up over Werewolves and Wedding Stories for purchases but I know which ones are likely going to go on sale first.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Handel wrote: »
    Man, I have a lot of teens. Would be nice to have an active school to meet other teens and have that teen life at and rotating it with my parents jobs. PROM EVERY WEEK THOUGH!? I play on Long lifespan, I need to change that frequency. Every four weeks sounds ideal.
    I wonder if we can just skip the prom one week and choose to go to the following one instead, I assume so. I am thinking that we can go to whichever one is closest to our teens graduation and it will fill up with any teens still at the school. At least, I hope that is how it will work.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    I only caught the last 10 mins or so of the livestream and need to catch up but the build buy items look really good. Those curved walls! So many possibilities, and what I saw of the buy mode is gorgeous.
    The Prom looked a bit quiet but a definite improvement on the rabbithole prom from sims3 and no prom at all in this one.
    Will watch the rest over the weekend.
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    I feel that the last two packs are very polished.

Plenty of content, new woohoo, new death, plenty of BG updates, plenty of specific CAS and BB, lots of lore and new gameplay.

I like a lot of what I've seen from the team deciding that they're adding stuff that adds to teenagers and just them: finally teen aged only CAS and aspirations, bedroom BB in several styles instead of adding just one style of BB for everything -outdoors furniture, stove, toilet, etc-

I love what will be added as a BG update (body hair and the option to make our sims more sexual and romanticly diverse).

The active high school seems like quite a lot of fun, less focused on studying and assignments than DU and more focused on the experience. I'm pleasantly surprised that you can follow several active sims and that there's a lot of time for socializing.

Still, I'm a bit bummed that they didn't add an option for uniforms and the fact that there's only one high school for every world.

I'm also crossing my fingers for a good cross pack compatibility with DU, they did mention a bit about it when talking about grades and graduation.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    The fact that they added school fire drills 🥺 so cute!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I really liked what I saw in the live stream. I liked how you can actually be temporarily banned from rides on the pier if caught woohooing. All these consequences, even if temporarily, makes the game more exciting and gives sims a bit of a challenge. I also like sims can actually grow hair and shave if enabled, adds for a bit of realism while the occults help still keep fantasy elements. Also finally getting more of a social media network and for real this time, not just a tease.

I don't want everything to be too much like real life as part of the fun of the game is doing things you won't be able to do, so this is a good balance.

I just wished we had a proper attraction system; but maybe with sims asking other sims out and all that would actually be better as there will be more surprises and drama that way.

Besides the hiccups with MWS, I like the direction that the game is heading towards.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I went ahead and pre-ordered after the live stream. They really put a lot into this. It's kind of incredible. School isn't a grind, but more of a social function with a ton of after school things to do. We can add even more activities! Sneaking out is one of my favorite things ever(which may or may not be because that is something I did a lot in high school...shhhh) and I think the world is just right.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Has anything been said as to how this effects when a sim graduates?
    Are we on a schedule now? If so, how long before when a sim starts high school and when they graduate?

Until, now school lasted as long as the sim was a teen and I controlled how long they are in high school.
    If we are on a schedule now, it makes things more complicated if you are rotating between households and want everyone to graduate about the same time.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Are we on a schedule now? If so, how long before when a sim starts high school and when they graduate?

Until, now school lasted as long as the sim was a teen and I controlled how long they are in high school.
    If we are on a schedule now, it makes things more complicated if you are rotating between households and want everyone to graduate about the same time.

This is exactly what I want to know. I hope we decide when we graduate and who graduates with us. I really want to buy this pack, but it has to work in my rotation. Also how does it work with aging up? Is graduation before or after becoming a young adult? What if I have aging off?
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    I love how they learned from their mistakes with past packs (making university so boring by focusing on the actual grind too much) and they made school more about the social aspects. This pack is amazing I slept after the livestream and actually dreamed about it :D
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited July 2022
    CK213 wrote: »

They said something about being locked out of some careers and won't be easily accepted into Uni if they don't graduate. IIRC.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited July 2022
    It looks like lots of fun gameplay. I've wanted more things to do for my Sim teens for a long time and it seems like this pack will deliver. :grin:
  • Options
    mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    edited July 2022
    I am HYPED for this pack. I really hope this pack brings a ton of chaos and drama in the game with the crushes, wants & fears and mischief. Sims 4 lacks the insanity that I grew to know and love with the previous games. I miss the shrink that falls from the sky when you hit negative aspiration level.

Also... UNIFORMS. Please let us set uniforms like in dine-out!!!

Sadly... There doesn't seem to be an attraction system like I had hoped, but hey at least mods got it covered and crushes are a step in the right direction. Would have been better if it was built in the base-game though, that mods can improve on instead. (less bugs that way). I HOPE we can get unrequited crushes.

All in all, I'll probably pre-order.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Been wanting new selfie poses in-game for a long time and finally getting them. Yessssss.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    utopiamoonutopiamoon Posts: 68 Member
    I have a question. Are the new cas items for teens only? Or can it be for young adults too? Some of the prom dresses will make a nice wedding dress I think 🤔
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    utopiamoon wrote: »
    I have a question. Are the new cas items for teens only? Or can it be for young adults too? Some of the prom dresses will make a nice wedding dress I think 🤔

New clothing is for young adults, adults, elders.
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    Handel wrote: »
    I wonder if we can just skip the prom one week and choose to go to the following one instead, I assume so. I am thinking that we can go to whichever one is closest to our teens graduation and it will fill up with any teens still at the school. At least, I hope that is how it will work.

I also play a long life span with a 28 days per season so I am really hoping for a way to change the frequency. If not I think your idea may work out. 🤔
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I’m excited for this pack. I think it will naturally fit into my game. I’m loving CAS. It’s one of my favorite things about playing the sims. I know I’m gonna have a lot of fun there.

I like that we actually make the card boards for the promposals. But that there is also different ways to ask. I like the inclusion of after parties. I do wish that they would’ve created a new teen party event.

Besides the fact that I think that they should’ve included a lot on the pier. I do like the pier. I don’t mine at the attractions are rabbit holes. I think it will be a nice place to hang out.

Thrift Tea looks like a fun lot type. Already know I’m gonna add at least one more to my game. Maybe have a few clubs meet there. I want to know the cross pack compatibility with the clubs from get together. I really like how the auditorium works. I hope that we get more lot types that change, and are multifunction. I feel like it’s a good idea especially with how limited the world sizes are.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top