Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Leaked Gameplay Article

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I really want separate homework for each class. I don't like the 'do homework' feature. I want to ' do math homework ' or ' do history homework.' Maybe there won't be homework for every class every day.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I hope the gurus are not dossapointed by the leak. They probably wanted to surprise everyone on the livestream 😬😬 but hopefully they know it might not be a surprise but it doesn't make it any less exciting! 🥳🥳🥳
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I really want separate homework for each class. I don't like the 'do homework' feature. I want to ' do math homework ' or ' do history homework.' Maybe there won't be homework for every class every day.

Yeah, I would like that, too.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Since it's been confirmed we are getting class subjects I do believe the categories will be separated now.
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    Fingers crossed the sexual & romantic orientations include asexual and aromantic labels (and hopefully demisexual/demiromantic)

Also hoping the base game update gives console versions the sorely needed UI scaling that PC has had for a few years now.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    It seems like there have been more leaks about this pack than usual. More than Werewolves it feels like. It makes you wonder if those leaks might be orchestrated. This is what the third or fourth leak? We knew the theme of the pack while we were still waiting for Werewolves to drop. Then the world map leak, now this leak about the gameplay and the update. Maybe this is normal, I'm not entirely sure. I never started paying attention to the news ahead of a pack release this closely until I started participating here which was just before MWS bombed dropped.

Maybe these 'leaks' are to help mend fences after the MWS fiasco? Just a thought while waiting impatiently.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    What worries me mostly is that it looks like the school will be locked to Copperdale, and not a new lot trait that we can put anywhere:
    Teens will attend Copperdale High School, located in the new world of Copperdale

:(

Otherwise I think everything looks awesome! I expected one exciting base-game update apart from body hair, but two?? Christmas came early this year!

More then two.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    The article was very informative. Some may wonder who would want to go to High School with their teen on a regular basis; yet, this is something I've always wanted to do because it is one aspect of a teenage experience. I've always wanted to be immersed in the every day activities of my teen which includes active classes, having lockers, visiting with friends while at lunch, and etc., etc. Finally, I think this expansion pack will deliver on the teenage experience.

The more I've thought about it, I'm happy this wasn't released before. This is the right time because overall things have improved and this pack is better served for that reason.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    The article was very informative. Some may wonder who would want to go to High School with their teen on a regular basis; yet, this is something I've always wanted to do because it is one aspect of a teenage experience. I've always wanted to be immersed in the every day activities of my teen which includes active classes, having lockers, visiting with friends while at lunch, and etc., etc. Finally, I think this expansion pack will deliver on the teenage experience.

The more I've thought about it, I'm happy this wasn't released before. This is the right time because overall things have improved and this pack is better served for that reason.

I couldn't agree more. And this will probably be one of my most used packs of all time.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2022

I couldn't agree more. And this will probably be one of my most used packs of all time.

It definitely will be for me too. :p
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    It seems like there have been more leaks about this pack than usual. More than Werewolves it feels like. It makes you wonder if those leaks might be orchestrated. This is what the third or fourth leak? We knew the theme of the pack while we were still waiting for Werewolves to drop. Then the world map leak, now this leak about the gameplay and the update. Maybe this is normal, I'm not entirely sure. I never started paying attention to the news ahead of a pack release this closely until I started participating here which was just before MWS bombed dropped.

Maybe these 'leaks' are to help mend fences after the MWS fiasco? Just a thought while waiting impatiently.

Honestly we would never know for sure as an outsider but I personally don't think this amount of leaking is normal. This has been excessive and Jovan from the simscommuniy basically confirmed (in between his rants) that leaks in general are not usually welcome 😅
    Plus I know how much the gurus love to surprise us. Just like simgurugeorge surprised everyone with firefighters at the end of the ecolifestyle livestream and everyone was going crazy in the chat 🤭🤭🤭
    I don't think they would have wanted this leaked hours before the stream.
    Just my observation.
  • lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    I'm actually gonna get emotional about the implementation of wants and fears FINALLY!! 😭 In older games wants and fears were the main motivators in my day to day gameplay, and one of the main reasons I get bored with TS4 is because I have no (good) wants and fears to keep me interested during the down time of my long term story goals.

I hope these are gonna be well implemented, and not just like the current whims where they're the same for everyone and dependent on seasons/what home appliances you lack (really tired of my child sims wanting to buy a dishwasher).

Based off the other information in the article, it sounds like they have the opportunity to really focus on relationships and sim personalities, so fingers crossed. If they do this well, I think it'll be one of the best packs/updates to the game so far.

