Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What if we're getting a Caribbean world?

12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
07I055F.png
After we already got Island Living and its Hawaiian-inspired beach world, take a look at the picture. Did y'all see two buildings on the other island of Sulani? They look like Caribbean buildings kinda like inspired by Puerto Rico, Cuba, Dominican Republic, etc. But what if we're getting an Afro-Caribbean-inspired world with beaches and stuff? I mean I would also like a reggae radio station. What do y'all think?

OK! Since my mind was still thinking about Caribbean, Sulani is kinda like a Hawaiian world. I wish I want an Island Living refresh, because there's only 8 days until the first day of summer this year. Let me list things what I really want since Island Living didn't add everything.

List of things we want for Island Living EP refresh that hasn't been added yet
  • A Caribbean-inspired beach world (Believe me, I know every expansion packs usually add only one world(s) for The Sims 4, but with Bon Voyage and World Adventure, they have multiple world such as, tropical, forest, Asian, Egyptian desert, and European, so I guess we'll get another beach world after we got Sulani and Tartosa)
  • Hammock
  • Hula dance (A Hawaiian dance. Most sims from Sulani wanna do their dance moves as their culture)
  • Surfing
  • Scuba diving and diving/underwater lot (Wait, scuba diving was already added, was it?)
  • Free update features such as, Latin radio station (No longer exclusive to Jungle Adventure), diving board, round pool tool, etc.

Believe me, I tried. Sometimes, I miss my reggae station and my favorite Caribbean culture.
Post edited by 12JEREMIA on

Comments

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Reggae :heart:

As long as it comes with underwater diving and a world for my mermaids I’ll be happy. Would be great for hotels too but I think I would prefer that to be in its own separate GP.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    07I055F.png
    After we already got Island Living and its Hawaiian-inspired beach world, take a look at the picture. Did y'all see two buildings on the other island of Sulani? They look like Caribbean buildings kinda like inspired by Puerto Rico, Cuba, Dominican Republic, etc. But what if we're getting an Afro-Caribbean-inspired world with beaches and stuff? I mean I would also like a reggae radio station. What do y'all think?

I wish for such a world (and such music) myself. I've wandered (with the camera) around that unplayable Sulani island a number of times, wishing it were playable. :lol: But I don't know that it necessarily hints at anything other than representing a colonial type area from some point in Sulani's history. I would very much like the world you described, though. :sunglasses:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Since we didn't get true scuba diving with Island Living, a Caribbean themed world would be a perfect opportunity to bring scuba back.
    Also boats for groups of sims
    Yes Reggae Music
    This would go great with my cruise idea.

I want to be able to put a group of sims on a boat and drive to a private beach for the day and have an island BBQ, while listening to something other than summer strut.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Reggae music, limbo dancing and some fancy fruit cocktails would be lovely. Also, speedboats and little island ferries for about 10 sims.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    07I055F.png

I ll take it. You can't have too many beach worlds.
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 277 Member
    I would love a Caribbean world. I really don't care what part of the African diaspora gets it's shine but it should happen.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    edited June 2022
    I would love a Caribbean themed pack. Maybe it could expand on some of the things missing from Sulani. I know, in that pack, they were focused more on the early indigenous culture and island preservation, and I appreciate that. But a new island pack with water sports, houseboats, expanded mermaids, pirate treasure and, yes…reggae!!… would scratch several player itches, I think. I’m a Parrothead, and a lot of my TS3 saves in Island Paradise we’re about a pretend Margaritaville beach bum lifestyle. I wouldn’t mind being able to do that in TS4.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I don't think we'll get another island world pack but I would like some kind of African theme world.
    Maybe it would add hammocks.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    That does it! It's almost summer time this year, I really want an Island Living refresh that needs to feature hammocks, surfing, and anything related to tropical/beach activities. If we're not getting it for next month this year, I'm OK with it, cause I cannot live without a Caribbean/West Indian culture for my simself's family
    edited June 2022
    That does it! It's almost summer time this year, I really want an Island Living refresh that needs to feature hammocks, surfing, and anything related to tropical/beach activities. If we're not getting it for next month this year, I'm OK with it, cause I cannot live without a Caribbean/West Indian culture for my simself's family

Yes this is something I'm hoping for as well. Also this pack could add more items for pools another thing I've been pushing the gurus for on Twitter.
    UPDATE: I added the list, cause there's only 8 days until the first day of summer. Believe me y'all, I know every EPs from The Sims 4 usually adds only one, and I know Bon Voyage and World Adventures do have multiple worlds
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    UPDATE: I added the list, cause there's only 8 days until the first day of summer. Believe me y'all, I know every EPs from The Sims 4 usually adds only one, and I know Bon Voyage and World Adventures do have multiple worlds

I imagine if TS4 were to add several worlds in one EP, it would be small 5 lots neighbourhoods, not huge worlds like the previous games.
    I wouldn't mind getting a Caribbean world in a new pack. A world adventures themed pack with 3 new destinations and hotels would be great... I can dream.

If they did an Island Living refresh I would hope they would give mermaids a skill tree and a decent update.
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind getting a Caribbean world in a new pack. A world adventures themed pack with 3 new destinations and hotels would be great... I can dream.

If they did an Island Living refresh I would hope they would give mermaids a skill tree and a decent update.

You'd think they'd be doing a Summer Pack for Summer but it's not looking like that will happen. It's looking like High School is the Next Expansion Pack.
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    We NEED a Caribbean world and representation! I am Caribbean and would love this
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

Trimoth wrote: »
    We NEED a Caribbean world and representation! I am Caribbean and would love this
    Same here! That reggae radio station was still on my wishlist for The Sims team to give me my favorite music back for my simself to listen to during summer days
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    Would love more island worlds, for sure! :smile: (And I’m Latina, so…)

Would love more island and beach gameplay that was missing from Sulani, too, and maybe hotels.

Expanded/refreshed mermaids would be an excellent welcome addition as well.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    MichelleW wrote: »

You'd think they'd be doing a Summer Pack for Summer but it's not looking like that will happen. It's looking like High School is the Next Expansion Pack.

This
    Can I get a travel EP and a pool themed stuff pack please. I'm down for a school themed pack but as a teacher the last thing I'm trying to think about during the summer is school.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Sulani is one of my favorite worlds to live in. I would be wonderful to see more of this theme !
  • ItalStewItalStew Posts: 30 Member
    Reggae music is needed, I hope the radio station is brought back soon. It's been one of my most requested features on here. I wouldn't mind if it's the same songs from The Sims 2 either.