That's a good point about the timing. With Werewolves and Moonwood Mill the Gurus delivered a world that has another hidden world beneath the surface. Can they take that and scale it up to a bigger world and give Copperdale an immersive teen world that hides in plain sight alongside the adult world. All worlds are adult centered but outside of the GT clubs there's no way to really make a world that is uniquely teen oriented, that is world where anybody but a teen is going to be an outsider. Moonwood Mill did just that, created a world that is only accessible and relatable to werewolves and placed right alongside a world that can cater to regular humans or other occults.

Honestly we would never know for sure as an outsider but I personally don't think this amount of leaking is normal. This has been excessive and Jovan from the simscommuniy basically confirmed (in between his rants) that leaks in general are not usually welcome 😅
    Plus I know how much the gurus love to surprise us. Just like simgurugeorge surprised everyone with firefighters at the end of the ecolifestyle livestream and everyone was going crazy in the chat 🤭🤭🤭
    Just my observation.

If it wasn't for the fact that MWS wasn't that long ago I never would have wondered if this was somehow orchestrated. I could see them maybe wanting to mend fences and maybe let a few carefully selected things slip to try and woo disgruntled simmers back. If it is, and they want surprises to drop on us, what surprises might they be holding back because there has been no shortage of things to make us go crazy lately?

Can you tell my imagination is going wild waiting for 2pm to get here?😆
    edited July 2022

Just my observation.

If it wasn't for the fact that MWS wasn't that long ago I never would have wondered if this was somehow orchestrated. I could see them maybe wanting to mend fences and maybe let a few carefully selected things slip to try and woo disgruntled simmers back. If it is, and they want surprises to drop on us, what surprises might they be holding back because there has been no shortage of things to make us go crazy lately?

Can you tell my imagination is going wild waiting for 2pm to get here?😆

Hahahaha😂😂😂😂 leaks or no leaks I think we are all in lala land at this point! I'm so excited!
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I can't wait. The free update looks awesome too !! I wonder if parents can also ground teens for sneaking out ? I hope so.
  • duriankindduriankind Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2022
    I am so stoked!! This article seems really promising, and with this partnered with the video that was posted yesterday wants and fears are pretty much confirmed. That is awesome as I loved that feature in the sims 2 and it will hopefully add the slightest bit of challenge/personality to the gameplay as you avoid your sims' fears and have small-term goals with fulfilling wants. I'm really hoping the want/fear system is based on a number of variables such as your sims' traits, aspiration, likes/dislikes, lifestyles, etc.

I'm even more excited at the possibility of an attraction system and being able to customize your sims' sexual/romantic preferences. I also like the idea of my sims' partner being able to dump them, but I do hope that it has more to do with romance/relationship level rather than it being random like I've seen some others mention already. I think it would be a little too heartbreaking if I was too invested and my sim ended up getting dumped by who was supposed to be their soulmate, haha. I might need to go through all of the stages of grief myself to recover, lol. 😭
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    check out my gallery page
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Darren wrote: »
    So... 2 classes a day sounds good - that would be morning class, then lunch, then afternoon class presumably.

I am really hoping for classes that have things other than sitting at a desk.

As long as there are no homework for each class but instead one general homework for the next day like we have now.
    I wonder if they can sneakily do their homework during class...

One of those small details that I really miss from TS3 is that your sim could finish their homework on the bus on the way to school (although it did seem to have a small detrimental affect on their mood and energy for the rest of the day). I thought that was both convenient and realistic... and a little funny. I was always scrambling to get homework done (on the bus, in the hallway, etc.). I mean, I was a goody-two-shoes, but we had so much homework at my school that we were all always sneaking it in wherever we could.

Even if we don't get school buses in this pack, it would definitely be great if our sims could sneak to work on it in class, work on it in the cafeteria, etc.

Oh! You know, one thing I haven't seen mentioned is a school library. How could we possibly have a high school without a library? (Not to mention the difficulties of creating a Buffy save.)
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    All this talk about leaking makes me wonder whether I accidentally clicked the wrong link and read a different article than everyone else. I really didn't see anything that earthshattering that we didn't already know or at least strongly guess. What am I missing?
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    All this talk about leaking makes me wonder whether I accidentally clicked the wrong link and read a different article than everyone else. I really didn't see anything that earthshattering that we didn't already know or at least strongly guess. What am I missing?

I agree it wasn't earthshattering; there were only maybe two completely new bits of info (number of classes, and sexual attraction settings).

I think people are just eager for details and hyped for the upcoming livestream.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited July 2022

I would put money down that the leaks are orchestrated. This always happens when we're about to get new packs, and gaming leaks arent unique to the Sims franchise. Currently, we doing exactly what they want us to do. Generating hype, speculating, talking about it all over social media and spreading the word, and getting ready to buy! From a marketing pov, this is great! And yeah there are times when devs arent ready to talk about something but someone from outside or inside starts leaking info, then heads are rolling. I personally think that when word about a high school pack started making waves a little while ago, that that was unintentional.

But that aside, with all the new info and "leaks" that come out whenever new content is on the horizon, Im willing to bet that there was some meetings over what they're gonna reveal. Some higher up gave the go ahead and now someone "accidentally" dropped some new info and is totally hoping that absolutely no one like popular and well established gaming news websites with lots of regular visitors takes the ball and runs with it to show off to millions of potential buyers! That's just silly!

200.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member

I would put money down that the leaks are orchestrated. This always happens when we're about to get new packs, and gaming leaks arent unique to the Sims franchise. Currently, we doing exactly what they want us to do. Generating hype, speculating, talking about it all over social media and spreading the word, and getting ready to buy! From a marketing pov, this is great! And yeah there are times when devs arent ready to talk about something but someone from outside or inside starts leaking info, then heads are rolling. I personally think that when word about a high school pack started making waves a little while ago, that that was unintentional.

But that aside, with all the new info and "leaks" that come out whenever new content is on the horizon, Im willing to bet that there was some meetings over what they're gonna reveal. Some higher up gave the go ahead and now someone "accidentally" dropped some new info and is totally hoping that absolutely no one like popular and well established gaming news websites with lots of regular visitors takes the ball and runs with it to show off to millions of potential buyers! That's just silly!

200.gif

I felt that way about the initial leak.
    It would be really necessary if you want to get customers talking and checking if what you have is on the right track for any last minute adjustments, or how you might direct your marketing campaign.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    If they pull this off, I'm impressed. This addresses so many complaints I've had with this game. The devs are really turning things around this year. Either they got a bigger budget, or Kits are actually helping, or these updates were always in the pipeline and they just coincidentally happened to be ready right now, or they're trying to pump out the needed stuff so they can focus on dragons - I don't know. But this is huge and I really appreciate it.

I dump on Sims 4 a lot, so lemme just break down what I really like.
    • Teen-specific Aspirations, which will help differentiate them from adults and give them more unique experiences.
    • I complained about the Whims system being abandoned. Now they came back to it and evolved it into a superior system. (Kinda wish they mentioned that they were working on improving the system, instead of saying that they had no plans on touching it when they last talked about them.)
    • Expulsion gives us serious long-term consequences for our actions, while still giving us the chance to turn things around.
    • Gender preferences are a much-needed addition. And I doubt it'll be rigid, so there will be room to experiment. (I want Sidney to realize he's straight when he grows up, while Principal Prescott comes out as a lesbian. Switch things up.)

Being dumped worries me, though. If the relationship is struggling, sure. If they've been dating other sims, sure. But I don't want it to be arbitrary, like story progression choices. That said, relationship trouble could make playing a lot more fun.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    So... 2 classes a day sounds good - that would be morning class, then lunch, then afternoon class presumably.

As long as there are no homework for each class but instead one general homework for the next day like we have now.

One of those small details that I really miss from TS3 is that your sim could finish their homework on the bus on the way to school (although it did seem to have a small detrimental affect on their mood and energy for the rest of the day). I thought that was both convenient and realistic... and a little funny. I was always scrambling to get homework done (on the bus, in the hallway, etc.). I mean, I was a goody-two-shoes, but we had so much homework at my school that we were all always sneaking it in wherever we could.

Even if we don't get school buses in this pack, it would definitely be great if our sims could sneak to work on it in class, work on it in the cafeteria, etc.

Oh! You know, one thing I haven't seen mentioned is a school library. How could we possibly have a high school without a library? (Not to mention the difficulties of creating a Buffy save.)

Whoo! A Buffy save! I haven't done one, but that could be fun! Yep, the Scooby gang definitely needs a library to hang out in!
    Also Teen Wolf would be fun. Good stuff!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    RoseQuartz wrote: »

Whoo! A Buffy save! I haven't done one, but that could be fun! Yep, the Scooby gang definitely needs a library to hang out in!
    Also Teen Wolf would be fun. Good stuff!

What is a Buffy Save?
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds